We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Strapco Oris Aquis rubber straps.

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Strapco Oris Aquis rubber straps.

Post by NapoleonDynamite »

Hi everyone,

Can anyone confirm if these are cut to size?

https://strapsco.com/product/rubber-str ... lors=Black

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Strapco Oris Aquis rubber straps.

Post by yinzburgher »

[mention]NapoleonDynamite[/mention], I don't have any experience with these exact straps. Not only that, but I can't find a single thing posted about them online. No reviews on the site either, which makes me wonder if they are new for Strapsco. They are also available from StrapCo's ebay store and they are similar to some of the inexpensive rubber straps that have been available for years on ebay HERE. I have bought and used straps very similar to this except they were for watches with conventional lugs. They are not pre-cut to size. If you look closely you can see that there are small holes running horizontally within the strap. That is so you can size it yourself and move the spring pin to that hole. You just use scissors or a razor to cut it to size right next to the appropriate hole. Then you move the spring pin from the clasp to that hole and re-attach the strap to the clasp. Then do the same for the other side. You probably want to size it a bit on the loose side and then use micro-adjust to fine-tune it. Hopefully the explanation makes sense. But if not, let me know. The straps that I have used are soft and comfortable but they pick up a lot of dust. These look similar but I can't be certain. AliExpress also has this type but they have a few other kinds as well. LINK HERE.
NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

I heard back from Strapco. They've confirmed they are ones you cut to size. Order placed!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Just a heads up. I do not recommend these straps. The rubber is too soft, as a result causes the rubber at the lugs to bend up, due to integrated lugs.

I've provided Strapco the feedback.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk