We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

Did you see a great deal on clothing, electronics, gadgets, pens, or almost anything else? Share it here. (Please remember: Firearms not permitted.)
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

Post by MoT »

$90 for Buds+ is a smoking deal! If I didn't already have a pair, I'd be all over this.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

For those who don't know a lot about headphones, the Galaxy Buds+ frequency response are a very close match to the Harman Target Response curve.

Over the last 8 to 10 years, Harman International has done a lot of research of user preference on the amount of bass, treble, and mids for music listening, resulting in the Harman Target Response curve. 2 out of 3 people find the HTR sound signature a close match to what they like best. And out of the other 1/3 of people, a lot just like a little less or more bass, which you can EQ to add or subtract.

The Galaxy Buds+ are made by AKG, a subsidiary of Harman, and here is how close a match it is to HTR (Buds+ response in blue)

You aren't going to find other full sized headphones or earbuds that match that well.

So like we know that a 40mm submariner homage with the right lug length can work for most people, science has shown that these earbuds will be good for a majority of people for music listening, and with most people after that with a little bass adjustment.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

cel4145 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:09 am For those who don't know a lot about headphones, the Galaxy Buds+ frequency response are a very close match to the Harman Target Response curve.

Over the last 8 to 10 years, Harman International has done a lot of research of user preference on the amount of bass, treble, and mids for music listening, resulting in the Harman Target Response curve. 2 out of 3 people find the HTR sound signature a close match to what they like best. And out of the other 1/3 of people, a lot just like a little less or more bass, which you can EQ to add or subtract.

The Galaxy Buds+ are made by AKG, a subsidiary of Harman, and here is how close a match it is to HTR (Buds+ response in blue)

You aren't going to find other full sized headphones or earbuds that match that well.

So like we know that a 40mm submariner homage with the right lug length can work for most people, science has shown that these earbuds will be good for a majority of people for music listening, and with most people after that with a little bass adjustment.

I have the Buds+ and a pair of AKG over-ear headphones. Both have been vastly superior to anything else I've owned.

Samsung bought Harman a few years ago, and the instant boost it gave to Samsung's audio products has been amazing.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

ManOnTime wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:51 am
cel4145 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:09 am For those who don't know a lot about headphones, the Galaxy Buds+ frequency response are a very close match to the Harman Target Response curve.

I have the Buds+ and a pair of AKG over-ear headphones. Both have been vastly superior to anything else I've owned.

Samsung bought Harman a few years ago, and the instant boost it gave to Samsung's audio products has been amazing.
Good to know. The phone speakers are pretty okay as well?

Too bad I missed this deal!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

pdsf wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:09 pm

I rarely listen to audio from the phone speakers, so I can't comment on that.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

^okay thanks [mention]ManOnTime[/mention]!
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

pdsf wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:09 pm

I think phone speakers are best rated on a scale of "awful" to "bad, but I can deal with it." lol
bobusa
MoT Member

Post by bobusa »

Those buds work with iPhone?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

bobusa wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:03 pm Those buds work with iPhone?
Yes. I've used them with both Android and iOS.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Home gym equipment is hard to find at good prices.

Judging by this google ad, it appears that some Target locations have selectable dumbbells available for pickup for a good price. All of the stores in my area say OOS, so YMMV.
target_dumbbells.jpg
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

[mention]BostonCharlie[/mention] - Best Buy has a bunch of exercise equipment on sale right now. Free weights are mostly overpriced or out of stock, but sharing in case you're looking for anything else.

Flexibility and Recovery
Cardio Equipment
Strength Training
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Like lighters?
Like the Stones?
Like deals?

This is for you!
Flash sale at Shopworn, so no further discounts apply.

S.T. Dupont Rolling Stones Limited Edition Minijet Lighter in black or white
Sale price is $55
List price is $220

White minijet - https://www.shopworn.com/shop/st-dupont ... er-010109/
Black minijet - https://www.shopworn.com/shop/st-dupont ... er-010110/

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

s20 phones are $600 off at Google Fi

https://fi.google.com/about/phones

Moto G Power $49
https://fi.google.com/about/phones/moto-g-power
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Some might argue that you don't actually need to pay to see Idiocracy in HD, but I still think $5 to own this movie is a pretty good deal.

AS SEEN ON SLICKDEALS HERE

And some other Amazon HD movie deals for fans of Daniel Day Lewis or war films.

THERE WILL BE BLOOD - $5

GANGS OF NEW YORK - $5

HACKSAW RIDGE - $5

APOCALYPSE NOW - $7
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

It is a funny movie. I think now more than ever it's becoming a documentary. lol
yinzburgher wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:58 am Some might argue that you don't actually need to pay to see Idiocracy in HD, but I still think $5 to own this movie is a pretty good deal.

AS SEEN ON SLICKDEALS HERE

And some other Amazon HD movie deals for fans of Daniel Day Lewis or war films.

THERE WILL BE BLOOD - $5

GANGS OF NEW YORK - $5

HACKSAW RIDGE - $5

APOCALYPSE NOW - $7