We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Poshmark?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Poshmark?

Post by TheJohnP »

Been seeing countless commercials for the site and decided to see if they had any watches. They have plenty.

Bit like Ebay in that various conditions can be found from parts, to vintage, to current, to new in box.

Seems there could be some deals to be had.

Also saw they offer free authentication for purchases over $500 with ability to return if item doesn't match listing.

Anyone try it yet?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: Poshmark?

Post by BostonCharlie »

I am also intrigued by Poshmark. I've been checking its G-Shock listings from time to time, and some sellers will keep dropping their price until the item sells. The comments I've read on some listings suggest that you can try negotiating with the seller.

I spent some hours awhile back going through G-Shocks, and I was surprised to find a number of flat-out fakes. So many listings had poor photos, and I have yet to see one where returns were an option. So it feels more like a wild west than eBay -- caveat emptor.

At the time I found an interesting, older G-Shock -- it's like a Frogman lite -- for only $45, and it clearly had not been worn much (the stock white nylon strap was in new condition). Def. a deal. It keeps me coming back.
noroadtrippin
MoT Member

Post by noroadtrippin »

My wife has just started selling on it.

So far she has moved some Chaco sandals and a few other items. She follows some girl on Instagram that lives here in Arkansas and makes a living selling thrift store finds on the site.

Apparently she recently found an Hermès belt at Goodwilll worth a couple grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

I created an account and they gave me a one-time $1 shipping deal -- it's usually about $7. Another surprise: listings now show a Make an Offer button after logging in. Even so, I see haggling taking place in the listing comments -- I wonder why.

Bad photos and skimpy descriptions are still a problem, but on one listing I posted a comment asking about the crystal and the seller quickly replied. I've seen others where people asked for specific photos and the seller added them.

Another problem is fakes. I'm no pro and even I can see them. It's the ones I don't see that worry me. And if a watch's battery is dead (or "not included"), how do you know it works?

To gauge a seller's reputation you can look at her About page -- it's on her Closet page (most of them are women, right?). It will show how long she's been selling and any "Love Notes" left by buyers -- these are five-star ratings with notes. Buyers can leave bad ratings, but nobody can see them except the buyer and seller (described here).

Their "Posh Protect" policy sounds reasonable -- I esp. like the parts about undisclosed damage and fakes (excerpted from here):
We will give you a full refund if your item never ships or does not match the listing description. Otherwise, all sales are final. The policies and systems we have in place to protect you are called Posh Protect.

Refund Policy
When you make a purchase on Poshmark, we don't release payment to the seller until you tell us you've received your order as described. You have 3 days after delivery to inform us if the item has been misrepresented by reporting the problem in the Poshmark app or website with supporting photos. If we verify your claim, we'll send you a label to return the order to the seller and refund your payment. All returns must be shipped back within 5 days of approval to be eligible for a refund.

What is covered
If any of the following pertain to your order, please report the problem in the Poshmark app or website immediately:
  • Undisclosed damage
  • Incorrect or missing item
  • Item not as described
  • Item is not authentic
If no claim is made within 3 days of delivery, payment will be automatically released to the seller. Once payment has been released, all sales are final and no refunds will be provided.

What is not covered

Item does not fit / changed mind
If the item is just not your style or does not fit you, we unfortunately cannot accept a return. You can always re-list the item on Poshmark!

After they gave me the $1 shipping promo I bit on a beat up G-Shock -- the seller said the crystal is unmarked. I followed the advice given elsewhere for Ebates + RG deals and took screen shots to document the description in case I have to dispute anything.
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

I've sold and purchased clothing from Poshmark. I just listed my first watch on it. I've thought about purchasing a watch or two from there but have yet to. The clothing sales and purchases all went very smoothly. It's pretty much ebay IMO.
I did see the watch authentication for over $500. I believe I may have read about someone who purchased a watch from Poshmark on WUS. To me, if I remember correctly, the "authentication team" didn't do a great job at repackaging the watch. But I'm not 100% sure on the story.
I'll keep trying to sell my Alpina on there just because more eyes doesn't hurt. But I'd prefer to sell it on a site like this or in person using Facebook Marketplace
Insta me: bbrou33
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Spotted this Amex Offers for Poshmark:

DETAILS
Get a one-time $15 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $50 + in one or more transactions via the Poshmark app or online at poshmark.com by 4/19/2019.

Go to your account and look for the Amex Offers section.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find