We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Festivus: Airing of Grievances

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Rixsler86
MoT Member

Post by Rixsler86 »

Hi guys
I live in Brooklyn, New York. On March 21st, I purchased a couple straps from Cheapest NATO Straps(CNS). They had sent a message out about how they were having a difficult time and were having a massive sale to stay afloat.
I have dealt with them in the past. That previous order had taken about 2 weeks to get to me.
This time around, I decided to add tracking to my order. I didn’t mind if the order took a while, especially if I could See it was just sitting at customs.
On March 30th, I get a message from CNS that “Unfortunately, due to current shipping regulations in your country, we are unable to ship this item with tracked shipping. We have refunded you the shipping fee you have already paid and instead shipped your item with our untracked shipping option. You might experience some delays due to the current events worldwide, so please be patient. Thank you for our understanding.”
With everything going on, I completely understood this but I definitely felt a tinge of worry that I can no longer track the package.
Fast forward to April 28th and I haven’t received the straps. I send an email to CNS asking for any information. After a short back and forth, they realized the package has probably been misplaced and on April 29th they say they will send a replacement order. I ask about the replacement shipment and I get my last response from CNS on May 6.
On May 18th, I get an email from CNS saying that unfortunately, some of the straps from the first order are no longer available. We go back and forth on replacement straps and on May 21st they notify me that the new straps have been sent.
It is now June 7th and nothing.
I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced something similar? Should I just cancel the order? Should I leave it alone and enjoy a surprise Christmas gift? What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nikon Z6

Tudor Black Bay Steel
Longines Hydroconquest GMT
Breitling Chronomat
Alpina Alpiner Extreme
Bulova x Complecto Jet Star
Brew Retromatic Copper
Fossil Mickey Mouse
Ernest Borel Athletic
Casio GWB5600AR-1
G-Shock DW5040PG
nicegator
MoT Member

Re: Festivus: Airing of Grievances

Post by nicegator »

Rixsler86 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:14 pm Hi guys
I live in Brooklyn, New York. On March 21st, I purchased a couple straps from Cheapest NATO Straps(CNS). They had sent a message out about how they were having a difficult time and were having a massive sale to stay afloat.
I have dealt with them in the past. That previous order had taken about 2 weeks to get to me.
This time around, I decided to add tracking to my order. I didn’t mind if the order took a while, especially if I could See it was just sitting at customs.
On March 30th, I get a message from CNS that “Unfortunately, due to current shipping regulations in your country, we are unable to ship this item with tracked shipping. We have refunded you the shipping fee you have already paid and instead shipped your item with our untracked shipping option. You might experience some delays due to the current events worldwide, so please be patient. Thank you for our understanding.”
With everything going on, I completely understood this but I definitely felt a tinge of worry that I can no longer track the package.
Fast forward to April 28th and I haven’t received the straps. I send an email to CNS asking for any information. After a short back and forth, they realized the package has probably been misplaced and on April 29th they say they will send a replacement order. I ask about the replacement shipment and I get my last response from CNS on May 6.
On May 18th, I get an email from CNS saying that unfortunately, some of the straps from the first order are no longer available. We go back and forth on replacement straps and on May 21st they notify me that the new straps have been sent.
It is now June 7th and nothing.
I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced something similar? Should I just cancel the order? Should I leave it alone and enjoy a surprise Christmas gift? What do you all think?

My order took less time to get to NJ, still around 45 days or so. They were out of stock for some items, emails back and forth, and partial refund was in a few days. But finally it arrived. All and all I like what I got - a few leather 2 piece straps, and a few leather NATO's. Quality is above average, and I will shop there again in future.
Hope it works out for you.
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

BruceR wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:34 pm
nicegator wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:38 am Today is 1 month since my Meranom order stuck in ' released from customs' status. Ordered in early March. Anyone got their Meranom stuff ordered in March?
Still no progress on my order from Meranom placed on March 15. I realize there's a global pandemic so I am not complaining but rather am abandoning hope.

Meranom.PNG
Did you get your Meranom order? Mine is still at the same status allegedly somewhere near Moscow airport. Almost 3 month since the order placed.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

MR PORTER just canceled my Timex X Peanuts order from June 8. A month to figure out it was out of stock? Or did they take a free loan for a month?
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:24 am MR PORTER just canceled my Timex X Peanuts order from June 8. A month to figure out it was out of stock? Or did they take a free loan for a month?
After they told me the watch has been shipped to the USA, I got the same message. I wanted the CB and bought the Snoopy just for the great price.

I sent the watch back to them on their dime, so 1 Snoopy should so back on sale.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

BillionaireDoors wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:24 am MR PORTER just canceled my Timex X Peanuts order from June 8. A month to figure out it was out of stock? Or did they take a free loan for a month?
MR PORTER just refunded half of my money, so maybe they're shipping one? The email wasn't clear on what was cancelled, so we'll see.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

BillionaireDoors wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:36 pm
MR PORTER just refunded half of my money, so maybe they're shipping one? The email wasn't clear on what was cancelled, so we'll see.
The Snoopy arrived, so at least that's something. I prefer it to the Charlie Brown.
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:38 pm
BillionaireDoors wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:36 pm
The Snoopy arrived, so at least that's something. I prefer it to the Charlie Brown.
The only reason I ordered was the CB, great looking dial.
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

When listings for used watches on WUS say something like "email for pix" hey man gfy just upload the damn pictures you lazy turd

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

TOM:

So a duplicate order went through by accident; I had PayPal automatic payment enabled (be warned).

I caught the error within 30 min and contacted TOM via the website (no working phone number) and the first rep refused to cancel the duplicate order citing their policy.

By the time the second rep cancelled the duplicate order and “corrected” the situation, I have already contacted PayPal and they opined for the merchant because of the automatic payment being activated, the “correction” was supposed to be a credit back on the PayPal MasterCard, which never happened.

The explanation was that since I initiated the dispute with PayPal, the funds were on hold (PayPal stated in a message that funds were released the minute they decided on the dispute.

So a month after the PayPal decision and no refund, they stopped responding to my multiple messages so I took it up with the MasterCard as recommended by PayPal, and got my money after submitting the correspondence and their failure to refund the due amount.

They retaliated by freezing my TOM account not allowing any order to go through and I am about to lose the $177 credit accumulated from before.

BE AWARE.

Last edited by WhaleTail on Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Touch of Modern "customer support" is why I refuse to go to their site and report on their deals anymore.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find