We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Massgenie

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
AndyS
MoT Member

Re: Massgenie

Post by AndyS »

Huh, they responded:
Sorry for the mix up, Andy! We are currently working with Massgenie on processing as many orders as possible that were put up with pricing errors on their site. We're planning on shipping your order today!
Good on them I guess. My problem was not as much with the cancellation if it was an error, it was the letting it go four days not reversing the charge and allowing it to actually hard post. Maybe they were really just trying to work through a solution? I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer.
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

AndyS wrote:Huh, they responded:
Sorry for the mix up, Andy! We are currently working with Massgenie on processing as many orders as possible that were put up with pricing errors on their site. We're planning on shipping your order today!
Good on them I guess. My problem was not as much with the cancellation if it was an error, it was the letting it go four days not reversing the charge and allowing it to actually hard post. Maybe they were really just trying to work through a solution? I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer.
Wait, they marked yours cancelled but now are indicating that they’re shipping it? Did you order a Seiko?
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Maybe I'll send AT an email since they seem to respond. No response from massgenie yet.

I'm not worried about the money either, it's a small sum and it's safe with the credit card. It's just that I've seen enough of these scams to know how they work, how they profit from it. Not saying this is the case here.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

cheddar wrote:
Wait, they marked yours cancelled but now are indicating that they’re shipping it? Did you order a Seiko?
Citizen Navihawk. And yes, it shows canceled.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Now I got a cancelation email with conciliatory coupon? So confused.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

AndyS wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:59 pm Now I got a cancelation email with conciliatory coupon? So confused.
Still nothing here.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
rich_in_the_lou
MoT Member

Post by rich_in_the_lou »

I have been avoiding dealing with Rakutan due to all the complaints from my friends here. I suspect that Massgenie should join Rakutan and Schnoop on that Fecal Roster
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

rich_in_the_lou wrote:I have been avoiding dealing with Rakutan due to all the complaints from my friends here. I suspect that Massgenie should join Rakutan and Schnoop on that Fecal Roster
I would say Rakuten is like pulling teeth, this may be more like spinning wheels going nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

This continues to be funny. I had emailed Massgenie when I saw the cancelation after the charge, they told me they were refunding like I posted above. I then got the FB response from AreaTrend saying they were shipping my watch today. I replied back to Massgenie telling them that, and got this response from Massgenie:
We just don't know how they are going to make that possible. Our system shows that we already processed your refund and it will be posted within 2-5 business days.

Thanks,
MassGenie Customer Service
I just now got a FedEx tracking number from Area Trend. Be interesting to see if I get a refund as well. Then I'll have to figure out how to pay them again to feel clean on the whole deal.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

AndyS wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:53 pm This continues to be funny. I had emailed Massgenie when I saw the cancelation after the charge, they told me they were refunding like I posted above. I then got the FB response from AreaTrend saying they were shipping my watch today. I replied back to Massgenie telling them that, and got this response from Massgenie:
We just don't know how they are going to make that possible. Our system shows that we already processed your refund and it will be posted within 2-5 business days.

Thanks,
MassGenie Customer Service
I just now got a FedEx tracking number from Area Trend. Be interesting to see if I get a refund as well. Then I'll have to figure out how to pay them again to feel clean on the whole deal.
Wow. What a cluster. I feel proper bad for AT. Even just having to deal with the customer service requests that came out of this.
Living a comeback montage.
konax
MoT Member

Post by konax »

dibs on the rubber gloves, whoever gets them first
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I'm very disappointed in the handling of this by both Massgenie and AreaTrend.

My inquiries to both retailers are going unanswered (I know AreaTrend has seen them), and as of this morning, I still haven't received tracking information, an explanation or email about the cancelation, nor a refund.

If this is how they handle customer relations, going forward I can not recommend either retailer. (Yes, I understand the prices were "too good to be true", but the handling after the fact is absurd.)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 am I'm very disappointed in the handling of this by both Massgenie and AreaTrend.

My inquiries to both retailers are going unanswered (I know AreaTrend has seen them), and as of this morning, I still haven't received tracking information, an explanation or email about the cancelation, nor a refund.

If this is how they handle customer relations, going forward I can not recommend either retailer. (Yes, I understand the prices were "too good to be true", but the handling after the fact is absurd.)
Area Trend seems to be behind a lot of Rakuten watches which show up on deals, too.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

The only reason I know my order is cancelled is because I logged on to my Massgenie account and checked. I have received no other information from anyone about my order. The only thing I have received from Massgenie after the order confirmation was a marketing spam email.

I’m not sure yet if they are scammers or just idiots.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

For those who are not planning to deal with Massgenie in the future (probably most of us), you may want to delete your payment information from their site.
Living a comeback montage.