We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Christopher Ward

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
audio.bill
MoT Member

Re: Christopher Ward

Post by audio.bill »

I recall reading on CW's site that when paying via PayPal they put the full charge through immediately at the time of purchase, even on pre-orders that are not currently in stock. If you use a credit card on their site (not through PP) then they only place a hold on the card for the amount and then put that charge through once the item is ready to ship. I have had pending charges disappear from a CC account which were later put through so that is a possibility. I'd suggest waiting until you actually receive the delivery to be certain what it is before taking further action... it might straighten itself out in the next few days if the charge gets posted.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

audio.bill wrote:I recall reading on CW's site that when paying via PayPal they put the full charge through immediately at the time of purchase, even on pre-orders that are not currently in stock. If you use a credit card on their site (not through PP) then they only place a hold on the card for the amount and then put that charge through once the item is ready to ship. I have had pending charges disappear from a CC account which were later put through so that is a possibility. I'd suggest waiting until you actually receive the delivery to be certain what it is before taking further action... it might straighten itself out in the next few days if the charge gets posted.
I can second that: my chase card showed $361 and change as pending right after placing the order, then disappeared for a week or so, (but never from CW Australian site in AUD) and now the final charge showed up as $363.44Image
, and the watch is delivering tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

WhaleTail wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:10 pm
audio.bill wrote:I recall reading on CW's site that when paying via PayPal they put the full charge through immediately at the time of purchase, even on pre-orders that are not currently in stock. If you use a credit card on their site (not through PP) then they only place a hold on the card for the amount and then put that charge through once the item is ready to ship. I have had pending charges disappear from a CC account which were later put through so that is a possibility. I'd suggest waiting until you actually receive the delivery to be certain what it is before taking further action... it might straighten itself out in the next few days if the charge gets posted.
I can second that: my chase card showed $361 and change as pending right after placing the order, then disappeared for a week or so, (but never from CW Australian site in AUD) and now the final charge showed up as $363.44Image
, and the watch is delivering tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is good. I'll check my card again each day. I just want the watch. I was more surprised about it being dispatched so early and not getting a tracking number from CW than anything.
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

And the charge is now on my credit card. That was just the weirdest chain of events, timing wise, on a watch I've ever ordered! LOL! I'll post a picture Thursday of what I hope is the correct watch I ordered!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Thier dispatch emails are pretty standard. Click the blue box.

This is where it gets a little different than a lot of people are used to.

You have to click the link I've circled to get taken to the tracking info from DHL.

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:44 am Thier dispatch emails are pretty standard. Click the blue box.

This is where it gets a little different than a lot of people are used to.

You have to click the link I've circled to get taken to the tracking info from DHL.

That's the email I never got. It was delivered yesterday though, it is correct and perfect, and it was immediately put on one of my custom cork straps, that I paint and sell, for Summer!

So all is well that ends well!
PSX_20200722_103510.jpg
fandi
MoT Member

Post by fandi »

The stock Italian leather straps have a ding only after a few days of wearing the watch. This is because of the stainless steel case. I had to use my thinner leather straps. Wonder if I should tell Christopher Ward about this.
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

Well, mine had a small ding on the outside edge of a lug when it arrived. It's so hard being an OCD perfectionist. I was wondering if I should tell them. It's small and nobody else would notice, looks like it bumped something. I guess I'll just try not to worry about it. But I know I'll be looking for it every time I wear it.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

M111 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:58 pm Well, mine had a small ding on the outside edge of a lug when it arrived. It's so hard being an OCD perfectionist. I was wondering if I should tell them. It's small and nobody else would notice, looks like it bumped something. I guess I'll just try not to worry about it. But I know I'll be looking for it every time I wear it.

I know this doesn't help, but:

There is no such thing as perfection.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Those of you who got a blue C65 -- what aftermarket straps have you put on the watch? I like that cork strap [mention]M111[/mention] used. I have a Barton BOGO code (see HUISABH thread) that I want to use.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
ossamanity
MoT Member

Post by ossamanity »

Hi there,

I ordered a CW watch and just received a message from DHL that it is denied clearance at customs here in Illinois and they need more information.

They want me to fill out this form. I have no idea what to put in the form. Has anyone else faced a situation like this?

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

ossamanity wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:55 pm Hi there,

I ordered a CW watch and just received a message from DHL that it is denied clearance at customs here in Illinois and they need more information.

They want me to fill out this form. I have no idea what to put in the form. Has anyone else faced a situation like this?

Wow, that is a bit crazy...to have to break it down by parts.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
ossamanity
MoT Member

Christopher Ward

Post by ossamanity »

watchpalooza wrote:

Exactly! I have requested DHL to help me out.
I mean I just bought a watch I didn’t manufacture it. How do they expect me to know how much it costs to source the “leather”
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

ossamanity wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:03 am
watchpalooza wrote:

Exactly! I have requested DHL to help me out.
I mean I just bought a watch I didn’t manufacture it. How do they expect me to know how much it costs to source the “leather”
...or just put ridiculously low numbers for everything... $10
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Techme
MoT Member

Post by Techme »

ossamanity wrote:Hi there,

That’s insane! How stressful. You are a private importer of one watch, not a wholesaler importing batches. How the heck would you know the price breakdown.

Give them Chinese homage prices from AliExpress.[emoji6]