We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by Kirk B »

USMChawk wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:17 am I tried to use the 26% cash back to buy my wife a camera. I just heard from the seller today that he’s canceling the order because my credit card denied the purchase. I called the credit card and they know nothing about the attempted purchase. Since they were going to use EMS this saves me the aggravation of filing a dispute. I’m out of the Ebates/Rakuten game.
I would consider that a blessing in disguise. I'd walk away and not look back! :lol:
USMChawk
MoT Member

Post by USMChawk »

Kirk B wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:31 am
USMChawk wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:17 am I tried to use the 26% cash back to buy my wife a camera. I just heard from the seller today that he’s canceling the order because my credit card denied the purchase. I called the credit card and they know nothing about the attempted purchase. Since they were going to use EMS this saves me the aggravation of filing a dispute. I’m out of the Ebates/Rakuten game.
I would consider that a blessing in disguise. I'd walk away and not look back! :lol:
Exactly how I’m feeling.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

After a few "wait we're working on it" emails they finally denied my %26 cashback yesterday. They stated the shipping policy as the reason. I replied to them that the policy had changed after I ordered and gave them a screenshot showing the policy that was in place when I ordered. They later said they would honor the cashback as a "courtesy".
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

I decided to push Rakuten/Ebates for action. This is part of the response that I got:

"We know you have a shopping trip to Rakuten Global Market, and it's evident you placed an order. Right now, we're working with them to see if they can connect those two things and will credit us with referring you to shop."

Whelp... again they were having problems with the cash back system "sticking" at that time. It looks like that is the part they are having trouble with - connecting the purchase to a specific shopping trip. I am so glad that I took screen shots. I actually have a screen shot from right after the purchase where a pop-up says that you are getting cash back! It will be hard for them to deny it with that information. I think I will continue to push and go ahead and send them that screen shot now!

Anyone else following up and getting a similar response?

EDIT - I sent them the screenshot - shows the pop-up after purchase confirming the 26% cash back. I am just going to keep pushing this. It seems like that's what you have to do with Ebates/Rakuten in this kind of situation.
Last edited by Kirk B on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Kirk B wrote:I decided to push Rakuten/Ebates for action. This is part of the response that I got:

"We know you have a shopping trip to Rakuten Global Market, and it's evident you placed an order. Right now, we're working with them to see if they can connect those two things and will credit us with referring you to shop."

Whelp... again they were having problems with the cash back system "sticking" at that time. It looks like that is the part they are having trouble with - connecting the purchase to a specific shopping trip. I am so glad that I took screen shots. I actually have a screen shot from right after the purchase where a pop-up says that you are getting cash back! It will be hard for them to deny it with that information. I think I will continue to push and go ahead and send them that screen shot now!

Anyone else following up and getting a similar response?
I only followed up once so far last week and they just said they are still checking things with the purchase and seller.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
claus1100xx
MoT Member

Post by claus1100xx »

Followed up yesterday and got the same response today that they are still waiting for resolution from Rakuten Global Market.... their words.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

Well... I think the responses that we are getting are more hopeful than a flat out denial or claim that we used a shipping forwarder. I am still optimistic that this will get resolved... in time. I am more positive based on what they are claiming here. If it's just a matter of tying the purchase to the shopping trip... well I've got documentation/proof of that!
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

I have also seen some of my cashback restored. Whether it remains there through May 15...
PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

Kirk B wrote:Well... I think the responses that we are getting are more hopeful than a flat out denial or claim that we used a shipping forwarder. I am still optimistic that this will get resolved... in time. I am more positive based on what they are claiming here. If it's just a matter of tying the purchase to the shopping trip... well I've got documentation/proof of that!
I'm still getting the forward shipper claim.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

OK, so a little update on my cash back.
3/6 - No cash back from my purchase so I file for it on the website. I get an email back saying they need to verify my order and it can take a while.
3/12 - I get an email saying cb is only eligible on orders that ship with Rakuten Global Express. I email back to tell them this stipulation was added later. While I'm at it, I run through all the other exclusions and detail why none of them apply in this case.
3/13 - This morning I get an email saying my case has been transferred to a supervisor. This afternoon, I'm just about to update this thread and the supervisor emails to tell me my order doesn't qualify bc it shipped with Yamato Transport (not true at all, it was Japan Post). "But here, we added a $100 Valued Member Bonus to your account" (if they did, I can't see it). So I just emailed back pointing out that JP Post shipped my order and reiterating my intent to get this cash back issue resolved.

