We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Dagaz Thunderbolt

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Dagaz Thunderbolt

Post by watchpalooza »

Bought this watch from a deal posted here, and I think it is quite a well-made watch for the price. The bead blasted case and band do not disappoint, the readability is great, hands and dial good quality. The watch is not at the level of a Zelos or Traska, but still very good. Love the drilled lugs, slightly domed sapphie crystal and the shape of the case. The case thickness is low profile and the shape makes it very comfortable to wear. The movement and rotor are also decently finished...nothing extravagant, but solid mid-level finishing. Lume is not the brightest, but it does last and is readable at +5hrs.

The watch came well-protected and packed in a decent quality knock-off of an otterbox dry storage box. It took about 3 weeks to clear German customs, but cleared customs with only a €10 zoll an arrived intact.

Overall I am very pleased with the purchase. The only two cons are that the watch came mostly unadjusted and the relatively small size for a pilot-inspired watch. It was gaining +22s / day with a beat error of 13ms when it arrived. I am all for an automatic running a bit fast, but this is way out of tolerance for a new watch from factory running a Miyota 9015. I had to both regulate and adjust the movement to get it within tolerances...it is now +6s / day with average beat error of 0.2ms (0.0ms in position 1, some variation by position). As for the size, I love the low profile but wish it were about 2mm wider to give a little more wrist presence and offset its length lug to lug. Its proportions look odd to me, being so narrow yet long. Still, it wears well and (now) tells good time. Overall a great bargain.

Some photos:

Last edited by watchpalooza on Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Dagaz Thunderbolt

Post by watchpalooza »

Forgot to mention the watch runs nearly silent. The ticking is surprisingly faint with the case closed....I had to look to mke sure it was still running. There is a bit of detectable rotor noise, but it is not overwhelming.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
seaboogers
MoT Member

Post by seaboogers »

Like you...I think the watch head itself needs to be at least 2mm wider. It just looks so small, I'm on the fence about keeping the one I have to be honest.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

seaboogers wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:27 pm Like you...I think the watch head itself needs to be at least 2mm wider. It just looks so small, I'm on the fence about keeping the one I have to be honest.
Its painful...beautiful watch otherwise, just a bit small.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

FTE wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:21 pm
seaboogers wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:27 pm Like you...I think the watch head itself needs to be at least 2mm wider. It just looks so small, I'm on the fence about keeping the one I have to be honest.
Agree entirely. I had mine on the wrist today because I was cleaning up and doing manly stuff like dishes and needed a beater. It seemed so small to me that I pulled up the website just to confirm that it was indeed 39mm and then pulled out my digital calipers just to confirm that it is 38mm! Yup, we got ripped off by 1mm there! :lol: Doesn't help with the size. I would probably try to flip it, but I'm giving it time. I took it off after the dishes to put back on a 36mm Datejust that felt just right! So the right size is a bit subjective. I might try it on a different strap...
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Kirk B wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:47 am
FTE wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:21 pm
Agree entirely. I had mine on the wrist today because I was cleaning up and doing manly stuff like dishes and needed a beater. It seemed so small to me that I pulled up the website just to confirm that it was indeed 39mm and then pulled out my digital calipers just to confirm that it is 38mm! Yup, we got ripped off by 1mm there! :lol: Doesn't help with the size. I would probably try to flip it, but I'm giving it time. I took it off after the dishes to put back on a 36mm Datejust that felt just right! So the right size is a bit subjective. I might try it on a different strap...
Would love to see what it looks like on another strap. Post some pics if u do it.
Click Icon To Contact Me

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Click Icon To Contact Me

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Dagaz Thunderbolt

Post by Sporkboy »

I kind of like the silicone with red stitching as it ties into the dial/logo color combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Sporkboy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:19 am I kind of like the silicone with red stitching as it ties into the dial/logo color combo.

My thought as well. If it were my watch that's what I'd go with, but in leather. (Rubber/silicone/plastic etc straps give me a rash.)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:47 am
Sporkboy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:19 am I kind of like the silicone with red stitching as it ties into the dial/logo color combo.

My thought as well. If it were my watch that's what I'd go with, but in leather. (Rubber/silicone/plastic etc straps give me a rash.)
This was also my favorite, but I also prefer to find it in leather. I do think the contrast between the watch and band does help to make the watch look a bit better on thw wrist (vs the all titanium look with the stock bracelet).
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I'd also vote for black leather with red stitching.
The brown waxed leather is a good look too.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:24 am I'd also vote for black leather with red stitching.
Yeah that was my second favorite. Lot's of options for redvstitched black leather...will post a pic once I decide which one and it arrives.
Click Icon To Contact Me

michaeliany
MoT Member
Been thanked: 0

Post by michaeliany »

TheJohnP wrote:I'd also vote for black leather with red stitching.
Exactly me as well. These are my top 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Click Icon To Contact Me

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I think I like this brown minimal stitch strap the best although the new black leather with red contrast looks good too. I know pictures can be a bit deceiving but I don't think this watch looks too small at all. Appears to be the perfect size to my eye.