We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Dagaz Thunderbolt

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Dagaz Thunderbolt

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:16 pm
I think I like this brown minimal stitch strap the best although the new black leather with red contrast looks good too. I know pictures can be a bit deceiving but I don't think this watch looks too small at all. Appears to be the perfect size to my eye.
I agree the straps make the watch wear a ton better than the stock bracelet, and the size / fit is more or less perfect. I am honestly torn between the silicone strap and the leather minimal stitch strap...the new leather one I don't love as much. Odd how things look different in person than online. I think its the stitching...I prefer the straight stitching (also smaller) on the silicone strap to the larger stitches and lateral stitching at the top on the leather strap.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

FTE wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:44 pm
I agree the straps make the watch wear a ton better than the stock bracelet, and the size / fit is more or less perfect. I am honestly torn between the silicone strap and the leather minimal stitch strap...the new leather one I don't love as much. Odd how things look different in person than online. I think its the stitching...I prefer the straight stitching (also smaller) on the silicone strap to the larger stitches and lateral stitching at the top on the leather strap.

If you are comfortable with silicone (doesn't work for me), then stick with the red stitched one vs the new leather. Agree there is something about the stitching on the leather that looks slightly off.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I really like this. The stitch length appears close to the minute marker length, so that is another subtle tie in.

I am not seeing a problem with the stitching, but if you see it then go with your gut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sporkboy wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:28 pm
I really like this. The stitch length appears close to the minute marker length, so that is another subtle tie in.

I am not seeing a problem with the stitching, but if you see it then go with your gut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will give it a try...too ensmored with the Certina that came today to give it fair consideration. Will spend some tome with it hopefully next week to see how it wears.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
Greggg3

Post by Greggg3 »

I got one of these also when it was on sale, mine is 316L bead blasted, not titanium though? did they have a titanium version for sale? Anyway, I actually like the size myself - I'm in a phase where I seem to be drifting back toward smaller sizes, they seem more comfortable or retro, just where I am right now (reminds me of watches my father used to wear), really enjoying it the past couple of months. I agree with you all on that red stiched leather strap, that rocks. RIght now I have mine on a elastic band, French National type from Ali, green with red stripe.

Thanks to MOT for creating the site and all your work on watchuseek forum. Also thanks to Rinsc21 for clueing me in, I wondered why the Heads Up thread had dwindled in contributions.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Greggg3 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:13 am I got one of these also when it was on sale, mine is 316L bead blasted, not titanium though? did they have a titanium version for sale? Anyway, I actually like the size myself - I'm in a phase where I seem to be drifting back toward smaller sizes, they seem more comfortable or retro, just where I am right now (reminds me of watches my father used to wear), really enjoying it the past couple of months. I agree with you all on that red stiched leather strap, that rocks. RIght now I have mine on a elastic band, French National type from Ali, green with red stripe.

Thanks to MOT for creating the site and all your work on watchuseek forum. Also thanks to Rinsc21 for clueing me in, I wondered why the Heads Up thread had dwindled in contributions.
The original post was in error...the case on mine is not titanium but also bead blasted 316L. I have to say that with the new bnd the size seems pretty perfect. Its thin, but still present.
Click Icon To Contact Me