We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by yinzburgher »

Cash back at RGM is now showing 4% again.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

If anyone is wondering what I ordered, I got a used 7T92 chronograph for $30. There were still quite a few of them under $70 from a bunch of sellers. Also a lot of used Seiko 5s including the rare graph paper one were listed

Edit- yinzburgher beat me to it, Cashback is over
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:06 pm I just got off the phone with Rakuten. They're up to their shady tricks again (as though it ever stopped). My last RGM cash back amount had magically gone from $74 down to $19. No email, no heads up......just making digital cash disappear. Luckily I screenshot everything so I could see what happened. The CS dude was real nice and helpful but claimed he couldn't see why it was changed, just that it had been changed. He reinstated the correct amount right away. But this isn't really making me want to place an order. It also makes me appreciate how easy it is to get your RetailMeNot cash back.
what is the phone # for Rakuten?
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

valuewatchguy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:43 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:06 pm I just got off the phone with Rakuten. They're up to their shady tricks again (as though it ever stopped). My last RGM cash back amount had magically gone from $74 down to $19. No email, no heads up......just making digital cash disappear. Luckily I screenshot everything so I could see what happened. The CS dude was real nice and helpful but claimed he couldn't see why it was changed, just that it had been changed. He reinstated the correct amount right away. But this isn't really making me want to place an order. It also makes me appreciate how easy it is to get your RetailMeNot cash back.
415-908-2200
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:49 pm
valuewatchguy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:43 pm
415-908-2200
Thank you! I will call tomorrow. I need to clear up why a cash back is not showing on my accoutn sumamry even though the shopping trip did register.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
rinsk21
MoT Member

Post by rinsk21 »

So my latest order showed up today. It's the first time I've used Rakuten Global Express and the first time I've used a credit card directly without the benefit of PayPal. Really out on a limb. No cash back has shown up yet, but I already opened a case and it's proceeding exactly how I've experienced in the past. Hopefully with the same good result because the stakes are a bit higher this time.Image

ig: @watchesindc

MOZ46
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MOZ46 »

Just a heads up that i got my cashback (big fat check) yesterday.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

MOZ46 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 am Just a heads up that i got my cashback (big fat check) yesterday.
I did not get mine on 8/15/19 as scheduled. I was due like $980. Now they're showing it as coming 11/15/19. :x

I opened a claim with them, which hopefully they will resolve quickly. I am thoroughly getting tired of fighting with Rakuten every time I am supposed to get cash back, cash back mysteriously disappearing, and then fighting for the Big Fat Check too (this is the second time they have done this). I won with some big purchases from them before, but I think I'm tapping out now - quit while I am ahead.
PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

Kirk B wrote:
MOZ46 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:17 am Just a heads up that i got my cashback (big fat check) yesterday.
I did not get mine on 8/15/19 as scheduled. I was due like $980. Now they're showing it as coming 11/15/19. :x

I opened a claim with them, which hopefully they will resolve quickly. I am thoroughly getting tired of fighting with Rakuten every time I am supposed to get cash back, cash back mysteriously disappearing, and then fighting for the Big Fat Check too (this is the second time they have done this). I won with some big purchases from them before, but I think I'm tapping out now - quit while I am ahead.
Fight them in it. Send emails, demand answers. I have the same thing a few cycles ago, and they did eventually send it earlier.

(I've since stopped relying on getting anything from them because it's such a pain.....)

Edit - look at the post right after this one, that's exactly what happened (in the past) to me as well.....

Last edited by PopePants2 on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Mine was due yesterday and changed to Nov 15 as well. Ridiculous how they operate.

Edit: I sent them a message via the website. Received a response after a few minutes saying
"Thank you for contacting us. All our members are scheduled to be paid by August 15th. Any members not paid by the 15th will receive their payment within the next 5 business days.  "

Of course my account still says it's expected Nov 15.

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Halaku
MoT Member

Post by Halaku »

mplsabdullah wrote:Mine was due yesterday and changed to Nov 15 as well. Ridiculous how they operate.

Edit: I sent them a message via the website. Received a response after a few minutes saying
"Thank you for contacting us. All our members are scheduled to be paid by August 15th. Any members not paid by the 15th will receive their payment within the next 5 business days.  "

Good to know i was starting to worry about my Big Fat Check ...which hasint showed up yet ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Halaku wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:44 am
mplsabdullah wrote:Mine was due yesterday and changed to Nov 15 as well. Ridiculous how they operate.

Good to know i was starting to worry about my Big Fat Check ...which hasint showed up yet ..

What method of payment did you choose? I chose PayPal to get my checks since its usually the quickest route. Did your account also change from expected delivery of Aug to Nov?
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

mplsabdullah wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:19 am Mine was due yesterday and changed to Nov 15 as well. Ridiculous how they operate.

All the same as above for me. Glad you guys said something or it might have been a while until I noticed. They also added a $10 bonus to my account that kicks in the next time I get cash back. One of the reasons I signed up for Ebates to begin with is bc of all the people that used to report how much easier it was to get your CB vs BeFrugal, TopCashBack and the others. I'm not sure that is still true.

Edit: Got my BFC a few hours after sending them an email.
Last edited by yinzburgher on Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halaku
MoT Member

Post by Halaku »

mplsabdullah wrote:
Halaku wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:44 am

What method of payment did you choose? I chose PayPal to get my checks since its usually the quickest route. Did your account also change from expected delivery of Aug to Nov?
Yep i chose PayPal as method of payment .. and its showing November as next payment date which changed from August this morning ,but i assume thats an automated change as the payment date has passed.

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

I received my big fat check a couple days ago. This time credit was quickly posted and remained posted, first time, for a change. This time i made less purchases which may have helped the odds.

It's the luck of the draw in terms of a smooth transaction.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk