We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

Did you see a great deal on clothing, electronics, gadgets, pens, or almost anything else? Share it here. (Please remember: Firearms not permitted.)
CVP33
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! NON watch items

Post by CVP33 »

RAV power Easter sale. Batteries and hubs and good prices save up to 30% AND 11% rebate from TopCash.

20000mAh 60w nets to $47 after rebate. (I only buy Anker or RavPower after a couple of Amazon no-name-duds)

https://www.ravpower.com/pages/happy-easter-day
64AAD547-70D6-4DE1-B693-1A27C5F74924.jpeg
4613C972-8470-4437-8603-A48B9DDC7E4B.jpeg
CDDAFCFC-B150-415E-951B-C02E9DB1482B.jpeg
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Deal on Apple MacBook Air at Amazon: $799.99. That's 20% off the usual price.

Another 5% off if you use the Amazon credit card from Chase.

1 day shipping.

Screen Shot 2023-04-07 at 2.43.20 PM.png

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

I'll spare the backstory and just say I recently wanted to start monitoring my blood sugar. Naturally I started searching the web and found many options. After sifting through them I had to laugh, because the best rated name brand OTC tester was at my local Walmart.

What makes this is a deal is that while Walmart (and probably other pharmacies) will sell you a legit full kit for $20, many rando 3rd party sellers on Amazon will gladly charge you more. In addition, the Walmart kit includes the lancing device and lances, which wasn't obvious at all from its online listing.

Ascensia Contour Next ONE (slaves to strange product naming?)
Product review here.
Sold at Walmart by Walmart:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/CONTOUR-NEXT ... 1545474442

Above kit includes their own lancing device + 20 lances (mine did, anyhow, to my surprise). Looks like this but w/o the packaging:

What it doesn't include is control solution, which you use to test the meter and the strips (if you suspect they've gone bad -- guess they're sensitive). I wanted to buy from someplace that would have handled it appropriately and not sell me something out of date. Shipped, these guys are the same price as other anonymous "third parties":

https://www.adwdiabetes.com/product/769 ... l-solution

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:08 am I'll spare the backstory and just say I recently wanted to start monitoring my blood sugar. Naturally I started searching the web and found many options. After sifting through them I had to laugh, because the best rated name brand OTC tester was at my local Walmart.

What makes this is a deal is that while Walmart (and probably other pharmacies) will sell you a legit full kit for $20, many rando 3rd party sellers on Amazon will gladly charge you more. In addition, the Walmart kit includes the lancing device and lances, which wasn't obvious at all from its online listing.

Product review here.

Above kit includes their own lancing device + 20 lances (mine did, anyhow, to my surprise). Looks like this but w/o the packaging:

What it doesn't include is control solution, which you use to test the meter and the strips (if you suspect they've gone bad -- guess they're sensitive). I wanted to buy from someplace that would have handled it appropriately and not sell me something out of date. Shipped, these guys are the same price as other anonymous "third parties":

I've been a diabetic for 12+ years, if you've had an official diagnosis, welcome to the "club". 8-)

That's a good device, I've had it. The downside is the strips. Expensive if you're insurance doesn't cover them. Control solution? Not really necessary, but doesn't hurt having it.

Walmart sells a brand of meter and strips (Relion) that are quite inexpensive and in my experience, work just as well as the "big name" systems I've had.

It's too late since you've made the purchases but talk to your endocrinologist/primary. They'll be able to prescribe a machine/strips that your insurance covers. Again, moot since you've already made a purchase, so in that case talk to them about a Constant Glucose Monitor. A sensor on your arm twice a month and an app on your phone. Keep the finger poke machine for a back up.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

MoT wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:00 pm
BostonCharlie wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:08 am I'll spare the backstory and just say I recently wanted to start monitoring my blood sugar. Naturally I started searching the web and found many options. After sifting through them I had to laugh, because the best rated name brand OTC tester was at my local Walmart.

Product review here.

