We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
PopePants2
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by PopePants2 »

Kirk B wrote:
PopePants2 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:06 am Nothing yet by me ;(
I would be patient. The cash back is coming in now, but it is still taking time. I got one of my pending cash back claims resolved today and I received two e-mails from Rakuten about it. They paid every last penny on that one claim. However, I do still have another claim (and it's a much bigger one) from the same day still pending. I did send Rakuten a little e-mail reminder about that. I am hopeful now though that with one paid that the other will be paid too.

Item of note - the one claim I had paid was shipped by Japan EMS Post. If I ever use RGM again though I will only use their forwarding service.
Yeah, don't have much of a choice ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

PopePants2 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:41 pm
Kirk B wrote:
PopePants2 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:06 am Nothing yet by me ;(
I would be patient. The cash back is coming in now, but it is still taking time. I got one of my pending cash back claims resolved today and I received two e-mails from Rakuten about it. They paid every last penny on that one claim. However, I do still have another claim (and it's a much bigger one) from the same day still pending. I did send Rakuten a little e-mail reminder about that. I am hopeful now though that with one paid that the other will be paid too.

Item of note - the one claim I had paid was shipped by Japan EMS Post. If I ever use RGM again though I will only use their forwarding service.
Whelp... hoping it works out for you. I'm still having trouble... :evil: Rakuten just e-mailed me that my high cost (and high CB) order was cancelled according to their records. I just responded back and sent them my confirmation e-mails for purchase and shipping and offered to send them more (PayPal confirmation, delivery confirmation, etc.). We'll see what they say. This happened to me before though and within 24 hours of sending them confirmation they put my cash back in my account.

At this point there are two watches on my wish list and you'll never guess who has the best prices (by a long shot) on them - RGM!!! I am really trying to convince myself to be happy with my current collection and not go down this Rakuten rabbit hole again!

EDIT - They are going to have to elevate my claim and get back to me next week... more waiting!
Fuzzysquid
MoT Member

Post by Fuzzysquid »

Received my 26% cash back this morning, no customer service email, just the automated notice that cash was credited to my account.

I’m not likely to buy through Ebates/RGM again. The mental bandwidth this took up isn’t worth it.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Fuzzysquid wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:26 pm Received my 26% cash back this morning, no customer service email, just the automated notice that cash was credited to my account.

I’m not likely to buy through Ebates/RGM again. The mental bandwidth this took up isn’t worth it.
I'm finding it hard to argue with this logic. What a customer-service-cluster-fvck by these guys.
PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

Kirk B wrote:
PopePants2 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:41 pm
Kirk B wrote:

Whelp... hoping it works out for you. I'm still having trouble... :evil: Rakuten just e-mailed me that my high cost (and high CB) order was cancelled according to their records. I just responded back and sent them my confirmation e-mails for purchase and shipping and offered to send them more (PayPal confirmation, delivery confirmation, etc.). We'll see what they say. This happened to me before though and within 24 hours of sending them confirmation they put my cash back in my account.

At this point there are two watches on my wish list and you'll never guess who has the best prices (by a long shot) on them - RGM!!! I am really trying to convince myself to be happy with my current collection and not go down this Rakuten rabbit hole again!

EDIT - They are going to have to elevate my claim and get back to me next week... more waiting!
I just got the same BS response.....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

Cashback has dropped from 16% to 4% as of tonight. I didn’t see the 26% pop up this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bopat23
MoT Member

Post by bopat23 »

I just wanted to report on a positive experience from RGM and Ebates.

I bought a watch from RGM on March 29th (during the 16% cashback), not knowing whether this would be applied or not. I was willing to pay for a watch at the sale price even if the 16% didn't come through, but I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from Ebates on April 1st (yikes!) informing me about my cash back amount.

In case anyone is curious, the watch I bought was an older (vintage seems like the wrong word to use) 90s JPN only Omega Speedmaster 3511.50.
PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

Gooooooood Morning, finally some good news on my end. This morning I received cash back for three separate orders placed at the end of February. This comes after receiving all kinds of excuses from them about why I was not eligible for the cash back. First it was we need some time for us to check with the sellers to make sure that they sale was completed. Then it was the shipping service is considered a forwarding service, it was not. Then it was the order you placed was cancel or returned. This as well was total nonsense.

Finally after weeks of following up, and basically holding their feet to the fire every couple of days, requesting updates, and things of the sort, finally this morning the cash back is in my account.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I will not be relying on receiving cash back from them again, unless it's a sale that's absolutely too good to pass up. That being said, I hope that this is the end of this saga...

Hopefully anybody else who still hasn't had their cash back issues resolved, will also reach a positive resolution in the near future as well.

Have a great day.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

claus1100xx
MoT Member

Post by claus1100xx »

Looks like all the cashback came through. Anybody out there still waiting for theirs to post?
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

claus1100xx wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:11 am Looks like all the cashback came through. Anybody out there still waiting for theirs to post?
Yup... I was told last week to wait another week. I just sent them a follow up e-mail. So I am still waiting on about $700 in cash back from 2/25 that has not come through yet.
Fuzzysquid
MoT Member

Post by Fuzzysquid »

I think there are a lot of people who didn’t follow up and never got their cash back. Or emailed once and were told they didn’t qualify for cash back and just gave up.

I guess that worked out... for Rakuten.

I mean I got half a dozen assurances that my order did NOT meet their terms for cash back, and only after a month of persistence did I finally get it.
PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

Fuzzysquid wrote:I think there are a lot of people who didn’t follow up and never got their cash back. Or emailed once and were told they didn’t qualify for cash back and just gave up.

I mean I got half a dozen assurances that my order did NOT meet their terms for cash back, and only after a month of persistence did I finally get it.
I would imagine you're 100% correct. Seems downright dishonest all around.

Even after sending multiple emails, I still kept getting excuse after excuse after excuse. It's as if only after they ran through their entire list of excuses that they finally said "okay, fine take the money"...

Although the cash back is showing up at my account now, I'm still keeping you sharp eye out for any games until I actually have the money in my account. In addition, I don't know if RGM cash back is something worthwhile to pursue in the future. At least I know I will definitely be much more leery about it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Fuzzysquid wrote:I think there are a lot of people who didn’t follow up and never got their cash back. Or emailed once and were told they didn’t qualify for cash back and just gave up.

For me they never once said I didn't qualify, they just said they're still waiting. Maybe it's because I had so much proof and kept calling them out on changing their policies that they didn't bother arguing with me... [emoji848]

I'm just glad I have the rebate, probably never using Rakuten again
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
wahlaoeh
MoT Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by wahlaoeh »

Watch the amount closely. It usually disappears just before it's due to be cashed out

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Just pulled the trigger on another RGM deal despite my better judgement. This time it was coupon-based versus rebate so no real worries. Cashed out my 5,000 points + 3,000 coupon to score a lightly used Seiko Monster SZEN006 for $179. Waiting for the EMS bill not, suspect it'll be $30-ish. Ebates owes me a 5% rebate as well, but I honestly don't care at this price.