We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

Did you see a great deal on clothing, electronics, gadgets, pens, or almost anything else? Share it here. (Please remember: Firearms not permitted.)
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

Post by Boourns »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:02 pm Here's a pretty unusual one:

Looking for a deal on an RV rental. 4 nights, 4 adults. Does anyone have hookups?
No hookup, but does Turo (or a similar site) rent RVs?
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Hey deal buds here's one for you: I need a relatively affordable 24" monitor for my wife to use working from home. The catch is that she has a small desk, so I'd like it to have usb-c connectivity that eliminates the need a docking station. Wirecutter recommends the Viewsonic VX2485-MHU. But it's either out of stock, price hiked to high holy heaven, or available from shady websites I don't trust. I already bought a used one on eBay that came out of the box like this:

So needless to say I'm back to square one. :lol: Right now my leading candidate is this 27" Samsung from Best Buy. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-a8 ... Id=6457398 But I don't need 27" and it's still a bit more than I wanted to spend at $280.

Any ideas?
zoysiamo
MoT Member

Post by zoysiamo »

Boourns wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:06 pm I need a relatively affordable 24" monitor for my wife to use working from home....
But I don't need 27" and it's still a bit more than I wanted to spend at $280.
I did some looking but couldn't find anything promising, sorry. I find 27" very useful for having two documents or browser windows open side-by-side, so this is what I'd buy for myself if I was upgrading ($300) https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-27 ... ccessories?

I couldn't find a decent-looking 24" for under $250.
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

My back is telling me I've held out on buying a new office chair for long enough. I've always been comfortable in Herman Miller Aerons, so that's what I'm going for. My budget says refurbished. Size A or B, lumbar pad, and adjustable height arms are a must. Under $600 shipped to eastern US would beat the best price I've found. Buying from a company that refurbishes and offers a warranty would be nice, instead of random Craigslist sellers. I will not buy from Beverly Hills Seating or Madison Seating due to bad reviews. Thanks for any leads!
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Sussa wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:31 pm My back is telling me I've held out on buying a new office chair for long enough. I've always been comfortable in Herman Miller Aerons, so that's what I'm going for. My budget says refurbished. Size A or B, lumbar pad, and adjustable height arms are a must. Under $600 shipped to eastern US would beat the best price I've found. Buying from a company that refurbishes and offers a warranty would be nice, instead of random Craigslist sellers. I will not buy from Beverly Hills Seating or Madison Seating due to bad reviews. Thanks for any leads!
https://www.furniturefinders.com/find/u ... hairs.html
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Boourns wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:06 pm Hey deal buds here's one for you: I need a relatively affordable 24" monitor for my wife to use working from home. The catch is that she has a small desk, so I'd like it to have usb-c connectivity that eliminates the need a docking station. Wirecutter recommends the Viewsonic VX2485-MHU. But it's either out of stock, price hiked to high holy heaven, or available from shady websites I don't trust. I already bought a used one on eBay that came out of the box like this:

So needless to say I'm back to square one. :lol: Right now my leading candidate is this 27" Samsung from Best Buy. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-a8 ... Id=6457398 But I don't need 27" and it's still a bit more than I wanted to spend at $280.

Any ideas?
I just saw this -- maybe you found a monitor already. Here's a candidate on Amazon (HP sold by Amazon) for $217:
https://www.amazon.com/HP-24-inch-Monit ... 09D8ND9JT/

Aside from that, to reduce desk area, she might consider using a portrait orientation for her monitor. My main monitor is vertical, and I find it to be very practical.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

BostonCharlie wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:39 pm
Boourns wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:06 pm Hey deal buds here's one for you: I need a relatively affordable 24" monitor for my wife to use working from home. The catch is that she has a small desk, so I'd like it to have usb-c connectivity that eliminates the need a docking station. Wirecutter recommends the Viewsonic VX2485-MHU. But it's either out of stock, price hiked to high holy heaven, or available from shady websites I don't trust. I already bought a used one on eBay that came out of the box like this:

Any ideas?
I just saw this -- maybe you found a monitor already. Here's a candidate on Amazon (HP sold by Amazon) for $217:
https://www.amazon.com/HP-24-inch-Monit ... 09D8ND9JT/

Aside from that, to reduce desk area, she might consider using a portrait orientation for her monitor. My main monitor is vertical, and I find it to be very practical.
So I ended up going with this one and paid what is generally normal price of $240.

I like it because it’s a usb-c connection. If you have a later model laptop powered by usb-c, which both my wife and I do for work, the monitor powers your laptop and plugs in with a single connection. That plus Bluetooth mouse and keyboard keeps the desk tidy.

Re: the portrait oriented monitor, I use one of them this way at work. I write a lot, and using the monitor vertically lets you see basically a whole page in word as you go.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Can anyone find a Raspberry Pi 4 or 3B+ for anywhere close to MSRP that is actually in stock? They seems to be OOS everywhere or like at least $150.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: Help me find a bargain thread

Post by Robotaz »

I’m shopping for a new office chair and looking for a deal on a good one. If you notice any deals, please pass it on. Thanks.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Robotaz wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:57 am I’m shopping for a new office chair and looking for a deal on a good one. If you notice any deals, please pass it on. Thanks.

Moved this post to the non watch thread you had started previously.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Robotaz wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:57 am I’m shopping for a new office chair and looking for a deal on a good one. If you notice any deals, please pass it on. Thanks.
I bought my Herman Miller Aeron from Rework Furniture near Chicago. They're a reliable seller if you're open to buying a refurb.

https://rework-furniture.com/

They're promoting "free" shipping on some chairs, but it looks like they've just increased the price of the chair to include it. Reasonable, and still good prices.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Sussa wrote:
I bought my Herman Miller Aeron from Rework Furniture near Chicago. They're a reliable seller if you're open to buying a refurb.

https://rework-furniture.com/

They're promoting "free" shipping on some chairs, but it looks like they've just increased the price of the chair to include it. Reasonable, and still good prices.
Holy cow! That place is amazing for so much more than just what I’m looking for right now. Wow!

Thank you!
Robotaz
MoT Member

Help me find a NON-watch bargain!

Post by Robotaz »

I ended up buying this Razer Iskur XL fabric after sitting in a regular version in pleather. The lumbar looks crazy, but wow it’s on another level if you have back pain. I had to have one.

Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

Deal of the day for Prime Members: Amazon Basics Rubber Encased Hex Dumbbell Hand Weight https://a.co/d/3wISeM4

Okay, fair price but max 1 dumb-bell... really?
Last edited by Spirit of the Watch on Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

Deal of the day for Prime Members: NordicTrack 50 Lb iSelect Adjustable Dumbbells, Works with Alexa, Sold as Pair https://a.co/d/2TcIUm5

$300, name brand... Not sure how I feel about adjustable dumbbells. Space saver though.
Last edited by Spirit of the Watch on Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler