We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Same Retailer, Different Name - Companies with Multiple Websites

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Same Retailer, Different Name - Companies with Multiple Websites

Post by TheJohnP »

Screenshot_20190730-070620_Chrome.jpg
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:15 am Adding one more. TheJohnP recently posted a deal from a site I wasn't familiar with before, called Wristclocks. After looking at their site and inventory, it became very clear that it is the same as Watches and Beyond, a retailer I was familiar with that also happens to be a vendor on Walmart's site. And it turns out the companies share the same address and suite too. And when you're both selling the S.T. Dupont Defi Star Wars Palladium Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Medium Limited Edition 405811 at the exact same price, I think it's safe to say you might be the same company.
------

If it walks like a duck . . .
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Adding some more to the list. Tyme-Global based in Singapore = the ebay seller kriswatches. And Skywatches, also from Singapore = ultimate-watches on ebay. It some cases it can be helpful to check the more obscure inventory that the seller has that not every other seller will. In this case all the pictures are the same too. Links to that stuff below. I thought I remembered that skywatches has a second account but I haven't come across it. A few years ago they went by watches59 but that account now appears to be defunct.

http://www.tyme-global.com/shop/Citizen ... ED8154-52D
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Citizen-ED8154 ... Sw5VZXBJgH

https://www.skywatches.com.sg/reviews/p ... srs-57.htm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/PL14385JSRS-57 ... Swo8pbOcom
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 pm Image
FINKLE IS EINHORN. WATCHSAVINGS IS JOMASHOP!

There have been a few instances over the years in which I have been browsing watch retailers' online inventory and I've had one of these "Aha!" moments when I realized that two or more different websites actually belong to the very same company or retailer. I'm not talking about how a company like Certified Watch Store also has an ebay store that goes by more or less the same name. I'm talking about a company that has two or more distinct names (eg. Upscale Time = clearinghousesales). So I thought it might be helpful to make a list. Some of these are well-documented and others less so. If you know of any that should be added to the list, please comment below or message me and I'll add them. All of the names below contain a link. I don't know how many of these are out there but I'm sure there are some that I've missed here. Thanks.

Jomashop = Timepiece = World of Watches = The Watchery = WatchSavings on Amazon

Gemnation = sigmatime on eBay = Perfect Timing on Amazon

Upscale Time = clearinghousesales on eBay

Certified Watch Store = Flying Fashion on Amazon

Creation Watches = Down Under Watches = Zeta Watches

Sky Watches = Sports Watch Store = Shop-Online.Watch

Red Deer Watches = AUS Watches = NZ Watches

Bezali = Watchingo

Watches2U = Chris Elli

Watches & Beyond = Wrist Clocks

Tyme-Global = kriswatches on ebay

Skywatches = ultimate-watches on ebay
----------

I believe Bezali is also watchwave on Ebay (based on comparison of products and prices).
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:53 pm I believe Bezali is also watchwave on Ebay (based on comparison of products and prices).
Thanks, I think you're right. I mentioned that in the post linked below but didn't add it bc I wanted to go back and look at it. I guess I forgot. I'll make sure I update the list soon. Also, kriswatches got back to me to confirm they are in fact the same company as Tyme-Global but the ebay account is "operated by a different team."

http://www.manontime.com/viewtopic.php? ... 956#p28112
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Not so surprising at this point. About 2 weeks ago I typed up a post with some info about the new owners of Ashford but I lost/erased it. Maybe at some later point I'll revisit it.

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Almost certain Ashford and watchgooro on Ebay are sthe same, based on their Eterna inventory and available quantity.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:22 pm Almost certain Ashford and watchgooro on Ebay are sthe same, based on their Eterna inventory and available quantity. I'll add their Glycine inventory looks identical too, haven't verified 100%.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:40 pm Almost certain Ashford and watchgooro on Ebay are sthe same, based on their Eterna inventory and available quantity. I'll add their Glycine inventory looks identical too, haven't verified 100%.
I'll add Ashford = watchgooroo = Discount Watch Store in part based on your post HERE and on some experiences of other forum members. I also just messed around with adding some Jacques Lemans and some other watches to my cart as well and it showed the same exact numbers of inventory. I'll hopefully post more info about it in the near future. If anybody feels there is a chance these 3 retailers ARE NOT the same, feel free to post here about why you think that as well. Also a note to myself that feltharg posted HERE that watcheshalfprice and officialwatchdeals are the same company. [mention]feltharg[/mention] could you elaborate on why you say they are the same company?
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

watcheshalfprice and officialwatchdeals:
bought two bulovas and one citizen.
came in exact same boxes, packaging, labels, origin codes, addresses, paperwork inside looked identical with only the first line in the left header different / ooe was "eBay - OB" the other one "eBay - WHP".
the feedback they gave me on ebay for the transaction sounded almost identical.

they might be two different companies and even have different inventory (i didnt check) - like really low grade refurb go to WHP (according to my experience :D) but they definitely sahre the operation in terms of staff and warehouse.
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

EDIT: funny thing, they used blasting fast fedex express air mail! came really quickly from tx to chicagoland :)

feltharg wrote:watcheshalfprice and officialwatchdeals:
came in exact same boxes, packaging, labels, origin codes, addresses, paperwork inside looked identical with only the first line in the left header different / ooe was "eBay - OB" the other one "eBay - WHP".

they might be two different companies and even have different inventory (i didnt check) - like really low grade refurb go to WHP (according to my experience :D) but they definitely sahre the operation in terms of staff and warehouse.
Last edited by feltharg on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

Also i will just put my note from the same post in the headsup thread - my "DROP Warehouse" form (mass)Drop sale came with "glycine_direct" papers and also the warranty was stamped with GSD Global Inc. AD stamp. That is, i believe, what watchgooroo is (correct me if im wrong) so thats why i thought these two are also the same and i think that it was also confirmed in the past.

So the bronze glycine was definitely sold on ebay from glycine direct and was returned (watch sealed) with warranty card already stamped (march 2019).

Now, tell me how the hell exactly this watch ended up in Drop warehouse? :)
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

feltharg wrote:watcheshalfprice and officialwatchdeals:

I have suspected the same for some time but have not been diligent on the necessary research. Their inventory is not identical in terms of same product on both sites at the same time, but I think everything else is adding up.

I did analyze which one delivered items in better condition, based on a sample of about 10 items it was inconclusive. I think this is variable based on their sourcing at different times.

Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Does anyone know if Timelesswatchstore on eBay is associated with any other companies? Or are they a stand alone Seller?
Thanks.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Rocat wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:51 pm Does anyone know if Timelesswatchstore on eBay is associated with any other companies? Or are they a stand alone Seller?
Thanks.
Not sure but that would be good to know bc that seller usually has competitive prices and they have good feedback. They ship from Voorhees, NJ and have a Bonanza seller account as well. I just sent them a message through Bonanza. I'll let you know if I hear back.

ebay account

bonanza account