We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Massgenie

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
dumpweed
MoT Member

Re: Massgenie

Post by dumpweed »

Refund received.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

dumpweed wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:28 am Refund received.
Me too. And I've got a watch coming, or at least a box of gloves.

:?

Waiting to see if I get anything before telling them to charge me again.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

One order is due to be delivered today. The other "canceled" order is nowhere to be found, an I have not received a refund. If I don't by the end of the day I'll be filing a dispute.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Update: Refund has been issued. No notification, I found it on my own.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 am Update: Refund has been issued. No notification, I found it on my own.
That's one of the worst failures here. The lack of communication if you don't reach out.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

ManOnTime wrote:One order is due to be delivered today. The other "canceled" order is nowhere to be found, an I have not received a refund. If I don't by the end of the day I'll be filing a dispute.
FWIW, I ordered 4 watches, but they only shipped 3. Massgenie orders page claims they shipped all 4. I'm going through AT directly to resolve this. The Massgenie site obviously does not reflect reality.

AT originally promised a refund for the 4th watch. Nothing yet.
Living a comeback montage.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I just received a private message via Facebook from someone representing AreaTrend. It is a weak response at best, and took three days of badgering by me to even get it.

Others may have had good experiences with AreaTrend and some of the third party retailers they sell through, but this whole scenario has left a really sour taste and going forward AT will be far down the list of retailers I'll spend money at.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

AndyS wrote:
ManOnTime wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:25 am Update: Refund has been issued. No notification, I found it on my own.
That's one of the worst failures here. The lack of communication if you don't reach out.
It's worst than that, email to massgenie and AT have not been answered.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

peskydonut wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:12 am So has anyone else gotten tracking numbers? I need to spread my survivor's guilt around.
Lol. You made the initial plunge, so you deserve the loot. When you pulled the trigger you had little idea what you were in for. Only after reading your initial, positive reports did I decide to try it, too (the support email directly from areatrend.com is what convinced me -- ordered Sat. eve.). In other words, I was riding on your coattails. Now I'm getting dead air from AT, but I'm glad that your initiative was rewarded. And I've enjoyed reading your (and others') blow-by-blow accounts.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:24 pm
peskydonut wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:12 am So has anyone else gotten tracking numbers? I need to spread my survivor's guilt around.
Lol. You made the initial plunge, so you deserve the loot. When you pulled the trigger you had little idea what you were in for. Only after reading your initial, positive reports did I decide to try it, too (the support email directly from areatrend.com is what convinced me -- ordered Sat. eve.). In other words, I was riding on your coattails. Now I'm getting dead air from AT, but I'm glad that your initiative was rewarded. And I've enjoyed reading your (and others') blow-by-blow accounts.
I went straight to social media (FB) with AreaTrend. I think that gave me a leg up on getting something because it is out there in public.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

So I emailed MG customer service yesterday and my card shows my $39.99 has been refunded...and then the watch shows up completely unannounced today.

6E92B024-39A5-4EAC-A065-59994EB46325.jpeg
What a mess.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Thanks for that! I'm sorry that I inadvertently misrepresented AT's customer service and led some of you astray. The responsiveness clearly took at nose dive. They proactively reached out to me a week ago telling me they'll issue a partial refund for the 4th watch that did not ship. They still have not done so. I sent AT an email this morning and have not heard back. I suppose at the end of the day, the price was so low that I'd be okay paying for 4 and getting 3.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Elkins45 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:57 pm So I emailed MG customer service yesterday and my card shows my $39.99 has been refunded...and then the watch shows up completely unannounced today.

6E92B024-39A5-4EAC-A065-59994EB46325.jpeg

What a mess.
Congrats!!! I can drop my attempts at getting a refund for my 4th watch and we can call it even :)
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

peskydonut wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:59 pm
Thanks for that! I'm sorry that I inadvertently misrepresented AT's customer service and led some of you astray. The responsiveness clearly took at nose dive. ...
For my part, I don't feel led astray. I took your report as confirmation that it was the *real* AreaTrend you were working with. Even now I don't find fault with their CS -- trying to score on a pricing error doesn't put me in a strong position to expect/demand much, imo. If I were in their shoes, I would be tempted to send us all gloves just as a gag (assuming somebody on their staff is reading MoT).
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:16 pm
Even now I don't find fault with their CS -- trying to score on a pricing error doesn't put me in a strong position to expect/demand much, imo.
I feel the same way. I lucked out (at AT's expense) that they honored my order at all. But if they didn't, I wouldn't hold it against them.

I do wonder what happened. My guess some sort of bulk import into Massgenie that went awry with product codes or prices getting crisscrossed.