We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Jungle Outlet - Not Looking Good At All

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Jungle Outlet - Not Looking Good At All

Post by ohhenry1 »

I ordered a new watch from Jungle Outlet. They sent me a BEAT UP watch with several scratches, dents, dings and scuffs. When I sent them photos, they would not admit that it was a "defective" watch (indeed, they went so far as to call it "non-defective"). Not a single word or intimation of apology. They still have this very same watch listed online, indicating to me that they have more in stock, but instead of accepting my request to exchange for a proper new watch, they are only offering to refund me the watch if I return it to them. If they don't have a proper new condition watch to exchange for the beat up one that they sent me, then why are they still listing the same watch as available new on their web site?

In addition, their communication about return shipping is very vague. I'm used to the vendor creating an RMA for me to print, then put on the box, and then ship back, meaning shipping is prepaid by them. Instead, they gave me an RMA number and told me to write it on the outside of the package. Anyone here know how that's supposed to work?? What does writing the RMA number on the outside of the box accomplish? Don't I still have to go to some carrier and pay for shipping? They have said nothing to me about refunding my cost to ship it back to them, and I'm a bit worried that this is some kind of a trick. I'm also wondering if I already have cause to take it up with PayPal.

Here are the photos of the damage, which I sent to them:
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
"And here is their reply e-mail:

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

You can return the non-defective item back to us for a refund. Please make a note that you need to return the product and send us a valid tracking number within 14 days. We will not be able to refund without a tracking link for the return.

We have set up a return merchandise authorization (RMA) enabling you to return the non-defective item. The RMA # for this return is J9815947

Please display the RMA number clearly on the package and include a clear note with the reason for the return. Please note that the item must be in the same condition we sent it in.

Please send the item to the address below and provide us with tracking information.

RETURN ADDRESS:

Jungle Outlet

1000 Airport Rd

STE #200

Lakewood Twp

NJ 08701

If you have any further questions, please contact us."

I have asked them if I can speak to them by phone, but I'm not hopeful any of this will go well.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, I'd welcome them.

If not, well, based on my experience so far, I would say "STAY CLEAR OF JUNGLE OUTLET. THEIR SERVICE IS ABYSMAL."
Sussa
MoT Member

Re: Jungle Outlet - Not Looking Good At All

Post by Sussa »

ohhenry1 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:31 am Instead, they gave me an RMA number and told me to write it on the outside of the package. Anyone here know how that's supposed to work?? What does writing the RMA number on the outside of the box accomplish? Don't I still have to go to some carrier and pay for shipping?
That's terrible customer service. Even if they can't do exchanges (generously allowing them a system limitation), they should offer free return shipping and free shipping on the replacement.

An RMA is for the warehouse that receives the return. It does nothing for you or shipping costs. It could tell them what department to send it to, or just confirm that this is an authorized return and be processed as such. There's a chance they use a third-party logistics company, and the RMA tells them what company the return belongs to.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I would absolutely take it up with PayPal. You received a product that is clearly not as advertised. With your well documented photos, you should have resolution in your favor pretty easily.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

It is good that you have an RMA, and that they did not mention a restocking fee. From their website:
RETURNS:

Jungle Outlet accepts returns on all item unless marked FINAL SALE, within 14 days of item delivery. As our prices are extremely low (some items selling below cost), we charge a 20% restocking fee on all returns. ALL returns are subject to a Return Merchandise Authorization from Jungle Outlet. A return merchandise authorization number can be requested by emailing help@jungleoutlet.com.

Defects:
If you receive a defective item or if an item arrives DOA you must contact Jungle Outlet within 14 days after receiving the item. We will replace the item for you, if the item is no longer in stock you will receive a full refund. ALL returns are subject to a Return Merchandise Authorization from Jungle Outlet. A return merchandise authorization number can be requested by emailing help@jungleoutlet.com.

ALL items must be returned in the original box with all packing materials and accessories. Any item which is shipped with a seal from the manufacturer may not be returned if the manufacturer seal is broken. ANY returns that are received not in original box, missing packing materials and/or accessories may be refused or subject to a restocking fee. ANY SIGNS OF WEAR, TAMPERED ITEM, REMOVAL OF PARTS, WILL RESULT IN REFUSAL OF YOUR RETURN. A package that is refused by the customer, or undeliverable, shipping fees will be deducted. Original shipping costs will be deducted from all non-defective returns, additionally the customer is responsible for return shipping.
https://jungleoutlet.com/pages/shipping-returns-policy
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

watchpalooza wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:25 pm It is good that you have an RMA, and that they did not mention a restocking fee. From their website:
RETURNS:

Jungle Outlet accepts returns on all item unless marked FINAL SALE, within 14 days of item delivery. As our prices are extremely low (some items selling below cost), we charge a 20% restocking fee on all returns. ALL returns are subject to a Return Merchandise Authorization from Jungle Outlet. A return merchandise authorization number can be requested by emailing help@jungleoutlet.com.

Defects:
If you receive a defective item or if an item arrives DOA you must contact Jungle Outlet within 14 days after receiving the item. We will replace the item for you, if the item is no longer in stock you will receive a full refund. ALL returns are subject to a Return Merchandise Authorization from Jungle Outlet. A return merchandise authorization number can be requested by emailing help@jungleoutlet.com.

ALL items must be returned in the original box with all packing materials and accessories. Any item which is shipped with a seal from the manufacturer may not be returned if the manufacturer seal is broken. ANY returns that are received not in original box, missing packing materials and/or accessories may be refused or subject to a restocking fee. ANY SIGNS OF WEAR, TAMPERED ITEM, REMOVAL OF PARTS, WILL RESULT IN REFUSAL OF YOUR RETURN. A package that is refused by the customer, or undeliverable, shipping fees will be deducted. Original shipping costs will be deducted from all non-defective returns, additionally the customer is responsible for return shipping.
https://jungleoutlet.com/pages/shipping-returns-policy
Sure, but they also claim that the watch that they sent me was "non-defective," which means they will charge me shipping costs both ways (according to their policy, if the item is defective, then I don't have to pay the shipping costs). They sent a damaged watch instead of the advertised new watch, and they are saying that the product is "non-defective." As if this return were because I changed my mind, or decided I didn't like the color or something. Total ****.

I'm still talking with them, and may resort to PayPal soon.

Overall, the dollar amounts are minimal, but it's the nerve, the principle, the lost time, etc..

I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me, as this is pretty much the definition of a third world problem that from a philosophical perspective maybe should simply be written off as the cost of learning.

But I'll repeat what for me is the takeaway: JungleOutlet is BS.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I agree, and and this point I'd probably already have taken it up with PayPal. Maybe the watch isn't "defective" in the technical sense. But they listed the watch as new and you bought it expecting a new watch. This wasn't.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

I just took it up w/ PayPal.

They were dragging their feet answering my questions, answering just enough ("Please let me take it up with my manager and get back to you") to string things along to the point where I'm almost at my 14 day return deadline. I would not be surprised if that were their strategy.
ohhenry1
MoT Member

Post by ohhenry1 »

Just a final note to bring this thread to its conclusion: I got refunded in full after I went through PayPal. Jungle Outlet proved to me that they are a 3rd rate operation, and I would advise my fellow forum members to steer far, far away from them, at least if you value your time, energy and mental space. They're just not deserving of your hard earned money, as far as I'm concerned, and I say that from a "live and learn" frame of mind, not a vengeful one.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I am sorry that you had this experience @ohhenry1 but do appreciate you sharing it with everyone.