We're Moving!

Click for more info.

OfficialWatchDeals (eBay seller)

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

OfficialWatchDeals (eBay seller)

Post by BostonCharlie »

I think OfficialWatchDeals on eBay (here) is already well known as a good seller of good deals, but I wanted to post my experience with them.

I bought one of their manufacturer refurbished Citizens and it arrived promptly. The packaging was fine but the watch did not have any protective plastic. Upon closer inspection with my LED light it looked like it had been worn a little -- it showed some fine scratches on the bracelet. Their listing had made it clear that this was a possibility, and these light signs of wear didn't bother me.

The trouble was that the manufacturer's finishing was off here and there. In particular, two of the lugs showed 'over brush,' where whoever was brushing the case accidentally touched the lugs, too. On one lug this had actually removed enough material to flatten its curved surface.

I started the return process via eBay and they provided a free, pre-paid return label (although I almost overlooked it in my eBay messages). I sent it back and they promptly refunded my purchase.

While I'm sorry it didn't work out, I am happy with my experience.
pgcity
MoT Member

Re: OfficialWatchDeals (eBay seller)

Post by pgcity »

I bought my Alpina 4 watch from the same seller and it was a good experience too. No issues.