We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Starbuy- Recent Purchase Potential Issues

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Rabirnie
MoT Member

Starbuy- Recent Purchase Potential Issues

Post by Rabirnie »

Right around Black Friday/Cyber Monday, I saw a deal posted in the HUISABH for the Seiko SRPC23 Grey Turtle. After seeing [mention]59yukon01[/mention] post pics of this watch in the WRUW thread over the past year I knew I needed this watch because of its versatility, strap-monsterness, and...it's a turtle.

Just got the watch in yesterday and I have to say it looks like it is a store display model or a return. The protective covering for the bracelet is peeling back and looks as though it has been removed/re-attached on multiple occasions and the case shows signs of wear (dirt, grime, etc.). The other thing bothering me is the now infamous Seiko chapter ring misalignment. It isn't terrible, but I noticed when I took a look pulling it out of the box and now can't unsee it. I know this is common with Macy's/Kohl's but I had higher expectations for Starbuy.

Has anyone had an experience like this with Starbuy before? Everything I've read about them has been positive and I don't want to seem like I'm complaining about minutiae. Should I reach out to Deeprak about this or just let it be? The site says you can reach out within 48 hours of receiving the product to let them know about damage or faulty functionality.

Looking for some guidance here, so feel free to condemn me for being an obnoxious prick or whether I really should reach out. Thank you all in advance for the help! I'll add pics later today when I have some time.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Re: Starbuy- Recent Purchase Potential Issues

Post by whoagorgeous »

Definitely reach out to them.
Worst case you'll send it back and get a refund and the hunt continues.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

I just had a good experience with my Starbuy purchase. A little over a week for my Seiko Tuna Lite Street series. And a great deal with exchange rates combined with the sale they had on at the time ($215).
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

I bought a Tuna STreet series from Star Buy and it took abouty 10 days to deliver but the watch was perfect and i was very happy with the transaction.....especially the price.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

valuewatchguy wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:34 pm I bought a Tuna STreet series from Star Buy and it took abouty 10 days to deliver but the watch was perfect and i was very happy with the transaction.....especially the price.
SNE541? That's what I got. Fun watch at a great price.