We're Moving!

Click for more info.

11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by MoT »

I can echo the email. Refunded for the Ergode purchases. The reason noted was "Return to Sender - lost in transit only".
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by Rabirnie »

Finally got my refund email too. Didn’t see a reason for it, but they finally did the right thing.

Still will never recommend or use them again based on this experience...unless DiscountShop or Joma is fulfilling [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rlachcik
MoT Member

Post by rlachcik »

rlachcik wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:58 pm Jet.com, the final chapter!!
My Tissot was delivered to a third party agent in Boca for delivery to me, which of course never happened.
Because there wasn’t even a fake delivery my cc was not charged.
So it all ends with a whimper.
Lol more fool me! Without even a fake delivery Jet charged me again!! Pursuing this with my CC company, Jet are so bad!!!!!
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

Okay, received the same email, refund has been issued. Nothing has hit my account yet so who knows.

But get this, they refunded money for every watch I ordered including the Padi Samurai that I received, idiots.

Incompetence or making up for a **** deal and all the headache?

We’ll see what actually shows up on my statement.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

jcombs1 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:08 pm Okay, received the same email, refund has been issued. Nothing has hit my account yet so who knows.

But get this, they refunded money for every watch I ordered including the Padi Samurai that I received, idiots.

I vote incompetence. The email sent to me states the refund amount is equal to the two watches I didn't receive.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Same here. Recieved email about refund but may take days to show up in statement.

Glad some members got something out of this mess.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

FWIW, when I log into Jet.com the order history shows refund details -- I can see them for the Tissot I ordered, anyhow. I got an email, too, but the refund was for just one non-delivered watch -- 1 refund down, 2 to go.
tennesseean_87
MoT Member

Post by tennesseean_87 »

jcombs1 wrote:Okay, received the same email, refund has been issued. Nothing has hit my account yet so who knows.

I was wondering if this would happen, but I just have refund notice for my two missing watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

Full refund for my one (Ergode) order received today. Reason given was same as MoT's: "Return to Sender - lost in transit only" whatever that means. Jet can go fly...a kite (in a thunderstorm). :twisted:
Last edited by Klaatu3 on Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
asushane

Post by asushane »

Make sure you get refunded in all of your order numbers, especially if you made multiple orders.

I received refunds on 11 of 12 Ergode watches I didn’t receive (all separate order numbers). I wonder if they thought I wouldn’t notice that 12th was a non-refund? You’d think they’d try to rehabilitate their image just a little and double-check these escalated complaints.

So I sent a follow-up email inquiring about the last one.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

So I just came home and my wife informed me there was no package delivered on Monday. Nothing, certainly not a box or envelope with a tracking number. I’m perplexed how Ergode could manufacture a tracking number that USPS reports as having been delivered when there wasn’t an actual package. That would make it tough to protest a charge when the seller could provide a tracking number that seems to show a valid delivery.

Now, to add insult to injury the charge has posted to my account. I’m hopeful the refund will follow soon.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Elkins45 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:53 pm So I just came home and my wife informed me there was no package delivered on Monday. Nothing, certainly not a box or envelope with a tracking number. I’m perplexed how Ergode could manufacture a tracking number that USPS reports as having been delivered when there wasn’t an actual package. That would make it tough to protest a charge when the seller could provide a tracking number that seems to show a valid delivery.

Now, to add insult to injury the charge has posted to my account. I’m hopeful the refund will follow soon.
Call USPS.
#800-275-8777

You'll have to deal with the virtual helper, but keep asking for an agent.

When you talk to a real human, give them the tracking number and confirm if the shipping address you provided to Jet was the address where the package delivered.

Most likely they will tell you the addresses do not match, and though they won't tell you where the package went, you should be able to use that to secure a refund.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Elkins45 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:53 pm So I just came home and my wife informed me there was no package delivered on Monday. Nothing, certainly not a box or envelope with a tracking number. I’m perplexed how Ergode could manufacture a tracking number that USPS reports as having been delivered when there wasn’t an actual package. That would make it tough to protest a charge when the seller could provide a tracking number that seems to show a valid delivery.

Sorry to hear that.

One upshot of this experience is that I've signed up for USPS informed delivery, which Stretch44 suggested. The way it sounds to me, if I receive notification but it doesn't arrive, then it's been delivered to the wrong address. If I never receive notification, then it wasn't addressed to me to begin with.

I think Dub Rubb's experiments point to another possible test for an en route USPS package. USPS Delivery Instructions lets you tell USPS to hold a package at the post office for pick up -- all you need is the tracking number. The interesting part is that you must enter your street address to authenticate yourself, first. So if you're given a USPS tracking number but it then rejects your street address when you attempt to authenticate, then you know it isn't addressed to you. Making a video of this exercise should be good evidence against a fraudster.

But maybe I'm wrong about the above. Maybe the authentication doesn't check for a matching address. In that case, I guess you could ask them to hold it at the post office and then who knows what would happen. Edit to add that not all addresses are eligible for Delivery Instructions, as the linked pages above explain.
Last edited by BostonCharlie on Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I can't answer any of this with 100% certainty but I think I've read enough reviews to speculate with some degree of confidence. There was an actual package. It was not shipped by Ergode. Ergode is a drop-shipper. So Ergode ordered a very cheap item (not the watch you ordered) from another third-party seller, had it sent to a wrong address, and entered the USPS tracking number in Jet's system. I know that Jet's page says it was delivered to your town. But if you click the "track package" button, you will link to the USPS tracking page. Then click on the dropdown for "tracking history". You will see the town and the zip code where the package was delivered.

For instance, one of my order's tracking history says:
December 5, 2019, 3:36 pm
Delivered, Front Door/Porch
NEW CUMBERLAND, PA 17070
Your item was delivered at the front door or porch at 3:36 pm on December 5, 2019 in NEW CUMBERLAND, PA 17070.
My order was not supposed to go to New Cumberland. So did someone in that town get my watch? Nope, there never was a watch because it's a scam.
But somebody there did get a small package or piece of junk mail with a USPS tracking number that matched the one on my Jet account. So are you now on the hook for this amount of money because Ergode has proof of this package being delivered? Nope. Luckily, Jet now knows that this was not a scam coordinated by a bunch of bargain-loving watch-geeks but rather by a company with a history of just this very type of fraud.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Has anyone tried to contact Ergode directly? Not that it's going to solve anything. Just curious of what a potential reply might say.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited by PetWatch on Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.