We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Post by yinzburgher »

I got an email from Cheapest NATO Straps with information that the newly developed "Paratrooper" straps are now in stock. There appear to be 14 different color variations available and all come in both 20mm and 22mm sizes. The price is $9.95 per strap. As always you can use the code MANONTIME for 15% off. And you can get 20% off with the code 20 if ordering 5 straps or more. Unfortunately a couple months ago they took away the ability to stack these two discounts. But with the low price of these straps it is really tough to complain about that. The CNS NATOs I have are definitely good quality for the price so I'm guessing these will be too. I'm probably going to buy some of these eventually but I'm sure someone will beat me to it. So if anyone gets their hands on these, please leave your impressions or a mini-review here.

LINK TO THE CNS PARATROOPER STRAPS HERE

Last edited by yinzburgher on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Paratrooper straps from Cheapest NATO Straps

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:01 pm I got an email from Cheapest NATO Straps with information that the newly developed "Paratrooper" straps are now in stock. There appear to be 14 different color variations available and all come in both 20mm and 22mm sizes. The price is $9.95 per strap. As always you can use the code MANONTIME for 15% off. And you can get 20% off with the code 20 if ordering 5 straps or more. Unfortunately a couple months ago they took away the ability to stack these two discounts. But with the low price of these straps it is really tough to complain about that. The CNS NATOs I have are definitely good quality for the price so I'm guessing these will be too. I'm probably going to buy some of these eventually but I'm sure someone will beat me to it. So if anyone gets there hands one these, please leave your impressions or a mini-review here.
6 new straps on the way...
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Very interested to see how these compare.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Klaatu3
MoT Member

Post by Klaatu3 »

I just ordered one and will post thoughts here after I get it. Also thanks to Tsarli for the heads-up on their availability in the HUISABH thread. I was just looking at the site yesterday and they were still "coming soon!"
- Klaatu3

"I don't have time to set all these &%#* watches!"
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Sweet. I have been curious about this style. That Bond style was screaming at me. No self control.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

One on the way, plus a couple of other clearance straps.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

Watch the video on the SEAL strap. That's a lot of work to put on a watch!

Will be interested in opinions on the parachute straps, though.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

AndyS wrote:Watch the video on the SEAL strap. That's a lot of work to put on a watch!

Will be interested in opinions on the parachute straps, though.
Never mind the SEAL strap, how do you get one of the CNS microfiber cloths shown in the video?
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

I guess the straps come from same suppliers of China on Aliexpress or ebay, as some other CNS NATOs. For that low price, it's worth trying. I will definitely. Looking forward to the reviews.
NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Post by NapoleonDynamite »

Keen to see what the quality is like guys. Watching this thread.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Looks like WatchGecko is getting in on the faux-MN action too. Theirs appear to be virtually identical to Erika's at about half the price, albeit in a one-size-fits-all configuration. If it's true that she has a patent on the design, these would seem to violate it.

https://www.watchgecko.com/french-style ... -zuludiver

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201905 ... fbcc2a.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my desk using a #2 pencil

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

larand wrote:Looks like WatchGecko is getting in on the faux-MN action too. Theirs appear to be virtually identical to Erika's at about half the price, albeit in a one-size-fits-all configuration. If it's true that she has a patent on the design, these would seem to violate it.

https://www.watchgecko.com/french-style ... -zuludiver

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201905 ... fbcc2a.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my desk using a #2 pencil
I may have some details wrong, so please forgive me as I try to sum up the gist of it. It was revealed in a WUS thread that there is actually no patent on the design. My understanding is that the claim is to what equates roughly to a copyright on the Erika’s Originals name. Short of claiming that that a vendor is selling EO products, these guys should be OK.

My understanding is surely somehow flawed, but when pressed to produce the patent there was no patent available IIRC. I will try to find that thread if I can.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

[URL][https://forums.watchuseek.com/f222/do-e ... ?amp=1/URL]
Post 726 of the above thread includes the relevant documents. It turns out so was quite off in my original response.

It isn’t a patent, but a design registration. Lots of chatter on this thread, so take from it what you will.
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Sporkboy wrote:[URL][https://forums.watchuseek.com/f222/do-e ... ?amp=1/URL]
Post 726 of the above thread includes the relevant documents. It turns out so was quite off in my original response.

It isn’t a patent, but a design registration. Lots of chatter on this thread, so take from it what you will.
I think the takeaway here is that lawyers will make some money before it's all over.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

These just arrived (the leather one on my Seamaster already). First impression is positive. They are a bit thinner than some of my other Natos, which should make them a better fit for some of my vintage watches where lug gap is minimal. They are also quite elastic / stretchy, which Imdid not expect, but that is not a bad thing. The overall quality of the buckle and stitching is very good. These appear to be well-made and should wear comfortably....off to try them out.

Edit: After trying one on, I can add the following:

1) Technically these are zulu straps and not natos as they have no extra loop
2) They are insanely long...not sure who will need then that long. Almost like they were intended to be natos but they forgot the loop.
3) They wear quite comfortably and the buckle is solid with no flex
4) They will loosen and eventually fail with rigorous activity...not as good as a true nato.

The two jubilee bands on the left are also of decent quality. They are also pretty thin, but sturdy...and they are not elastic, but have a wonderful texture.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr