We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

Did you see a great deal on clothing, electronics, gadgets, pens, or almost anything else? Share it here. (Please remember: Firearms not permitted.)
quincas
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2018 NON watch items

Post by quincas »

flypanam wrote:Just did something super irresponsible and ordered this 3/4 scale 12-in-1 arcade cabinet on Rakuten with the 15% off code!

These are the games of my childhood. They have several different game and cabinet options available (not on Rakuten per se), but this one was the best deal I could find. There are other versions. Walmart has the Street Fighter II edition for $250, which was sorely tempting me, but did not include the riser (which is basically necessary if you're an adult and want to play standing up), and also charged tax. There are versions with other game sets as well, but none include the riser.

I got this cabinet tax-free with free shipping for $280 after the code, which is insane considering it retails for $399 (compared to $299 for most other cabinets from this manufacturer), and it includes the riser as mentioned too.

Gonna set this up in the lounge of my office for some morale boosting (and personal play time). Also because I don't have room in my apartment.

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/gamercandy ... 221025172/

[img]https://tshop.r10s.com/954/3f6/f30a/07b ... 889ca7.jpg[/img]
Can we set up a HUISABH meetup at your office, pretty please?? [emoji3064]
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:11 pm
flypanam wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:54 pm Just did something super irresponsible and ordered this 3/4 scale 12-in-1 arcade cabinet on Rakuten with the 15% off code!

These are the games of my childhood. They have several different game and cabinet options available (not on Rakuten per se), but this one was the best deal I could find. There are other versions. Walmart has the Street Fighter II edition for $250, which was sorely tempting me, but did not include the riser (which is basically necessary if you're an adult and want to play standing up), and also charged tax. There are versions with other game sets as well, but none include the riser.

I got this cabinet tax-free with free shipping for $280 after the code, which is insane considering it retails for $399 (compared to $299 for most other cabinets from this manufacturer), and it includes the riser as mentioned too.

Gonna set this up in the lounge of my office for some morale boosting (and personal play time). Also because I don't have room in my apartment.

https://www.rakuten.com/shop/gamercandy ... 221025172/

[img]https://tshop.r10s.com/954/3f6/f30a/07b ... 889ca7.jpg[/img]
I wonder if these can be modified like the NES mini and Playstation mini can, to play thousands of games across hundreds of systems.
As far as I know, the actual hardware unit can't be modded and is kind of built in to the LCD display. However, people have been modding these with raspberry pi boards relatively easily (including using the built-in LCD, which is actually of decent quality from what I've read), as well as swapping out the other hardware (controllers) with no issue. You just have to re-solder the pieces, and now I think they're even making replacement pieces that require no soldering whatsoever such as a particular replacement spinner for use with Tempest and the like.

There are other cabinets out there that come with the actual wooden cabinet at a scaled down size, but not necessarily the hardware (both the system hardware and the controller) or the screen, however this unit (and the other variations of it) is the only affordable one that can just be assembled and played with no extra steps required.

I mean, these things weigh 65 lbs versus 400+ for the real deal, and cost anywhere between 1/5-1/10 the price. That's on top of taking up a lot less physical space while still being sized large enough for a 6'1" human like myself to enjoy. Obviously I'll report back once it arrives and I set it up :D
Scruffy believes in this forum
quincas
MoT Member

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2018 NON watch items

Post by quincas »

flypanam wrote:
I mean, these things weigh 65 lbs versus 400+ for the real deal, and cost anywhere between 1/5-1/10 the price. That's on top of taking up a lot less physical space while still being sized large enough for a 6'1" human like myself to enjoy. Obviously I'll report back once it arrives and I set it up :D
65lbs?? Hmm... Do you suppose they offer free international shipping? [emoji2957]
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

quincas wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 pm
flypanam wrote:
65lbs?? Hmm... Do you suppose they offer free international shipping? [emoji2957]
They're sold by a huge number of international retailers, including Best Buy, Target, Walmart, etc. I know they're available in Canada. And I'm pretty sure I read that they're sold in Europe. No dice for other regions.

Since you're assembling it yourself (all you need is a phillips head screwdriver), it comes in a surprisingly compact shipping box:

[img]http://www.ausretrogamer.com/wp-content ... ge_001.png[/img]
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

[quote=flypanam post_id=12064 time=1551920098 user_id=81]
Just did something super irresponsible and ordered this 3/4 scale 12-in-1 arcade cabinet on Rakuten with the 15% off code!

These are the games of my childhood.

-----------------

You mean you didn't shoot craps? What kind of lost childhood was that?
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Just stopped by my local Walmart to check out the build quality of the cabinets. They had an asteroids unit set up and I ended up spending 20 minutes playing around. I just couldn't help myself.

