We're Moving!

Click for more info.

MLTD, Jomashop, WatchGecko, Casio Store (on eBay), Arizona Fine Time, Kohl's, JaysandKays (Etsy)

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
deckeda
MoT Member

MLTD, Jomashop, WatchGecko, Casio Store (on eBay), Arizona Fine Time, Kohl's, JaysandKays (Etsy)

Post by deckeda »

Oh geez I guess I've spent a little money in the last 30 days.

All experiences good, with proper communication, fast shipping and new product as expected.

Joma was a black Bulova Lunar Pilot for $262, WatchGecko was a "super engineer" bracelet for less than $20 shipped. I owe a picture here for that combo. Please excuse the DUST on the watch. :roll:
IMG_2090 2.jpg
IMG_2091 2.jpg
IMG_2092 2.jpg

I'd also ordered the matching end links ($1.50, small risk) but they don't match up to the Bulova. It's all good, and no worse off there than how the stock 2-piece leather NATO attaches of course. Speaking of which I do like the stock leather strap but the watch is better balanced with some steel below it now.

The bracelet is nothing special but not bad. For the money I spent (on sale) I have zero complaints and the finish matches the watch case just fine. It's also quiet, not jangly. My biggest gripe is that the Bulova spring bars are too fat for it. I had to resort to digging into my cheap Amazon spring bar selection. Slightly looser now where it attaches to the watch head but not bad.

I suppose they are clearencing out the bracelet, but here's the link: https://www.watchgecko.com/super-engine ... rfly-clasp (£12).

I may one day consider one of the "NASA" style velcro NATOs these are "supposed" to be worn with but eh, I don't really swap straps much, once I find something that works.

The others are Xmas gift watches (mostly for ME, heh) not yet revealed. I may sneak them on wrist for a quick pic later if I can. Can't hide watches underneath the cuff necessarily because my daughter has a way of asking me what "today's watch" is!
Last edited by deckeda on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
deckeda
MoT Member

Re: MLTD, Jomashop, WatchGecko, Casio Store (on eBay), Arizona Fine Time, Kohl's, JaysandKays (Etsy)

Post by deckeda »

I ordered G Shock metal adapters from JaysandKays' Etsy store. These are for squares and provide for the use of 20mm straps. Expensive but they work great and saved a watch for me from the scrap heap (see below.)

This time last year part of my Forever 21 Black Friday deal was two DW-5600BB watches. One for me and one for the wife. She prefers "round" watches but has worn it occasionally. They were $33 each ...

... long story long I never wore mine despite targeting its all-black badness as being a future go-to strap monster. So I bought Casio's strap adapters and quickly ruined the case, or so it seemed. They just would not fit such that the spring bar (on one end in particular) could snap into the hole. I also didn't like how the "good one" on the other end could be basically pried off if bent back too far. There's just too much inherent leverage if you ask me. That could potentially happen if the watch was laid flat on a table and pressed down, "flattening" it.

The watch head went into the drawer for a year. And my cheap-but-new 24mm NATO straps remain unworn.

Fast forward to now and I'm made aware of the metal JaysandKays that additionally let you slim down to 20mm straps. OK, I'll bite. I figured that if they didn't work on this half-mangled watch head they'd work on the next square I picked up some day ... Well they came in today and yes they snapped right in. I gave solid tugs on them and the spring bars do not pop out of the case holes. I now have use of this watch again.

So I only own one 20mm strap currently, removed from my Lunar Pilot. It's too long for this watch/wrist combination (I couldn't get it snug) on wrist) and I don't have anything to poke more holes with. This "review" is of the adapters and not the watch or strap.
deckeda
MoT Member

Re: MLTD, Jomashop, WatchGecko, Casio Store (on eBay), Arizona Fine Time, Kohl's, JaysandKays (Etsy)

Post by deckeda »

^^ Here is the current Etsy link -- > https://www.etsy.com/listing/680929481/ ... e_20&crt=1

"16mm-Lug Small Profile 20mm 22mm Strap Metal Adapters for Casio GShock like 5600/5610 G100 GW2310 DW6600/GW6900 GA800 5700"