We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

PopePants2 wrote:
ILiveOnWacker wrote:
whoagorgeous wrote:For those who have made purchases over $800, we're you hit with duties/import fees? (into the US)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I’ve made 4 purchases above $800 and haven’t been hit with duties yet (in the US). All have shipped via Japan Post EMS / USPS. Crossing fingers it continues if I purchase something else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any of those from Richtime?

Only time I ever got hit with customs/import fees, was when I bought from them..... Two separate shipments with @$300 or so on each....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
My most recent purchase was from Richtime. So far I haven’t been charged duties. Not sure how long it may take to get a bill if it’s not there when delivered.

PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

ILiveOnWacker wrote:
PopePants2 wrote:
ILiveOnWacker wrote:
I’ve made 4 purchases above $800 and haven’t been hit with duties yet (in the US). All have shipped via Japan Post EMS / USPS. Crossing fingers it continues if I purchase something else!

Any of those from Richtime?

Only time I ever got hit with customs/import fees, was when I bought from them..... Two separate shipments with @$300 or so on each....

My most recent purchase was from Richtime. So far I haven’t been charged duties. Not sure how long it may take to get a bill if it’s not there when delivered.

Based on my experience, the Post Office / Mailman cannot release the package until it's been paid. So, I assume you're good.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Rakuten is showing 16% cash back for Rakuten Global Market purchases. See terms below and at the link. I have no idea whether this will increase. But on occasion in the past, CB has increased from 16% to as high as 26%.

Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on order amounts purchased with points, the purchase or redemption of gift cards, orders placed on the Rakuten Global Marketing mobile app, orders placed through Rakuten Ichiba, orders shipped to Japan or when freight forwarding or proxy services are used (except for Rakuten Global Express).
Posting Time: Cash Back will be automatically added to your Rakuten account within a few weeks.

https://www.rakuten.com/globalrakuten.com

2019-10-27.png
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

yinzburgher wrote:Rakuten is showing 16% cash back for Rakuten Global Market purchases. See terms below and at the link. I have no idea whether this will increase. But on occasion in the past, CB has increased from 16% to as high as 26%.

Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on order amounts purchased with points, the purchase or redemption of gift cards, orders placed on the Rakuten Global Marketing mobile app, orders placed through Rakuten Ichiba, orders shipped to Japan or when freight forwarding or proxy services are used (except for Rakuten Global Express).
Posting Time: Cash Back will be automatically added to your Rakuten account within a few weeks.

2019-10-27.png
It usually jumps up at the end of the month. This timing makes me think that we may be looking at a 22% - 26% later this week. Time will tell!

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

ILiveOnWacker wrote:
yinzburgher wrote:Rakuten is showing 16% cash back for Rakuten Global Market purchases. See terms below and at the link. I have no idea whether this will increase. But on occasion in the past, CB has increased from 16% to as high as 26%.

2019-10-27.png
It usually jumps up at the end of the month. This timing makes me think that we may be looking at a 22% - 26% later this week. Time will tell!

But last time dub rub bought his Speedmaster it was 16% and he thought it would jump to 20% and instead it just stopped at 16%. I wish it was more predictable lol
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
ILiveOnWacker wrote:

2019-10-27.png

But last time dub rub bought his Speedmaster it was 16% and he thought it would jump to 20% and instead it just stopped at 16%. I wish it was more predictable lol
I think that was on like the 30th though. We shall see!

