We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Massgenie

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: Massgenie

Post by BostonCharlie »

Just for fun, I'm going to add a true confession related to this episode. The underpriced AT offerings at MG were terrific deals, but I was weighing them as I would any purchase: would I really wear this? I also wanted it to be something I wouldn't consider except at that low price.

I chose a Gucci G-Timeless YA126313, an automatic with small seconds. I get a kick out of mechanical fashion watches -- I find it ironic and something of a fillip to the cork sniffers. But I wouldn't pay more than the $150 we've recently seen for the Calvin Klein Infinite automatic. So this was the perfect opportunity.

Brand aside, I think it looks attractive and original. I could see myself wearing it (if its 40mm wasn't too big on me). I prefer small seconds. And mechanical small seconds strikes me as extravagant -- the smooth sweep of the mechanical movement deserves to be prominent, yet instead it is diminished.

Anyhow, it wasn't in the cards.

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Got my Navihawk. Box was kind of smushed inside an outer box, and then the watch itself was in the Citizen box but not put around the cushion. Just kind of forced in there, which has the rubber band a bit out of shape. Probably will flatten out in the sun. All plastic and tags were on the watch. Otherwise the watch looks and runs well on first inspection. Let it sync to the atomic clock and all looks well.

Will make up my mind about what I do with hit. It's big and busy. But I knew that. For this price, I'm going to hold it here for a bit and look at it before I decide whether to wear it and try it, or attempt to sell it.

(Blurry Photo)
Navihawk stock.jpg
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

I finally received an email yesterday from MG saying the seller had cancelled my order and a refund should show up on my card. At this point I still have a watch I haven’t paid for. I’ve contacted MG customer service but they seem to be essentially non-functional.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Checked this morning and the refund for the 4th watch came through.
Living a comeback montage.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Elkins45 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:13 am I finally received an email yesterday from MG saying the seller had cancelled my order and a refund should show up on my card. At this point I still have a watch I haven’t paid for. I’ve contacted MG customer service but they seem to be essentially non-functional.
I emailed Massgenie that I had received a watch but had also gotten a refund. In their court now, but I've at least partially appeased my conscience.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

FWIW, I assume MG is not the interested party when it comes to being paid, AT is.
Living a comeback montage.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

peskydonut wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:01 am FWIW, I assume MG is not the interested party when it comes to being paid, AT is.
True, but MG is the agent that charged and refunded my card. I've had no direct financial card transaction with AT.

AT is the equivalent of an ebay seller here. EBay actually would own the transactional piece in regards to collecting money and paying AT if the transaction was on eBay. I assume it is similar here.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

Well, regardless I hope everyone who received something for next to nothing is appeased. It wasn't the scam it seemed to be. Yes, some cash is tied up but..... you knew that going in.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Finally got a response from my email to MG customer service asking if they can charge my card again. Will be interesting to see if actually pay for the watch without a mistake.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

AndyS wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:58 pm Finally got a response from my email to MG customer service asking if they can charge my card again. Will be interesting to see if actually pay for the watch without a mistake.
So far, they've not charged my card again even though I told them they could. I feel kind of guilty for having a free watch. Don't know if I eventually let Area Trend know to see if they can do anything or not.

So crazy.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

AndyS wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:33 pm
AndyS wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:58 pm Finally got a response from my email to MG customer service asking if they can charge my card again. Will be interesting to see if actually pay for the watch without a mistake.
So far, they've not charged my card again even though I told them they could. I feel kind of guilty for having a free watch. Don't know if I eventually let Area Trend know to see if they can do anything or not.

So crazy.

You made a valiant attempt to get them to re-charge you.
They haven't.
Just enjoy the free watch.
If you can't, there is always the Pay It Forward thread - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=627
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

For future reference, did anyone not get either a watch or a refund, excluding those who got both?

Anyone have to file a credit card claim to get a refund?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

As of now mine is still free.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Elkins45 wrote:As of now mine is still free.
Best deal ever? I don't recall anyone ever getting watches for free as a result of a deal post.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk