MoT's Watch Deal Forum is the resource for watch and watch accessory deals sourced by enthusiasts like you. Click here to join today, and once logged in you'll be able to take part in great discussion and camaraderie about the hobby you love.

As a reminder, even though MoT's is a free site, we do rely on and accept donations to keep the lights on. These are completely voluntary and there is no obligation. Any donations go directly towards site operations and are greatly appreciated. Click here to donate today.

Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
watchpalooza
Has liked: 912 times
Been liked: 989 times

Re: Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Post by watchpalooza » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:22 am

ILiveOnWacker wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:52 pm
watchpalooza wrote:
EA-Sports wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:12 pm

I had the same issue when trying to tuck the end under the spring bar with the old hardware. I was hoping the new hardware would solve this problem and I wouldn’t need to tuck the end under the spring bar and I can trim the end so it’s not too long. We’ll find out in a few days when I receive the new hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely solved with the new buckle. It is not necessary to tuck under the spring bar...I just did it to get it out of the way until I am sure I want to keep it on this watch and commit to cutting off the extra length.
Thanks for the pics. When you cut it, do you need to burn the edges so they don’t fray? Or will that light the whole thing on fire!?

They will fray if not burned, but burn with care as they are very flamable.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
ILiveOnWacker
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by ILiveOnWacker » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:31 am

I got my buckles yesterday and Sofie three in a tropic strap which was nice of her.

The new buckles defiantly work, almost too well. It’s hard to adjust them on the go. I have to take the watch off and it takes a few minutes to adjust it.

I ended up putting the original buckle close to the lug to use as a keeper. I think that works well.

These users liked the author ILiveOnWacker for the post (total 2):
SporkboyManOnTime
ManOnTime
Site Admin
Has liked: 272 times
Been liked: 1096 times

Post by ManOnTime » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:12 pm

ILiveOnWacker wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:31 am
I got my buckles yesterday and Sofie three in a tropic strap which was nice of her.
Same here. She's definitely earned my repeat business.

Somehow my package was diverted to Canada first. :lol:
Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

'You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.' - Ray Bradbury
'Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of debate, discussion, and dissent.' - H.H.H.
cheddar
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by cheddar » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:43 pm

Got mine today and it solved the issue nicely (and the tropic strap was a nice gesture).
These users liked the author cheddar for the post:
watchpalooza
yinzburgher
Has liked: 799 times
Been liked: 796 times

Post by yinzburgher » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:32 pm

It looks like CNS now has "paratrooper" straps available with black hardware. Maybe it has been available for a while but I think this is the first I've noticed it. Also, all of the photos now show straps with the updated "no-slip" hardware.

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/coll ... descending
EA-Sports
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by EA-Sports » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:54 pm

yinzburgher wrote:It looks like CNS now has "paratrooper" straps available with black hardware. Maybe it has been available for a while but I think this is the first I've noticed it. Also, all of the photos now show straps with the updated "no-slip" hardware.

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/coll ... descending
The instructional video is still using the old hardware though.

Sporkboy
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 564 times

Post by Sporkboy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:31 am

ImageMy replacement hardware came in and it does work, but not without minor issues. Doubtless it holds tight and isn't going anywhere, so that part is solved. The problem is that the new hardware is 2mm narrower than the original. That means that it pinches the strap (not that big of a deal, it just looks a little sloppy) and also has a mismatch between the hook part and the loop part to the tune of being 2mm too tight. Did anyone get appropriately sized hardware or is it all just slightly too small?

That means that the hook can't sit cleanly and may rub oddly on the loop part. I have notified Sofie about this for consideration in the next hardware revision.
ClaspAskew.jpg
I also noticed how the direction of the brushing was also different on the hook and loop. Does it affect function? No. Does it bother me? A little bit.
BrushingClash.jpg
Easy enough to fix, but the little extra details are what sets products apart from the rest. This product is almost there and I feel that with a little bit of community Beta testing that it would have been a much smoother product rollout. I also pitched the idea of such a Beta program to Sofie and let her know about the brushing.
Sporkboy
Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 564 times

Post by Sporkboy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:51 am

I heard a response from CNS and they appreciated the detailed feedback and seemed I interested in the idea of a Beta program going forward, so we will see where that goes.

Of course, I mentioned a place I know on the inter webs where high quality testers might be sourced;)
These users liked the author Sporkboy for the post (total 2):
ManOnTimewatchpalooza