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Okay I went back to the 2018 thread on WUS and around this time it was at 15% for a couple days and then went to 20% on October 30 2018, then to 4% on November 1st. But in the past it has gone from 15% for a few days, then to 4%, then to 20% for a couple days. Not a straight jump. Now, Rakuten has changed a ton over the year, so take that with a grain of salt. I am debating what I will do because I found some nice pieces.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

At the end of February this year it made the jump directly from 4% to 26%, but that is not typical. Usually it will make a slight increase like the current 16% before a big jump. It's not 100% predictable, but still relatively so. The key is to know exactly what you want and maybe have a few options: first choice, second choice, etc. and then pull the trigger as soon as the CB jumps. I bookmark the pieces that I want and then keep an eye on them. I had a really nice Speedmaster that I wanted that got purchased just three days before a big jump in CB. The sale fell through though, the watch got re-listed, and I picked it up within 15 minutes of the CB jumping to 26%.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Kirk B wrote:At the end of February this year it made the jump directly from 4% to 26%, but that is not typical. Usually it will make a slight increase like the current 16% before a big jump. It's not 100% predictable, but still relatively so. The key is to know exactly what you want and maybe have a few options: first choice, second choice, etc. and then pull the trigger as soon as the CB jumps. I bookmark the pieces that I want and then keep an eye on them. I had a really nice Speedmaster that I wanted that got purchased just three days before a big jump in CB. The sale fell through though, the watch got re-listed, and I picked it up within 15 minutes of the CB jumping to 26%.
Good idea bookmarking. I've got 40 chrome tabs of watches I found over the past two weeks saved on my phone.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Well I couldn't resist and ordered my first Grand Seiko with the 16%. I'm sure it will be 20 or 24% in the next day, but the deal I've been watching since it was listed a week ago was too good to pass on. Wasn't going to let an extra 4% or so make me miss out on it.

Also didn't want someone else to buy it first. I had already messaged the seller a week ago about it. Originally planned on getting a Speedmaster reduced but there aren't many great listings on Rakuten right now
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:02 pm Well I couldn't resist and ordered my first Grand Seiko with the 16%. I'm sure it will be 20 or 24% in the next day, but the deal I've been watching since it was listed a week ago was too good to pass on. Wasn't going to let an extra 4% or so make me miss out on it.

Also didn't want someone else to buy it first. I had already messaged the seller a week ago about it. Originally planned on getting a Speedmaster reduced but there aren't many great listings on Rakuten right now
8-) That's awesome.......I'm a bit jealous here.....mind if I ask what reference?
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

yinzburgher wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:02 pm Well I couldn't resist and ordered my first Grand Seiko with the 16%. I'm sure it will be 20 or 24% in the next day, but the deal I've been watching since it was listed a week ago was too good to pass on. Wasn't going to let an extra 4% or so make me miss out on it.

8-) That's awesome.......I'm a bit jealous here.....mind if I ask what reference?
I'll post pics when the order actually goes through. But nothing too crazy. It's a 9F62 quartz but an uncommon AD specific model limited to Japan in 2012. Would like a spring drive eventually, just a bit more than I want to spend right now.
rinsk21
MoT Member

Post by rinsk21 »

Despite my trials and tribulations with my recent RGM experience, I'll still probably buy something if this goes to 20%. DEFINITELY if it goes to 26%. However, I've noticed that a bunch of stuff in my shopping cart (in which I have 39 watches, lol) has jumped in price. It's odd because it shows the price in-cart that it was originally listed for but when I click on it, the new price shows up. For example there was a Daytona that was $12.4k is now $14.7k. Not insignificant. I'm wondering if that is timed with the jump in cash back.

PS- from purely a 'bang for the buck' perspective, this RL is hard to beat (note that you might have change your shipping country to Japan and use RGX): LINK
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:44 am Rakuten is showing 16% cash back for Rakuten Global Market purchases. See terms below and at the link. I have no idea whether this will increase. But on occasion in the past, CB has increased from 16% to as high as 26%.

2019-10-27.png
From 16% to 18% this time.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Rakuten global is definitely a first come first serve basis. Over a three week period I have been tracking 42 watches, most of which are very unknown listings where the only way you'd find them is by going page by page in the watches category. What's interesting is that 23 of them have already sold out in the past 3 days. So if you are watching a listing that's a good price I wouldn't hesitate to buy even if it's only 18% Cashback. I find it incredible how many people buy watches from there outside of this forum.