We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Tissot le locle from eBay seller everydaydealsince1997

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Re: Tissot le locle from eBay seller everydaydealsince1997

Post by tommy_boy »

Um, OK. Special Edition. So special that Tissot can't ID it. :lol:

Normally a rep movement will stand out as such during a competent watchmaker's examination.

I'd open it up and closely examine the movement, if it was mine.

Regardless, it is a nice looking watch. Enjoy it.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

What is the return policy on the seller’s listing?
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
chicharo
MoT Member

Post by chicharo »

watchpalooza wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:06 am What is the return policy on the seller’s listing?
The item was removed. I can't check it
chicharo
MoT Member

Post by chicharo »

I sent this messeage to the seller
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

I found his other auctions...he does not accept returns. But they do say “new with tags”, which ebay states means with original packaging. Did it come with packaging?
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
chicharo
MoT Member

Post by chicharo »

watchpalooza wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:01 pm I found his other auctions...he does not accept returns. But they do say “new with tags”, which ebay states means with original packaging. Did it come with packaging?
Yes. But the box and the tags look fake. I purchased another tissot from Jomashop and the tags, labels have a different color. In addition, no price label on box

I will try to add photos of both. Later
chicharo
MoT Member

Post by chicharo »

By the meantime, I'd like to thank all of you. You've been so helpful
chicharo
MoT Member

Post by chicharo »

Please, help me to understand what is the point of the seller
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

chicharo wrote:Please, help me to understand what is the point of the seller
At this time I would be done with the seller, it's obvious you will not get any resolution from him.

Verify the power reserve, according to Tissots manual that you can view and download online, 30 revolutions forward and backwards depending on model should fully wind it. It goes on to state that in general 80 revs. should fully wind most automatics. That's about twice as much or more than it's necessary from my experience. The good thing is you can not over wind most autos, in general no harm will result but it's better to wind less and finish winding when worn

If it only runs for about 44hrs and you decide not to keep it, open a claim with Ebay. State bought new with tags. It's defective. The Powermatic 80 movement is rated to runs for aprox. 80 hrs. Fully wound it several times, it only runs for 44hrs, about half the rated capacity for a new properly operating watch.

If desired you can copy text in reference to Powermatic 80 movement from Tissot.

I would be shocked if Ebay rules against you, provided you kept watch as new and are within the 30 day window allowed to dispute from delivery date. The sooner the better. But, no guarantee's. Any communication with he seller should be confined to Ebay's dispute process.

Hope whatever you decide works out for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chicharo
MoT Member

Post by chicharo »

PetWatch wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:58 pm
At this time I would be done with the seller, it's obvious you will not get any resolution from him.

Verify the power reserve, according to Tissots manual that you can view and download online, 30 revolutions forward and backwards depending on model should fully wind it. It goes on to state that in general 80 revs. should fully wind most automatics. That's about twice as much or more than it's necessary from my experience. The good thing is you can not over wind most autos, in general no harm will result but it's better to wind less and finish winding when worn

If it only runs for about 44hrs and you decide not to keep it, open a claim with Ebay. State bought new with tags. It's defective. The Powermatic 80 movement is rated to runs for aprox. 80 hrs. Fully wound it several times, it only runs for 44hrs, about half the rated capacity for a new properly operating watch.

If desired you can copy text in reference to Powermatic 80 movement from Tissot.

I would be shocked if Ebay rules against you, provided you kept watch as new and are within the 30 day window allowed to dispute from delivery date. The sooner the better. But, no guarantee's. Any communication with he seller should be confined to Ebay's dispute process.

I opened a PayPal case. I'm asking a partial refund and keep the watch because I paid additional shipping costs, handling... But I don't want to affect the seller too much. He was nice during the sale.
DiscoEstScio
MoT Member

Post by DiscoEstScio »

chicharo wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:32 pm
PetWatch wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:58 pm

I opened a PayPal case. I'm asking a partial refund and keep the watch because I paid additional shipping costs, handling... But I don't want to affect the seller too much. He was nice during the sale.
Hey OP, sorry to hear about your fiasco. My personal recommendation is to ask for a complete refund, postage and all. Additionally, the seller needs to send you a return label.

We can even give the seller the benefit of the doubt that he did not know it was a replica but that is something he needs to resolve with his supplier. There is no reason for you to be stuck with it.

Just my 02¢
chicharo
MoT Member

Post by chicharo »

Yes. There is a chance that the seller didn't know anything about. It was the first that I told him. But, the seller said the he know your supply years ago and he is totally honest. Thank you for your help
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Regardless of whether his source is honest, if it's a rep, it's a rep and you have a right to expect a full refund.

Many trusting buyers have been surprised with purchases from well-meaning sellers. That is more likely to occur now than ever before.

Hopefully you will be compensated in such a way that you are satisfied with the result.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
chicharo
MoT Member

Post by chicharo »

Good news. Swatch Group Mexico will check my watch free. What a service. I can't believe it!
DiscoEstScio
MoT Member

Post by DiscoEstScio »

chicharo wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:06 pm Good news. Swatch Group Mexico will check my watch free. What a service. I can't believe it!
Good to hear. If it is a replica do not be surprised if Swatch Group seizes it...

Please keep this thread updated - thanks!