We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Double Watch Winder from Ross Simons

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Double Watch Winder from Ross Simons

Post by Split-Time »

I would like to think FTE for posting a link to this winder from Ross Simons :D . I had been telling myself that I would buy another single winder if a decent looking model came along around $50. This model was posted by FTE at $60. After taxes and shipping the total was just under $70. It looks like it is now $45 plus tax and shipping.

It looks great and I am impressed (so far) with the construction. I am even thinking of telling my wife that I bought it :lol: . It did have a few flakes of stuff inside that you can see I did not take the time to wipe off before posting this. Not a big deal, especially for the price.

The motor is very quite and nearly silent with the lid closed. I know that it could fail tomorrow, but for the price I am very happy!

https://www.ross-simons.com/black-doubl ... 23395.html

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Re: Double Watch Winder from Ross Simons

Post by Klaatu3 »

Thanks to Split-Time and FTE for your posts…my winder showed up yesterday and I’m also fairly impressed, especially for the price. It's now found a home on my closet shelves. I’m tempted to get another, but there are a few (relatively minor) annoyances.

First, the directions are pretty sketchy and don’t specify the TPD (Turns Per Day) of the modes. (I did a little cipherin’ and figured that mode 3 is best for my targeted Omegas: bi-directional 720 TPD). Second, the storage tray holds three extra watches, but the pillows are different and don’t fit into the winder holes. It would have been convenient to be able swap the watches out without fumbling to change pillows. But these are minor complaints, easily overcome.

Time will tell how well it holds up to long-term use.
[img][/img]
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

OK, it must be fate...I've just ordered another. Sharp users posted an even lower clearance price, AND a free shipping coupon code, in the HUISABH thread. And no sales tax to TX. Then I measured my shelf, and there's exactly enough space for a second winder. How can I resist when the cosmic winds are so much in my favor? ;)
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Klaatu3 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:58 pm OK, it must be fate...I've just ordered another. Sharp users posted an even lower clearance price, AND a free shipping coupon code, in the HUISABH thread. And no sales tax to TX. Then I measured my shelf, and there's exactly enough space for a second winder. How can I resist when the cosmic winds are so much in my favor? ;)
I was just thinking how two of them would look pretty sharp side by side 8-) . I appreciate the shipping coupon and the note about cash back in the HUISABH thread...I am afraid I am not very good at finding those. Hey, look at it like this: you are also getting ten watch storage (that spins!). Maybe I'm rationalizing for you, or maybe I'm running low on watch storage. Who knows? :lol:
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Crazy good deal. Congrats to those buying one.

@robotazky