As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by peskydonut »

I need some advice please!

The order from Discount Shop came.

The order from Ergode, like everyone else's, is being delivered to a completely different address. Because this address is apparently invalid, the package will be shipped back to the sender. However, I may have enough time to intervene and prove to the USPS that the package was actually destined for my address. So the question is... Should I do this or am I just shooting myself in the foot for when the box inevitably ends up being empty and I have to prove to Jet that I didn't steal its contents?
Living a comeback montage.
rlachcik
MoT Member

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by rlachcik »

peskydonut wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:21 pm I need some advice please!

The order from Ergode, like everyone else's, is being delivered to a completely different address. Because this address is apparently invalid, the package will be shipped back to the sender. However, I may have enough time to intervene and prove to the USPS that the package was actually destined for my address. So the question is... Should I do this or am I just shooting myself in the foot for when the box inevitably ends up being empty and I have to prove to Jet that I didn't steal its contents?
Just bite the bullet and call Jet and get your money back. That “package” will turn out to be a empty envelope. Tell Jet how you feel about their complicity with Ergode, and move on.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

On the phone with Jet right now. "Nothing we can do until the package is returned to sender." Nope! Waiting to speak to a supervisor. If that yields nothing I'll be contesting charges with the CC.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Add me to the list. My watch from discountshop came without issue, but the watch from Ergode was “delivered” yesterday to an address in a zip code that was one digit different than mine. I am out of town at a meeting but was able to send a quick email to Jet.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

So Jet was of no help. Because the item is being sent back to sender, they have "escalated the issue to another team who will be handing the resolution" and "cannot issue a refund right now". Next stop CC.

Apparently I am somehow unique in the fact that my package was not actually delivered, but is being sent back.

I still have one order "Processing" and Jet can't even cancel that one. Yep, they've lost me as a customer.
rlachcik
MoT Member

Post by rlachcik »

peskydonut wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:47 pm So Jet was of no help. Because the item is being sent back to sender, they have "escalated the issue to another team who will be handing the resolution" and "cannot issue a refund right now". Next stop CC.

Apparently I am somehow unique in the fact that my package was not actually delivered, but is being sent back.

I still have one order "Processing" and Jet can't even cancel that one. Yep, they've lost me as a customer.
Definitely dispute the charge with your credit card company.
I am surprised they didn’t fold and give you your money back.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

rlachcik wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:57 pm
peskydonut wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:47 pm So Jet was of no help. Because the item is being sent back to sender, they have "escalated the issue to another team who will be handing the resolution" and "cannot issue a refund right now". Next stop CC.

Definitely dispute the charge with your credit card company.
I am surprised they didn’t fold and give you your money back.
Just disputed the charges. Because Jet wouldn't even cancel the "Processing" transaction, I'll have to call the CC again and dispute that one once it posts.
Last edited by peskydonut on Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Ermgod! How much money did Ergode take!?

Let's add up how much Ergode has absconded with. Post your amount, and I'll update the first post in that thread.

http://www.manontime.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1396
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
rlachcik
MoT Member

Post by rlachcik »

$260 from me.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

I was going to wait until tomorrow to file a dispute but screw them, doing it today.

peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

$258.08 here
Off Topic
On the bright side, here is the response I received today from TimelessWatchStore when my eBay order did not arrive as expected. This is how you handle customer issues.
Hey Alex, we just contacted Fedex, it is on their end, if there is no update by tomorrow we will reship another one and give you a partial refund for the inconvenience, as you see from our 5 star feedback this never happens but during the busy season sometimes Fedex and USPS loose packages easily.

Regards,
Peter
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Please post your Ergode fleeces in the other thread: http://www.manontime.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1396
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
EvilSaint

Post by EvilSaint »

ManOnTime wrote:Please post your Ergode fleeces in the other thread: http://www.manontime.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1396
I'm sure I'll be posting in that thread eventually. For now, my Tissot is still showing as processing on jet.com and the charge is still in pending status on my card.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

Two of my orders show as delivered, nothing showed up. One delivered to supposedly correct address and zip, other one wrong zip code XXX17 instead of XXX10...

Email sent to jet. I have two more orders pending with ergode for much more...
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:Ermgod! How much money did Ergode take!?

Let's add up how much Ergode has absconded with. Post your amount, and I'll update the first post in that thread.

http://www.manontime.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1396
peskydonut wrote:I need some advice please!

I am doing this. On hold with USPS right now and fired off an email. I'll risk my $130 to prove that these guys are just sending false packages. I think we have enough of a burden of proof right here to prove that. 20 minutes into holding, luckily I've nothing better to do than cruise the forums.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk