We're Moving!

Click for more info.

How much money did Ergode take!?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: How much money did Ergode take!?

Post by Sporkboy »

As some watches ordered via Jet have been delivered, it would be interesting to know how many watches were delivered vs. the total number that was ordered. In other words, what way the hit rate on the deal?

Of the watches delivered, how good were those prices vs the current street price?

This would allow us to fairly judge this event in the records of Watch Deal Lore and Legends. It was suggested that his was hall of fame worthy before the spat of mail scam deliveries came to light. The nomination may or may not still be valid.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Kindly update my total to: $387.12, as despite my best efforts, my 3rd order "shipped".
Living a comeback montage.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:24 am As some watches ordered via Jet have been delivered, it would be interesting to know how many watches were delivered vs. the total number that was ordered. In other words, what way the hit rate on the deal?

Of the watches delivered, how good were those prices vs the current street price?

This would allow us to fairly judge this event in the records of Watch Deal Lore and Legends. It was suggested that his was hall of fame worthy before the spat of mail scam deliveries came to light. The nomination may or may not still be valid.

That's not a bad idea.

My order was for three watches, two (not) fulfilled by Ergode and one by Discount Shop. The Discount Shop watch (Seiko SRPA82J1) arrived on time and is brand new, no disappointments.

My order total was $395, The SRPA $131.66 of that. Completed sales on eBay show it sells for an average of $411.19, so all-in-all a pretty good deal.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

929,19 USD

(i first ordered tissot and skx in two seperate orders, then, encouraged with shipping notification and seeing others receiving their watches, i jumped the fence on more tissots - lady and pocket)

Actually now looking at the bank statement it was 924,19 - for one of the orders, i used a 5 USD store credit, which was creditted to me years ago when i ordered a few SNK809 for like 30 bucks and they only could ship two, so they gave me 5 dollars coupon which obviously didnt expire.
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

Also, two first payments of 132 and 127 usd are processed, but the remaining 663 is still pending, although i have recieved that annoying "dance" email that the fake shipment was done...
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:24 am As some watches ordered via Jet have been delivered, it would be interesting to know how many watches were delivered vs. the total number that was ordered. In other words, what way the hit rate on the deal?

My experience was an order of $267.96 for two watches ($133.98 each which includes tax). The SKX013 was fulfilled by discountshop and seems to be perfect. The SKX from Ergode seems to be a scam.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Well the plus side of this whole thing is that discount shop really is THE place for discount Seikos.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

I haven't checked back on JET but is/was there a way to filter out who was fulfilling orders? IE: filter out Ergode
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

whoagorgeous wrote:I haven't checked back on JET but is/was there a way to filter out who was fulfilling orders? IE: filter out Ergode
You would think that by now Jet would be doing this on their own. They went from giving instant refunds to giving everyone the run around with an investigation. They can’t still see Ergode as a trusted partner can they?
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Sporkboy wrote:
whoagorgeous wrote:I haven't checked back on JET but is/was there a way to filter out who was fulfilling orders? IE: filter out Ergode
You would think that by now Jet would be doing this on their own. They went from giving instant refunds to giving everyone the run around with an investigation. They can’t still see Ergode as a trusted partner can they?
Unrelated, isn’t there something called Mail Fraud? Does any one know about that? I am not sure if this would count, but you’d figure that the USPS would want to put a stop to it.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sporkboy wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:33 am
Sporkboy wrote:
Unrelated, isn’t there something called Mail Fraud? Does any one know about that? I am not sure if this would count, but you’d figure that the USPS would want to put a stop to it.

Well with the dollar amount Ergode has gotten just from members here, it is definitely in grand larceny territory.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

I just received an email from Jet saying they were issuing a refund.

This very much makes me wonder what was supposedly delivered to my mailbox on Monday.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

OK, in scanning the other thread I am seeing 8 deliveries, though I might have missed some. I counted ones that were posted with pictures and one that wasn’t.

If the price of each watch was about $122 then with the $4670 running total that gives us ~38 watches ordered.
8 delivered/38 ordered is ~21% or more roughly 1 in 5.

I didn’t look up info on the going prices for the watches delivered, but this is a good metric to have.
akaCastle

Post by akaCastle »

akaCastle - 927.48‬
EvilSaint

Post by EvilSaint »

$133.05

Has anyone attempted to file a report with the USPIS (U.S. Postal Inspection Service)?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk