We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Christopher Ward

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Sussa
MoT Member

Re: Christopher Ward

Post by Sussa »

There are a few posts in the HUISABH thread about CW offering replacements for out of stock sales items. In my experience, they are not offering the sale price for these replacements. This is an email exchange after a sale strap order in 2017. All names and email addresses removed. They did not respond to my question and just sent the C7 strap.

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 12:17 PM, <redacted> <<redacted>@christopherward.co.uk> wrote:
Dear Ms <redacted>,

Unfortunately, we are unable to fulfill your order as we have unfortunately oversold on the C10 strap that you ordered. We can however off you a replacement strap if you are still interested in purchasing a strap from us or we can cancel your order. Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Kind regards,
<redacted>
------------------------------
Dear Mr <redacted>,

Will the C7 strap from my order be fulfilled or was it also oversold? If you are offering a replacement strap at the same price as the C10 ($17 USD), I will gladly accept a replacement of 18-COR-01-SXC-DC-XS. Otherwise please just send the C7 and refund the amount paid for the C10.

Thank you,
<Sussa>
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

It appears that I did misread/misinterpret their cancellation email and that C. Ward is indeed stepping up to the plate to make it right....

Dear ,

Thank you for your response.

The offer for the two models below is not to pay full price but to match the discount you would of received on the sale watch so £450 off.

My apologies if this wasn’t clear.

We can of cause still go with option you would like , however we have had to cancel the original order and a new order will have to be placed for the alternative.

You can either call the number below and place the order over the phone ( please note we are now closed for the weekend but would be happy to take the call on Monday for you) or alternatively place the order on the website, let me know the order number and we will refund the discounted amount once the order has been dispatched.

Kind Regards,
seaboogers
MoT Member

Post by seaboogers »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:49 pm I find I keep looking at CW, but never quite get myself to pull the trigger.
They make some nice looking dress watches (my preference), and when they make it to half price/nearly new clearance, it becomes even more tempting.

Just not sure why I haven't taken the plunge.
It's not the logo fluctuation. Admittedly, I do like the 9 positioning for the name given the rest I've seen.

I may add one to the collection, but who knows?
I'm the complete opposite.

I can't stand the horrid looking font used and it's placement at 9.

That's why I haven't purchased another CW watch.

I snagged one from their summer sale a before they revealed this new logo.
Gorem
MoT Member

Post by Gorem »

they are offering to send the black/silver or black/pepsi. order online, email them for a refund request (discounted amount) after order dispatch.
only waiting for them to get back to me with regards to strap option .............
I really wanted the blue .. haiz .. the other 2 doesn't look attractive to me ..
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

Right now it shows I can "preorder" a blue C65 for half price for July 20. Is it worth it, or will it just be cancelled, for anyone who may know.
Last edited by M111 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

I ordered one since nobody answered here, and I was afraid it wouldn't last. I will let everyone know what happens.
EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

M111 wrote:Right now it shows I can "preorder" a blue C65 for half price for July 20. Is it worth it, or will it just be cancelled, for anyone who may know.
Can you send the link that shows where you can preorder the blue? I couldn’t find the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

EA-Sports wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:58 pm
M111 wrote:Right now it shows I can "preorder" a blue C65 for half price for July 20. Is it worth it, or will it just be cancelled, for anyone who may know.
Can you send the link that shows where you can preorder the blue? I couldn’t find the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.christopherward.com/int/sal ... B0-VC.html

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

Yes. That is where I pre-ordered it. Thanks JohnP!
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

M111 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:11 pm Yes. That is where I pre-ordered it. Thanks JohnP!
I didn't have much to offer when you were asking for input but I am glad you snagged this. I have one CW and really like it. The sales can be sort of tricky but that is the time to buy.
Gorem
MoT Member

Post by Gorem »

M111 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:45 pm I ordered one since nobody answered here, and I was afraid it wouldn't last. I will let everyone know what happens.
i think should be fine, its the GMT version that is oos
NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Post by NapoleonDynamite »

I've been happy with CW. Good quality for their price. I paid just under $1100 AUD all up. Firstly I bought a Trident C60 MK3 with hybrid strap to avoid GST. Then I bought the bracelet separately. I did this to avoid attracting 10% GST on either of the purchases.

On both occasions they arrived lightning quick to Australia (3 days).

I haven't found a monochrome that I've liked, like the Trident. Except maybe the new white Seamaster, but that's a different league and price point of course.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

Split-Time wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:26 pm
M111 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:11 pm Yes. That is where I pre-ordered it. Thanks JohnP!
I didn't have much to offer when you were asking for input but I am glad you snagged this. I have one CW and really like it. The sales can be sort of tricky but that is the time to buy.
It's the one I wanted, actually, so I'm shocked it was available half price. I missed the ones they had in the "preview" a couple days ago because I was indecisive.

I've wanted a 65 Diver in blue ever since I first saw one, but I've already got two Oris and couldn't ever justify a third, especially at the price point of the Diver 65. I think this watch gives off the exact same vibe at a third the price since I got it on sale. Do others agree?

This will be my second CW. I flipped the other one, but not because of the quality. It was immaculate!
Techme
MoT Member

Post by Techme »

I've got a 65 Diver auto in blue with a bracelet, but the dial just feels a little close to my Oris Divers 65 black dial. Weird since I have a bunch of Seikos all with similar dials - but whatever. During the sale I managed to snag a 65 Diver blue with the hand winding movement on a SS bracelet that I've been attracted to since release. I think it does a better job at disguising the logo at 9, with its elongated 12 and 6 digits.

My only gripe, is that the case is so beautiful and thin on the wrist, but it would look better with a 20mm lug width. This is more in keeping with the vintage aesthetic. Just my opinion.
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

M111 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:19 pm
dumberdrummer wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:47 pm
M111 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:29 pm I know this isn't really the place to ask such a question, but I was afraid it wouldn't be seen on the CW thread. Anyway, I bought a C65 on the half price sale. It is showing that it has already cleared customs and should be delivered on Thursday. But, Christopher Ward has not billed my credit card yet, or there is no charge from them when I look at my account online. I got a text with a confirmation number from my card I had to put in when I ordered, and it seemed everything went correctly. The reason this concerns me is that I've had problems with this card and overseas transactions before. Is it normal that they wouldn't have billed me when it shipped? I ask here, because I know we have many experts on CW.
So the watch has shipped, cleared customs, delivery date established...and your credit card hasn't been billed? I'm not only failing to see a problem, but would also suggest you buy that PowerBall ticket you've been procrastinating about :lol: . Seriously, though, in my dozen or so CW purchases, my credit card has always been billed immediately upon completing the transaction.
It's just all beyond bizarre. I ordered on the 11th, checked my card account immediately and it showed a hold on my card like it was supposed to. The watch was the one that was not even supposed to be available until today. I also got the confirmation email from Christopher Ward right after I ordered. I never got a shipping notification though; I wasn't expecting to until today. But on Friday I got a text from DHL Express saying that my package from Christopher Ward would be delivered on Thursday July 23 and would require a signature unless I replied. I looked up the tracking number and it shows it was indeed picked up in London on the 17th and will be here on Thursday. The hold disappeared from my credit card and no charge has replaced it. Weirdest of all is that when I go to Christopher Ward's site and put in my order number from their confirmation email, It says there is no such order. It will be very interesting to see what I get on Thursday!
I'm moving this here from the main thread...