We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Watch Steward strap comments

Discussion area for watch straps, boxes, winders and other accessories.
Animal Mother
MoT Member

Watch Steward strap comments

Post by Animal Mother »

As promised, Here are my views on the Watch Steward version of the MN strap.

I bought a cadet grey from the "Original Series" of straps. I've fitted it to my Glycine Airman "The Chief" as I knew it looked good from other owners of that watch and strap combo. This one: https://www.thewatchsteward.com/store/p ... _22mm.html

I also own an Erica's Originals MN strap and a cheap AliExpress version of the same style of strap.

My EO MN strap fitted to my bronze Davosa:
IMG_4654.JPG
IMG_4653.JPG
My cheapie MN strap fitted to my Eco-Drive:
IMG_4755.JPG
IMG_4756.JPG
IMG_4757.JPG
This is the Watch Steward on my Glycine, it looks good, matches the watch nicely, but I'm not impressed:
IMG_4824.JPG
IMG_4825.JPG
IMG_4826.JPG
The Watch Steward strap is cheaper than the EO strap, however, the material feels like it's lower quality, the logo just looks cheap, I don't like how it attaches to the watch, It's awkward to put the watch on with this strap as the whole strap moves around too much. I'm quite paranoid when trying to put this watch on now as the metal buckles move around a lot, and could easily scratch the watch or crystal (this has a poly crystal). I had to take a needle file to the metalwork as there were still many edges sharper than I'd like. Additionally, the stitching appears to be of a lower quality with few stitches per inch.

In conclusion, I wouldn't buy another Watch Steward strap. Yes, EO straps are very expensive compared to these straps, however, their quality speaks for themselves I think. The AliExpress option is perfect if you want to try out an MN strap for the feel, fit and function. As for the Watch Steward original, unfortunately, I'd say avoid. It still looks really good with my Glycine though (although leather will be gracing that watch again shortly).
vta_watch
MoT Member

Re: Watch Steward strap comments

Post by vta_watch »

Thanks for the review. I can pretty much vouch for the truth of everything you've said. I don't regret buying one, because it does work OK for what it was purchased for, but the next straps I buy will be from Erika.

One thing I'll mention is that I ended up with a triple thickness of strap on the bottom due to the design, which negates the advantage of not having anything under the watch head itself, and feels bulky.

Just my 2¢ worth—as always, YMMV.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

Animal Mother
MoT Member

Re: Watch Steward strap comments

Post by Animal Mother »

larand wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:06 pm Thanks for the review. I can pretty much vouch for the truth of everything you've said. I don't regret buying one, because it does work OK for what it was purchased for, but the next straps I buy will be from Erika.

One thing I'll mention is that I ended up with a triple thickness of strap on the bottom due to the design, which negates the advantage of not having anything under the watch head itself, and feels bulky.

Just my 2¢ worth—as always, YMMV.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.
Agree 100%. That extra thickness of strap on the inside of the wrist, which moves about too, is quite annoying.