As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Add your canvas strap pics

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Add your canvas strap pics

Post by yinzburgher »

Finally found a use for those canvas straps from the thread last year. Super cheap shipped from Chinese eBay sellers. I like the desert camo with the Hammy hand winder. Feel free to post any pics you have of your canvas straps. Or links to canvas straps you like. I think I bought mine from the seller below but there are plenty of sellers that have them listed. Surprising good for a crazy low price.

ON EBAY

ON ALIEXPRESS

Last edited by yinzburgher on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Re: Add your canvas strap pics

Post by uvalaw2005 »

These are all from RedRockStraps:

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

uvalaw2005 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:06 pm These are all from RedRockStraps:
Those look great! Especially love the Damasko paired with that strap. Is this where you got them?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RedRockStraps
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

yinzburgher wrote:Those look great! Especially love the Damasko paired with that strap. Is this where you got them?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/RedRockStraps
Yes.

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

$100 for a canvas strap?!? Wow.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Another cheap one but I paid about 10 times the price for this one as my eBay Chinese specials. I definitely like it but I'm not sure its 10 times as good. This one is from a company called Marco Pallini. Once again I found it on eBay. I wish these were available in more colors.
ImageImage
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I still have a hard time believing how good these straps are for the money. They are thicker than my Barton straps and don't need that break-in time to soften up. I've heard some good things about Helm canvas straps and may pic one up eventually. I would probably just stick with these but they are limited to only 4 colors and 2 of them are camo.

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

yinzburgher wrote:I still have a hard time believing how good these straps are for the money. They are thicker than my Barton straps and don't need that break-in time to soften up. I've heard some good things about Helm canvas straps and may pic one up eventually. I would probably just stick with these but they are limited to only 4 colors and 2 of them are camo.

I've got one of those from Ali Express that was sub $3. Currently working with a wire brush to experiment with a touch of distressing. Just soaked it and went over it for a minute or so a side. More on the 6 o'clock side.

Will probably order a black one.

Only two complaints are about the holes. Their widely spaced and I'm kind of between two holes. I also wonder it the grommets will eventually fall out.

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

AndyS wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:00 pm
yinzburgher wrote:I still have a hard time believing how good these straps are for the money. They are thicker than my Barton straps and don't need that break-in time to soften up. I've heard some good things about Helm canvas straps and may pic one up eventually. I would probably just stick with these but they are limited to only 4 colors and 2 of them are camo.

I've got one of those from Ali Express that was sub $3. Currently working with a wire brush to experiment with a touch of distressing. Just soaked it and went over it for a minute or so a side. More on the 6 o'clock side.

Will probably order a black one.

Only two complaints are about the holes. Their widely spaced and I'm kind of between two holes. I also wonder it the grommets will eventually fall out.

Yea, I order a whole bunch of them from ebay back when they were a little over $1. They have far exceeded my expectations for the price. The holes work out fine for me although I'm pretty much always in favor of closer together. The grommets on the 2 straps that I wear were not perfect to begin with, yet they have managed hold up just fine. I didn't occur to me to mechanically distress mine but just the other day I was thinking of spraying one of the black ones with household bleach to see how it turns out. I'll post it here if I do that. I like that blue with the white dial btw. 👌
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:28 pmI like that blue with the white dial btw. 👌
Thanks. It's got a blue second hand and some of the text, too.
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

I just checked, and these are ~$1.20 (depending on size and color) on Ali Express right now. $.61 shipping.

Link
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

AndyS wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:09 pm I just checked, and these are ~$1.20 (depending on size and color) on Ali Express right now. $.61 shipping.

Link
This will be my first Ali Express purchase. Getting 2 blue and a black.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Boourns wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:03 am
AndyS wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:09 pm I just checked, and these are ~$1.20 (depending on size and color) on Ali Express right now. $.61 shipping.

Link
Post back in a month when they show up :)
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

AndyS wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Link
I got the $2 new customer coupon so three straps for $2 and change is worth the wait.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Boourns wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:08 pm
AndyS wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:43 pm

I got the $2 new customer coupon so three straps for $2 and change is worth the wait.
Agreed. I have bought way too many straps from Ali Express. My win rate for quality stuff is relatively high. Some of the NATO's are top notch, and I love the stretch single pass NATOs that I bet are the same as the BluShark Pajama Straps.

I just write off the few that were junk and figure it all averages out.