I've been a diabetic for 12+ years, if you've had an official diagnosis, welcome to the "club". 8-)

That's a good device, I've had it. The downside is the strips. Expensive if you're insurance doesn't cover them. Control solution? Not really necessary, but doesn't hurt having it.

Walmart sells a brand of meter and strips (Relion) that are quite inexpensive and in my experience, work just as well as the "big name" systems I've had.

It's too late since you've made the purchases but talk to your endocrinologist/primary. They'll be able to prescribe a machine/strips that your insurance covers. Again, moot since you've already made a purchase, so in that case talk to them about a Constant Glucose Monitor. A sensor on your arm twice a month and an app on your phone. Keep the finger poke machine for a back up.
Thanks for the insider tips!
bobusa
MoT Member

Post by bobusa »

MoT wrote:

Product review here.

Isn’t type-2 diabetes reversible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

MoT forum people are good, helpful people!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

bobusa wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:21 pm
MoT wrote:

Product review here.

Isn’t type-2 diabetes reversible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not completely, and not everyone. Depending on how long a person has gone undiagnosed and if there are other comorbidities, they may always be on medication(s). For others, it can be managed with lifestyle and diet. However, it is a progressive disease and for many, there will come a time when medication is necessary.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Halaku
MoT Member

Post by Halaku »

MoT wrote:

Product review here.

The arm sensor and app are the most convenient and easy to use , but it comes with a catch, insurance will only cover it if you take insulin twice a day or more . At least thats what my mom’s insurance says . An excellent book i found of great help was .. The End of Diabetes by Joel Fuhrman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Halaku wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:49 am
MoT wrote:

Product review here.

The arm sensor and app are the most convenient and easy to use , but it comes with a catch, insurance will only cover it if you take insulin twice a day or more . At least thats what my mom’s insurance says . An excellent book i found of great help was .. The End of Diabetes by Joel Fuhrman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's always a good idea for a person to check with their insurance about coverage. Mine does cover the CGM without being on insulin, but I know many do not.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Well here’s an oddball item…until you need it. My digital caliper arrived today and it’s a solid piece. Very good construction, stainless steel and at $17.50 after coupon its a bargain.

Digital Caliper, HARDELL 6 Inch Stainless Steel Calipers Measuring Tool with Large LCD Screen, Electronic Vernier Caliper Micrometer with Ruler, Auto-Off Feature, Inch/Millimeter Conversion, Orange https://a.co/d/hWgVExJQ
62E814E6-4B11-4AB3-B081-4914D6D0C0F8.jpeg
8DCDBCEF-3581-4823-B155-B1569BF714B7.jpeg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Good deal on gift cards from Chili's.
Today only.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

TurtleWax Deal again. - > https://www.turtlewax.com/

MAY20 = 20% OFF / spend over $20 get free shipping.

Hidden gem is their Graphene Tire Shine.

$36 Buy 3
$28.80 after code MAY20
- $9 eBate
- $2.12 TopCash 7.35% rebate

$17.68 for 3 or $5.89ea.
E0C40C8E-5A7E-49BA-A9A5-9243D848E9D6.jpeg
00BFC306-CAC8-40F0-BC15-5A6A0DE5E670.jpeg
E80C4259-D241-439A-B665-1AC53CBE0D7D.jpeg
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

PSA for new members to check rebate sites before you pull the trigger and buy. Over $4,500 for me and this doesn’t include my SlickDeals, DiscoverCard cashback, Kohls cash and Amazon 5% credit card. Altogether well over $5,000.

I’ve also had a PayPal account for nearly 20 years and never paid interest on the free financing and an eBay account, also 22 years and used to have a ton of eBay cash rewards back in the day.
B9B035A2-2E33-4B0D-9C68-8C0DD22AFB67.jpeg
5F64F6F1-FC86-4009-AB3D-F97624D760BF.jpeg
8817089E-2C79-40B9-A610-234033BB21F1.jpeg
B6165712-6D70-4257-A91E-6829F4D2186C.jpeg
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

Great little massage gun. Reg. $69.99 and sale $19.98 w/coupon

I have this model in C/F and love it:
- Travel case
- 6 heads