We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Seilaleather straps (Etsy retailer) - Great handmade straps for a great price

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
tnmats
MoT Member

Seilaleather straps (Etsy retailer) - Great handmade straps for a great price

Post by tnmats »

I recently bought an Horween Dublin English Tan leather strap to go with my Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium (green dial) watch from Seilaleather on Etsy. The store is run by Eleazar Barba in Seattle, He hand makes all of the straps he sells, most are made of Horween leather and the prices are fantastic as is the product, they range from $50-70. He also does custom changes at your request with the basic designs he sells.

I had previous experience with Seila Leather via a used watch purchase, the seller threw in a leather strap with the sale that was stamped "Seila" with the logo on the Etsy site on the back of the strap. It didn't go with the watch he sold me but worked wonderfully with some field watches I own. The strap is now on a Seiko baby Alpinist and conforms to my wrist perfectly, it was so comfy I promised myself to get one of this maker's straps with my next watch purchase.

The one in particular I got is this one

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1224584109 ... ng_details

At my request he made the 20mm strap with a 2mm taper instead of the typical 4mm he uses.

The strap was so supple out of the box it conformed to my wrist immediately. I've had plenty of straps that cost more and took weeks to break in, I never owned one that took just minutes. I develop discomfort in my wrist after wrist surgery about 7 yrs. ago if I wear a watch snuggly. This strap though is so supple I can wear it on the snug size with zero discomfort (my two Seila straps are the only ones in my collection that I can do that).

The color was just as in the pictures, communications with Eleazar was fast and I got my strap within 10 days of ordering it. His straps are a steal for the quality. You get a semi-custom made strap using top quality US-sourced leather and made in the US at a ready-made price

The strap he made is in the picture below:
1.jpg
Last edited by tnmats on Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Seilaleather straps (Etsy retailer) - Great handmade straps for a great price

Post by TheJohnP »

Thanks for the review and sharing the information about Seila.
I will definitely check them out.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find