We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SOLD: Mercer Airfoil ($325/OBO)

Watches and watch accessories for sale or trade by members.
faigenistic
Has thanked: 0

SOLD: Mercer Airfoil ($325/OBO)

Post by faigenistic »

Up for sale is my Mercer Airfoil. This watch is No. 149/200 of the original run of Mercer’s flagship watch and this black dial variant is no longer in production.

This is a fantastic watch, but it has to go as it simply does not get enough wrist time.

Specs:
Specs and basic description (mostly from Mercer's website and other reviews):

Assembled in America
• 40mm 316L RUGGEDIZED stainless steel case
• Approximately 11mm thick
• 47-48mm lug tip to lug tip (based on a very crude measurement I did using my cell phone)
• Double domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
• Sellita SW200-1 26 jewel automatic movement

o I would note that the watch was serviced by the owner of Mercer himself in April 2018 and the stock Sellita SW200-1 was replaced with an in-house regulated STP 1-11 movement. The watch has been running in tip-top shape since then and I personally prefer the STP 1-11 movement personally as it is much nicer to look at through the case back!
Matte black dial with SuperLuminova BG W9, with matching white-on-black date wheel at 6 o'clock
• Sapphire case back
• Embossed screw down crown
• 100 meter water resistance
• 2 year limited warranty
• RRP $799 US

When I purchased the watch, I based my decision on an initial impressions review done by another which gives you the basics about the watch:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/merce ... 28306.html.

The watch was also reviewed on ablogtowatch: https://www.ablogtowatch.com/mercer-...-watch-review/

I have to agree with the reviewer, Brett Harmon:
After having the watch for many months, I can say that the fit and finish looks and feels like one that you wouldn't immediately guess is in the sub-$1,000 range. The refinement along with the sheer ruggedness of the case, as evident by being able to withstand everyday wear and tear and maintain its handsome looks, is great. That is especially so when you consider that even this investment of money is more than a lot of people would spend on something like a wristwatch. You can wear the Mercer Airfoil day in and day out and it's no worse for wear.

There are a few really special things about the Airfoil. First of all, it wears spectacularly! The crown is uber-smooth-winding. Its mirror-polished indices catch the light when it's mostly dark with just a bit of non-point-source light. They almost light up like a fire. It's really gorgeous. And then there's the "ruggedized" case. Mercer has used the same, or a similar, process to Sinn and Damasko's for increasing the strength of the stainless steel. The Airfoil's case is "ruggedized" to 1200 vickers, 7 times as hard as a regular 316L stainless steel. Mercer has previously posted a video of an attempt to scratch the case and it's pretty impressive.

Because of all the quality materials, I would rate this watch as a solid 8.5 out of 10. The case has no marks except for a few minor on the case back and lugs from strap changes which are hard to see and I’ve included a picture for reference. The crystal has no marks. The rear crystal has no marks. The watch will ship with the hang tag and inner and outer box, and manual.

I'm asking $325 OBO, payment via PayPal or Venmo and shipped in the U.S. via USPS priority mail. I no longer have the stock strap, but I will include both straps shown in the pics for this price: a black Watchgecko leather strap and a Bark & Jack black nylon NATO.

I have positive feedback as a buyer on WUS: Watchuseek: Faigenistic Feedback

I'd prefer not to ship internationally, but if you're interested, contact me and we might be able to work something out.

PM with questions or offers (all offers considered) and thanks for looking!
Last edited by faigenistic on Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 10 times in total.
faigenistic

Re: [FS] - Mercer Airfoil ($450/OBO)

Post by faigenistic »

i will post another photo when i get home shortly with a time stap and seller name! my apologies!
faigenistic

Post by faigenistic »

bump

all offers considered
faigenistic

Post by faigenistic »

bump

$425/OBO - all offers considered!
faigenistic

Re: [FS] - Mercer Airfoil ($400/OBO)

Post by faigenistic »

bump

$400/OBO
faigenistic

Re: [FS] - Mercer Airfoil ($380/OBO)

Post by faigenistic »

bump $380/OBO
faigenistic

Re: [FS] - Mercer Airfoil ($360/OBO)

Post by faigenistic »

Price Drop to $360/OBO

LETS GET THIS GUY SOLD AND TO A GOOD HOME!
faigenistic

Re: FS: Mercer Airfoil ($360/OBO)

Post by faigenistic »

can provide more pictures if wanted - reasonable offers welcome!
faigenistic

Re: FSOT: Mercer Airfoil ($350/OBO)

Post by faigenistic »

price drop to $350. LETS GET THIS GUY SOLD! make me an offer as i got incoming pieces and need to make room!
faigenistic

Re: FSOT: Mercer Airfoil ($325/OBO)

Post by faigenistic »

price drop to $325/OBO - let's find this guy a new home!