No idea where they pulled this Yamato Transport thing from. I'm ready to send in a deluge of emails, screenshots, and link to their own websites proving my case but they haven't actually asked for any of it yet. I get fairly well pissed off when these sorts of this happen but thus far I'm just channelling polite persistence into my emails. I'll update if anything significant occurs.
milkham
MoT Member

Post by milkham »

Man this all sounds like such a nightmare, I'm glad my first RGM purchase went through smoothly but I guess it'll be my last.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 pm OK, so a little update on my cash back.
3/6 - No cash back from my purchase so I file for it on the website. I get an email back saying they need to verify my order and it can take a while.
3/12 - I get an email saying cb is only eligible on orders that ship with Rakuten Global Express. I email back to tell them this stipulation was added later. While I'm at it, I run through all the other exclusions and detail why none of them apply in this case.
3/13 - This morning I get an email saying my case has been transferred to a supervisor. This afternoon, I'm just about to update this thread and the supervisor emails to tell me my order doesn't qualify bc it shipped with Yamato Transport (not true at all, it was Japan Post). "But here, we added a $100 Valued Member Bonus to your account" (if they did, I can't see it). So I just emailed back pointing out that JP Post shipped my order and reiterating my intent to get this cash back issue resolved.

No idea where they pulled this Yamato Transport thing from. I'm ready to send in a deluge of emails, screenshots, and link to their own websites proving my case but they haven't actually asked for any of it yet. I get fairly well pissed off when these sorts of this happen but thus far I'm just channelling polite persistence into my emails. I'll update if anything significant occurs.
Yamato Transport is a logistics co. that provides warehousing, distribution and fulfillment for E-Commerce. I'm pretty sure some of these RG sellers are dropshippers, at least for part of their inventory. It's possible Yamato may be involved in some way in your order as they are now grasping at straws. Just playing devils advocate in this complicated mess. Not excusable since it was shipped to you by JP.

Too bad, cause I just saw a Rakuten ad on T.V. last night. They really do try to wear you down. Hang tough.

I wonder, is the shipped from address the same as the store address?
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

PetWatch wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:59 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 pm OK, so a little update on my cash back.

Yamato Transport is a logistics co. that provides warehousing, distribution and fulfillment for E-Commerce. I'm pretty sure some of these RG sellers are dropshippers, at least for part of their inventory. It's possible Yamato may be involved in some way in your order as they are now grasping at straws. Just playing devils advocate in this complicated mess. Not excusable since it was shipped to you by JP.

Too bad, cause I just saw a Rakuten ad on T.V. last night. They really do try to wear you down. Hang tough.

I wonder, is the shipped from address the same as the store address?
Possible that Yamato is somehow involved but I can't find any mention of them on the paperwork, the shop website, the JP tracking website, or any of the mulitple emails. Looks like it was originally shipped from a post office very close to the store address.
rich_in_the_lou
MoT Member

Post by rich_in_the_lou »

I have NEVER used either Rakuten or Ebates and I am certainly glad of it!
kd223
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by kd223 »

When placing your order you would want to specify to the seller you would like Rakuten Global Express as the shipping method.
Freight forwarding as long at it is with Rakuten Global Express would be eligible to earn Cash Back.

If there is anything else I can help with please feel free to let me know.
Jessica P.
Member Services
Ebates.com

Received from Ebates today. Was looking to buy in the next few days but nervous to take the plunge now. Should we just ask sellers before even buying if they can ship with Rakuten Global Express? Anyone know if they charge more for that service since its freight forwarding? I figure if I have it in writing and ship using that method they can't deny my cashback... maybe?