Aside from the excess wear on the control board surface (which is a known issue and the company now makes plexiglass protectors), the whole cabinet was incredibly solid in terms of quality. I wobbled it around a bit and there was no give. The screen was very vibrant, even considering the pretty simple vector graphics. The buttons felt just like arcade buttons. My only complaint is that the spinner unit for Tempest is very light and cheap feeling, which is a known issue, but it worked just fine for me, even on the obviously abused store display unit.

The reason I'm posting this is not just to gloat about having purchased one and talk about the quality. There's a veritable deal to be had!

These things are $299 MSRP (except the deluxe unit I got which is $399 which included 12 games and a riser). Most places like Best Buy and Target are still selling at full price. At both Walmart.com, as well as in-store (at least my local store) you can score both the Caterpillar and Asteroids cabinets for a 23-24% discount from MSRP.

Caterpillar comes with the namesake game, the sequel Millipede, Missile Command, and Crystal Castles. $229

[img]https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/ad06a3 ... nBg=ffffff[/img]

Asteroids comes with the namesake game, Major Havoc, Lunar Lander, and Tempest. $229

[img]https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/bac331 ... nBg=ffffff[/img]

Either can be purchased as a package with the riser so you can play standing up, for $249.

You can also score Street Fighter II (which comes with the Championship Edition, Super SFII, and SSFII: Turbo) for $249 without riser.

[img]https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/945e5e ... nBg=ffffff[/img]

Also, note the 5% cash back with eBates on videogames, electronics, and toys (don't know which one this falls under, but it's gotta be one of them).

I'm seriously tempted by Street Fighter at this point, and they have Mortal Kombat and several other new cabinets coming out this spring as well :D

And unless anyone has any other questions, that's the last of these arcade posts i swear :P
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

On another note, got a notification through my eBay app. Not sure if targeted or app-specific because it doesn't come up on my eBay homepage on my browser...

10% off all Dell products with code JOY4TECH.

Expires approximately 2 and a half days from time of this posting.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Amazon has up to 50% off the Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Classic for TODAY only (Mon 3/11).

White is normally $199 on sale for $99
Pink, Black, and Amethyst are all on sale for $119
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Crock-Pot has an up to 50% off sale going on for many of their slow and multi-cookers

[img][/img]

There's a lot of options, take a look

https://www.crock-pot.com/sale/?srule=P ... 18&start=0
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Got an email from Harman Kardon that they are selling some refurbished Invoke digital assistants for $40

Retail $200, so $160 in savings

[img][/img]

https://www.harmankardon.com/refurbishe ... efurbished

This smart device is Microsoft Cortana based, so that may or may not be a selling point. Here's a description from the site:

Invoke brings together Harman Kardon’s audio heritage with Cortana by Microsoft, resulting in an elegantly designed, intelligent speaker for the home. Crafted from premium materials, Invoke’s striking metallic speaker cabinet delivers power and projects sound at full 360-degrees, revealing every beautiful detail in your music. At the heart of Invoke is Cortana, your personal digital assistant, helping you stay connected to what’s important. Now you can enhance every moment at home with captivating sound, voice control your music and smart home technology, make and receive hands-free calls with Skype, set and receive reminders seamlessly across your devices, get answers to your questions, and more.
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Certified has a sale on sunglasses

[img][/img]

https://www.certifiedwatchstore.com/acc ... nisex_.htm
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Full disclosure, I own several of this guys playing cards and have backed a prior Kickstarter.
Although honestly, I am probably going to sit this set out.
I figure I might not be the only one into playing cards, so figured I'd share it in the non watch thread.

Steve Minty has just launched a Kickstarter for a new set of playing cards, loosely based on Game of Thrones.
He doesn't say it, but you can easily read between the lines.

You may be familiar with his work, even if you've never heard of him.
He designed a set of playing cards that were featured in the first season of the show, American Gods.

Here's the link to the Kickstarter for Ascension:

Available pledges include either $15 for either the Silver Wolves or Golden Lions deck or $27 if you want both.
A bunch of other levels and options for anyone interested.

[img][/img]
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

An Amex Offer that could be of interest, as basically 50% credit back from Harrys.com razors.
Spend at least $20 and get a $10 statement credit back.

[img][/img]

I use their stuff and like it a lot.
Click Icon To Contact Me

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I don't care for Sprint's mobile service. I had it years ago and quit due to numerous and varied problems. However this Sprint deal is one of the most upvoted posts on Slickdeals and its ending on 4/4/19 so it might be worth sharing here. Basically it is for free unlimited service for a year if you switch to Sprint and bring your own unlocked phone. There may be other stipulations, not sure.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10235008-sprin ... BarV2Algo1

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/f ... Wwod20gCcA
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »