As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Massgenie

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Re: Massgenie

Post by peskydonut »

rich_in_the_lou wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:38 pm NO WAY I order from Massgenie absent a report from an established MoT user!
Will report back as soon as I have some news.
Living a comeback montage.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

I had a good transaction with them on a Google Home Hub a few months ago for what it's worth.
Last edited by AndyS on Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I inquired why AT claimed that they didn't have enough stock to fulfill my order, but continued to list the watch for sale on MassGenie. I got the following response from AT, which seems reasonable, but FWIW the watch is still listed for sale on MassGenie.
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in our products! We have
checked our inventory at this time we do not have this requested item in stock
and available for shipment. We apologize for any inconvenience or
disappointment this may cause. We will notify Mass Genie of this right away so
they remove this from the site!

We do not know exactly when an item will become available to us again. We place
large orders through the manufacturer and they send us what they have in stock.
We receive shipments on a weekly basis and we do not know what has arrived
until we have had a chance to look through the shipment. We suggest checking
back with us every so often to see if the product has become available.

If there is another product we could assist you with, or if you have any
additional questions or concerns, please let us know. We are happy to assist
you in any way possible!

Thank you and have a good day.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

I bit on the Navihawk. I'm really not sure I'll keep it, as I've got a problem with the text badge on the side of the case as well as I'm not sure it isn't a step too far in the cluttered category for me (past my Nighthawk). Not at all a fan of that rubber deployment strap with the branding, either, but those have sold for nearly $70 alone on ebay. Maybe I could dump it. Making them more desirable is that they require cutting to size, so if you need to changes sizes, people might want to replace these.

If I don't like the whole thing, hopefully I can get out of it a bit ahead.

Started to buy a solar Seiko field watch with green dial for $20, but it sold out while I was trying to decide. Oh well.

I'm not really very worried as I've bought from them before, and have no trouble reversing transactions with credit card companies. They already had my card on file, so I'm not adding to my risk on the card. Just risking potential time to correct things.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Ok, so looks like all the crazy deals have either been removed from MassGenie or updated to the expected prices.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I also just spoke with AreaTrend and confirmed that both of my orders were shipped. The first one was fulfilled in full. The second one was only partially fulfilled (1 of 2 watches). AreaTrend said they'll be refunding me for the watch they were not able to send me.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

peskydonut wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:14 pm Ok, so looks like all the crazy deals have either been removed from MassGenie or updated to the expected prices.
Mine doesn't show as shipped, but it's not been cancelled, either. It's in "Awaiting Shipping" status.

But the Navihawk is no longer on the site like it was a couple of hours ago like you say.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

AndyS wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:35 pm
peskydonut wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:14 pm Ok, so looks like all the crazy deals have either been removed from MassGenie or updated to the expected prices.
Mine doesn't show as shipped, but it's not been cancelled, either. It's in "Awaiting Shipping" status.

But the Navihawk is no longer on the site like it was a couple of hours ago like you say.
Mine was "Awaiting Shipping" prior to being shipped. Can't remember if that was last night or this morning, but I definitely saw that status.
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

peskydonut wrote:

Mine was "Awaiting Shipping" prior to being shipped. Can't remember if that was last night or this morning, but I definitely saw that status.
My Mido is still showing “Awaiting for Shipment,” but now that the prices have been updated, I’m sure it’s “Awaiting for Cancellation.” Oh well. You never get the truly awesome Pulsometer/Kontiki-esque deals unless you take the shot.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

cheddar wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:05 pm
peskydonut wrote:

My Mido is still showing “Awaiting for Shipment,” but now that the prices have been updated, I’m sure it’s “Awaiting for Cancellation.” Oh well. You never get the truly awesome Pulsometer/Kontiki-esque deals unless you take the shot.
I'm rooting for you -- that would will be a legendary deal.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

My two now show awaiting shipment, prices back up to normal.

But even if shipped I won't celebrate until it's in hand after seeing those mentions about surprise packages. What the heck, it will probably be easier to flip some gloves.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

Awaiting shipment on my Seiko. No movement since the initial transaction.
dumpweed
MoT Member

Post by dumpweed »

My order showed awaiting shipment and credit card transaction has posted.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

dumpweed wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:37 am My order showed awaiting shipment and credit card transaction has posted.
Mine's still in pending status with the credit card. We'll see tomorrow. Still in awaiting shipment.
Miblake206
MoT Member

Post by Miblake206 »

I'm in "awaiting shipment" limbo too. I ended up ordering - in addition to the $40 Seiko that shipped - a $67 Luminox (now $434) and a $20 Swatch (now $136). I hope they'll honor the deal, but I don't honestly know how likely that is.