We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Unboxing & Mini Review: Eterna KonTiki Adventure 44 (blue)

Watch and watch accessory reviews posted by members.
cheddar
MoT Member

Unboxing & Mini Review: Eterna KonTiki Adventure 44 (blue)

Post by cheddar »

Fresh from the Gooroo eBay clearout, the grey/blue KonTiki Adventure 1910.41.40.1429.

Arrived in an Ashford box, no surprise there to anyone who’s been following things. No packing slip. Nice enough eterna box that showed a little wear, probably from storage and transport. Manual confirms the movement is a Soprod. There’s also an Eterna-branded polishing cloth under the manual.

Styling is a bit more modern than I expected from photos. Nice mix of polished and brushed surfaces. The stainless seemed a little darker shade than I expected, but was probably at least partly due to not removing wrap and some of the lighting. The watch seems...flat (physically)...in person, which is probably good for wearability. The styling of the watch makes the vintage strap (which seems to be of good quality) seem just the slightest bit off to me.

Some nice details like the 5-ball logo on the crown.

And finally...yes, the blue is lumed. All of it, although the light blue is significantly brighter lume than the dark blue (can’t really tell from the photo below). One nice effect is it really makes that lighter blue pop in lower light. Would also note in certain light you may have slight readability issues due to lack of contrast between hands and face.

I measured the lug to lug at about 51, not huge for a 44 mm watch (about the same as my Hydroconquest 41).

Overall, a nicely finished watch and feels like a good value at the closeout price point ($700) if you like a bit more modern styling. Would be a bit of a departure for me, so will probably hold a couple of days and then return.
Last edited by cheddar on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zippotone

Re: Unboxing & Mini Review: Eterna KonTiki Adventure 44 (blue)

Post by zippotone »

Nice review. Thanks for sharing!!

One question regarding the warranty card: is it stamped? If so, do you know if the gooroo is an AD?

Enviado desde mi Redmi 4X mediante Tapatalk

cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

zippotone wrote:Nice review. Thanks for sharing!!

One question regarding the warranty card: is it stamped? If so, do you know if the gooroo is an AD?

Enviado desde mi Redmi 4X mediante Tapatalk
The warranty card is not stamped and as far as I know they are not an AD for Eterna. I think there used to be some language on their Eterna listings about an independent warranty but it doesn’t seem to be on their current listings, as far as I can see.
cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

So I let it sit on my desk a few days and kept looking at it, and then decided to keep it for a while because I wanted to try some different straps, and there was something about it that just kept growing on me. Threw this fossil strap (one of my favs) on it and gotta say, works much better for me.

The blue indices really are gorgeous.

cheddar
MoT Member

Post by cheddar »

Got a bit better lume shot

Roc
MoT Member

Post by Roc »

These are back on Ashford and watchgooroo again