We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Review: ZLIMSN leather strap, extra buckle

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Review: ZLIMSN leather strap, extra buckle

Post by BostonCharlie »

I ordered this low-price, 22mm leather strap and an extra, stainless steel, black "plated" buckle from a Hong Kong company called ZLIMSN. I ordered them through eBay, where they have a seller account by the same name. I liked that they seem to specialize in straps and bracelets, that their listings had lots of photos and details, and that their designs show some variety and creativity.

The price was $11.69 incl. free shipping for the strap. The buckle was $5.09 incl. shipping. I like those prices. I ordered them on 3/9, and they arrived 3/21. The packaging was good. It included a packet of four spring bars plus a little tool. Actually, it included two of these packets -- one for each item, I guess.

I don't know anything about leather, but the finish on the tops feels porous -- on the bottoms it feels more sealed. They are 3-4mm thick but quite flexible. I expect that they will quickly become distressed, but that could fit the look. The long piece is 130mm, the small is 80mm -- side by side with other watches on straps, it looks long (maybe too long -- I have a 6.75" wrist). A couple of the stitches on the small piece look twisted in a way that breaks the uniformity of the stitching -- not a big deal, but just something I noticed. The separate strap keeper has a dark patch on it -- I don't think I did that. The spring bar channels are lined with rigid cylinders.

The strap's buckle is huge (33mm wide peak to peak). Its brushed finish is good, although there are a couple tiny scratches on one of the arms (you can see them in one of the photos, below). The extra buckle is satisfactory. Compared to the buckle on my Fossil strap, it shows less detail and less care in the finishing, but I can't find any real fault with it. I hope the black finish holds up. Neither of the buckles have drilled holes for removing the spring bar.

For the price, I like it. I hope it isn't too big for the watch I got it for.

On to the photos. Yes, it is a strange strap. I have a green watch I actually think it will go with -- we'll see.
IMG_3140.JPG
IMG_3141.JPG
If you click to see this photo full size, you can see the little scratches on the right arm of the silver buckle:
IMG_3144.JPG
IMG_3145.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG
Here is the eBay listing for the strap.

Here is the eBay listing for the buckle.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: Review: ZLIMSN leather strap, extra buckle

Post by BostonCharlie »

Preparing to swap the black Z buckle (left) for the silver Fossil buckle (right), the difference in quality is apparent, even down to the spring bars.
IMG_3148.JPG