Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by Kirk B »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:45 pm Apparently the status of my cash back is still pending from the Rakuten Global marketplace. At least that's the latest info I just received from my original email I sent nearly 3 weeks ago
I have been exchanging some e-mails with Rakuten. I figure it can't hurt to keep pushing them, in a polite way. I hadn't followed up in a week so I hit them back today and got a similar response:

I just checked, and our inquiry for order number XXX is still pending at Rakuten. I follow up with them on a regular basis, and will reply again when we know more.

I'll keep waiting, but I will also keep following up. Greasy wheel gets the oil and all that...
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Kirk B wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:45 pm Apparently the status of my cash back is still pending from the Rakuten Global marketplace. At least that's the latest info I just received from my original email I sent nearly 3 weeks ago
I have been exchanging some e-mails with Rakuten. I figure it can't hurt to keep pushing them, in a polite way. I hadn't followed up in a week so I hit them back today and got a similar response:

I just checked, and our inquiry for order number XXX is still pending at Rakuten. I follow up with them on a regular basis, and will reply again when we know more.

I'll keep waiting, but I will also keep following up. Greasy wheel gets the oil and all that...
I got that exact same response word for word.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Got one of my eBates today for my RGM purchase ($121). Second purchase was made from the same seller, same shipping, etc. I sent another request for resolution today. My sense is that the squeaky wheels may be the only way to get a positive outcome.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Latest reply:

"We are owned by the same company, and soon Ebates will be officially called Rakuten, and the current Rakuten will be called Rakuten Marketplace.  However, we are separate companies, and don't have access to their database.  "
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

CVP33 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:04 pm Got one of my eBates today for my RGM purchase ($121). Second purchase was made from the same seller, same shipping, etc. I sent another request for resolution today. My sense is that the squeaky wheels may be the only way to get a positive outcome.
Well... that's positive at least. I am really hoping that this all pans out in the end. I'm going to keep being that squeaky wheel. :lol:
claus1100xx
MoT Member

Post by claus1100xx »

Followed up and got the response that they are still working on the cash back. On another note my Rakuten points showed up. I didn’t not get any Rakuten points for my purchase until now. Did you guys get your Rakuten points for your order immediately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

claus1100xx wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:35 pm On another note my Rakuten points showed up. I didn’t not get any Rakuten points for my purchase until now. Did you guys get your Rakuten points for your order immediately?
My Rakuten Super Points have also posted. I don't think I've ever gotten them immediately. It's normally a few weeks until they show up.

https://ichiba-en.faq.rakuten.net/detail/000007314

https://point.rakuten.co.jp/en/history
deepfriedicecubes
MoT Member

Post by deepfriedicecubes »

Hi all, just to let you guys know. I've just gotten my cashback from the 26% cashback in end feb. Sure took long, but yeah. I just dropped them an email all the way back in early march, so I'm sure it's not because of my persistence or anything.
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

deepfriedicecubes wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:17 am Hi all, just to let you guys know. I've just gotten my cashback from the 26% cashback in end feb.
Same.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Same here on my second purchase. I bought 2 LE Seiko Monsters for $340-ish net if I got the rebates. First one cleared on the 19th, second one today. Strange as I purchased each back 2 back within minutes of each other.
claus1100xx
MoT Member

Post by claus1100xx »

Mine just posted as well. Hoping it will get paid out and we won’t have any vanishing cash back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 pm OK, so a little update on my cash back.
3/6 - No cash back from my purchase so I file for it on the website. I get an email back saying they need to verify my order and it can take a while.
3/12 - I get an email saying cb is only eligible on orders that ship with Rakuten Global Express. I email back to tell them this stipulation was added later. While I'm at it, I run through all the other exclusions and detail why none of them apply in this case.
3/13 - This morning I get an email saying my case has been transferred to a supervisor. This afternoon, I'm just about to update this thread and the supervisor emails to tell me my order doesn't qualify bc it shipped with Yamato Transport (not true at all, it was Japan Post). "But here, we added a $100 Valued Member Bonus to your account" (if they did, I can't see it). So I just emailed back pointing out that JP Post shipped my order and reiterating my intent to get this cash back issue resolved.

No idea where they pulled this Yamato Transport thing from. I'm ready to send in a deluge of emails, screenshots, and link to their own websites proving my case but they haven't actually asked for any of it yet. I get fairly well pissed off when these sorts of this happen but thus far I'm just channelling polite persistence into my emails. I'll update if anything significant occurs.
My cash back finally posted as well. No email about it but every cent is in there plus the $100 Valued Customer Bonus I received as a consolation prize. They may catch that mistake and take it away but I'm taking a screenshot to make sure nothing else goes missing. I'm probably taking a break from RGM for a little bit but I imagine I'll eventually sign up for RG Express and give it a whirl. If others take a crack at RGEx before I do, I'd love to hear how it goes.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Yup just got my $200 cashback too. Hopefully it all works out
PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

Nothing yet by me ;(

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

PopePants2 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:06 am Nothing yet by me ;(
I would be patient. The cash back is coming in now, but it is still taking time. I got one of my pending cash back claims resolved today and I received two e-mails from Rakuten about it. They paid every last penny on that one claim. However, I do still have another claim (and it's a much bigger one) from the same day still pending. I did send Rakuten a little e-mail reminder about that. I am hopeful now though that with one paid that the other will be paid too.

Item of note - the one claim I had paid was shipped by Japan EMS Post. If I ever use RGM again though I will only use their forwarding service.