We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by mplsabdullah »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:37 pm
mplsabdullah wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:21 pm
uvalaw2005 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm

This. My current cashback activity shows ~20 orders from other vendors, ranging from Brooks Brothers to Belk to FTD Flowers. Cashback shows up same day and never mysteriously disappears.
Now they replied to my email about using their Global Express service and they replied saying cashback is not eligible on purchases shipped to Japan even if Rakuten Global Express is used. This is really getting out of hand now.

Is there a number that can be called? Any better way to get these things resolved?
That is ridiculous. Especially considering their Terms and Conditions still state otherwise.
2019-06-17 (2).png

I just got incredibly lucky with my cash back dance. To make a long story short, I finally just got a RGM (shipped by RGX) package that I ordered back on 5/14. I didn't want to request the cash back until I actually got the package in my hands. So as soon as I got back from the post office I requested the cash back and the Rakuten site gave it to me immediately. I've had that happen for other purchases but never once for RGM purchases. 🤞 Hoping it stays in my account.....screenshots of everything. 2019-06-17.png
After I pointed out what their own terms state they are now replying the ever so tired "have to wait for the seller to verify the order" "may take up to 45 days" response. I replied asking them why they can't verify an order done through THEIR site and sent by THEIR shipping service.

This really is insane.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

It's like they're required to respond with a certain number of transparent contrarian denials before you get your money, so they can weed out the less persistent. I'd ask to elevate it to a supervisor, that has worked the last couple times I tried.
uaconcorde
MoT Member

Post by uaconcorde »

wrong post
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Rakuten has a coupon for Rakuten Global Market. It is roughly equal to $51 off a purchase of $466. Cash back is currently at the standard 4%. See the link below for terms and conditions.

https://www.rakuten.com/globalrakuten.com
Code: 4XAK-R9PE-CDOO-QDDS
5,500 JPY June Ebates Exclusive Coupon (for orders + 50,000 JPY) June24-June30
phoenix844884

Post by phoenix844884 »

So, I take it there was no cashback campaign for RGM in June?
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

phoenix844884 wrote:So, I take it there was no cashback campaign for RGM in June?
I’ve been checking everyday for the last week. Haven’t seen anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MOZ46
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MOZ46 »

ILiveOnWacker wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 pm
phoenix844884 wrote:So, I take it there was no cashback campaign for RGM in June?
I’ve been checking everyday for the last week. Haven’t seen anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. nothing yet
sapsja

Post by sapsja »

Looks like a broad retailer based 15% cashback starting Monday. It doesn't specifically say it'll include Rakuten Global but I Think the chances will be high, especially since it hasn't had one for a while
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

sapsja wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:54 pm Looks like a broad retailer based 15% cashback starting Monday. It doesn't specifically say it'll include Rakuten Global but I Think the chances will be high, especially since it hasn't had one for a while
OK thanks. Where did you see that? What doesn't say specifically....? My points expire 7/13. :(
sapsja

Post by sapsja »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:38 pm
sapsja wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:54 pm Looks like a broad retailer based 15% cashback starting Monday. It doesn't specifically say it'll include Rakuten Global but I Think the chances will be high, especially since it hasn't had one for a while
OK thanks. Where did you see that? What doesn't say specifically....? My points expire 7/13. :(
It's on the main ebates page and I received an email about 5 minutes ago. My points expire on 13th too so going to cash them in rather than wait for the cashback. Just means two purchases!
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

As reported by [mention]feltharg[/mention] in the deals thread, RGM has 4 coupons available at the link below. Given the current conversion rate, in USD they are roughly $23 off of $185, $42 off of $277, $78 off of $461, $185 off of $923. See screenshot for other details. Also, check your points at the second link. You may have some time-limited points expiring soon. RGX currently has a 30% coupon at the third link.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/event/cou ... -en-coupon

https://point.rakuten.co.jp/en/

https://globalexpress.rakuten.co.jp/campaign/coupon/

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Rakuten has 12% cash back at RGM for 3 days as part of a larger 3x CB promotion.

phoenix844884

Post by phoenix844884 »

Gone are the days of 20-26% cashback at RGM :'(
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

As reported by [mention]MrMajestyk[/mention] in the deals thread at 7:47 am on 7/31/19, cash back from Rakuten for RGM purchases has gone straight from 4% to 24%. Quick tips.......Follow all terms and conditions to a T, buy from trusted sellers, and screenshot everything!

Cash Back Terms
Cash Back will be automatically added to your Rakuten account within a few weeks.
Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on order amounts purchased with points, the purchase or redemption of gift cards, orders placed on the Rakuten Global Marketing mobile app, orders placed through Rakuten Ichiba, orders shipped to Japan or when freight forwarding or proxy services are used (except for Rakuten Global Express).
Screenshot (11).png
claus1100xx
MoT Member

Post by claus1100xx »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:38 am As reported by @MrMajestyk in the deals thread at 7:47 am on 7/31/19, cash back from Rakuten for RGM purchases has gone straight from 4% to 24%. Quick tips.......Follow all terms and conditions to a T, buy from trusted sellers, and screenshot everything!

Cash Back Terms
Cash Back will be automatically added to your Rakuten account within a few weeks.
Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on order amounts purchased with points, the purchase or redemption of gift cards, orders placed on the Rakuten Global Marketing mobile app, orders placed through Rakuten Ichiba, orders shipped to Japan or when freight forwarding or proxy services are used (except for Rakuten Global Express).
Screenshot (11).png
Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on order amounts purchased with points -> Does that mean if I apply super points to my purchase I'm ineligible for the rebate?