We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Summer collection sale! Hamilton, Junghans, Eterna, Bulova, Alpina, DWiss, etc.

Watches and watch accessories for sale or trade by members.
chefo
MoT Member

Summer collection sale! Hamilton, Junghans, Eterna, Bulova, Alpina, DWiss, etc.

Post by chefo »

Thank you for looking.

With permission from our gracious host, I'd like to post several pieces from my personal collection for sale. Everything you see in the box is available for sale. All of the watches are pre-owned. For description of each, please see below. Shipping to USA only. If you really want one shipped overseas, I'll have to create an Ebay listing, so the price will increase by ~15% to account for Ebay and PayPal's fees. No trades.

Description from top-to-bottom and left-to-right:

1.) Junghans Max Bill Bauhaus limited edition (out of 222). Bought earlier this year brand new. Comes with a special edition quartz clock. 38mmx10mm. ETA 2824 automatic. The black band has some minor wear, but the watch case is in pristine condition. Case-back is unique and not the typical exhibition. Worn a couple of days around the house. This watch hasn't seen the light of day outside as of yet. Retail is north of $2K. Asking price for the whole package: $1000+shipping (box is pretty big).

2.) Louis Erard 1931 ultra-thin. There's no mistaking the Lange design influence. The watch is less than 7mm thin, 40mm across and has a semi-skeleton Peseux 7001. Gold PVD case with black leather band. Blued hands. Exhibition case back with a nicely decorated movement. The case has minor discoloration near one of the lugs but is scratch-free and dent-free. Comes with original box. Retail is around $2K. Asking price is $600, including shipping.

3.) Eterna Eternity. Also very thin at less than 9.5mm. 41.5mm across. Stainless steel case with gold PVD bezel and mid-bracelet links. Selitta SW300 automatic (ETA 2892 clone with 25 jewels). Currently sized for a 7'25 inch wrist but will come with spare links. Silver dial with gilt applied indices and hands. Date at 3. Exhibition case back. Bought earlier this year, sized it and have worn it a couple of times around the house. Also not worn outside. Comes with original box. Asking price is $425, including shipping.

4.) Zeppelin LZ139 Automatic. 40mm across and around 11/12mm thick. Brown dial with white accents and subdial. Miyota 9120 with power reserve at 12, date at 3 and 24-hour subdial at 6. Hacking, manually-winding, high-beat, around 40+ hours of power reserve. White hands. Hesalite crystal. I don't actually remember wearing that watch, so it's been sitting in the box ever since I bought it, probably a year or so ago. Comes with original rectangular box. Retail is $550. Asking $285, including shipping.

5.) Hamilton Jazzmaster Slim. 40mm across and 8mm thin. ETA 2892. Comes on an after-market alligator strap and its original Hamilton steel bracelet that is currently sized for my wrist. Incredibly comfortable watch. Applied indices, date at 6, lumed sword hands. Black glossy dial. Excellent case work for such an affordable price, with alternating brushed and polished surfaces. Exhibition case back. Retail is around $1K. Asking $425, including shipping.

6.) DWISS limited edition sports watch (99 made). A well-respected Swiss micro. 40mm by 9mm. 100m water resistance. Style-wise, it's like the offspring of a Bulgari Octo and a Royal Oak. Manually wound Peseux 7001 inside. Black glossy dial. Wore it for a couple of weeks, but overall in great shape with no visible scratches on the case or crystal. Exhibition back. Will come with its original box (and papers, I presume; but I have not looked if they were included) as it was bought from DWISS directly. I have an Ebay listing up for $779, if you prefer to go that route. On here, chop off 10% for $700, shipped. Retail is ~$1K.

7.) San Martin Pilot. 42mm by 11mm(?). Sapphire crystal. Seagull ST-21 based on description by manufacturer. Beautiful blue radiant dial. Will come with the red quick release rubber and the original brown pilot band, which has some wear and frankly is not of the best quality to begin with. Will also come with its original plastic box, which is also nothing to get excited about. The case, on the other hand, is remarkably well finished for a $220 watch. Asking price is $185 shipped, which is about 20% lower than what they were selling these for, and you don't get to wait 2-3 weeks for delivery from China.

8.) CIGA Design. Custom Seagull skeleton movement--some variation of the ST25. Bought this watch because I appreciate micros that actually attempt to follow their own unique design style. Stainless steel. Don't know the dimensions but wears comfortably. You can usually get one on AliExpress for $150-$175, depending on what promos they're running. $125 shipped.

9.) Bulova Moon Watch. Bought from an authorized retailer, but they did not fil out any of the paper work so not sure how warranty would be handled. About a year old. Will come on the red rubber plus original canvas. The rubber is cut to fit my wrist but can be adjusted a bit courtesy of the clasp. This one is the newer polished version with the original Bulova font. 45mm, and wears large, for reference. Bulova/Citizen high beat quartz chronograph. Very unique style (black dial with white hands and indices) and a darling of our affordable community. Barely worn. Bought it to wear when we would go to the Kennedy Space Center... only for us to get holed up at home for 1.5 years. Retail is around $600, I believe. Asking $300, shipped.

10.) Alpina Alpiner 4, the harder to find blue dial. 44mm by 12mm-ish. Bi-directional rotating bezel. Incredible fit and finish for a watch that costs as little as it does. Bought it new in order to use the bracelet for its chronograph sibling. Liked it so much, I kept it. The blue dial is superbly executed and stunning in real life. The watch is anti-magnetic (probably in a Faraday cage), 100M water resistance, screw-down crown. I can attest is survived about 7 feet of water with no ill effects on a ton of occasions :lol:. Applied indices with lume, lumed hands. Large piece and wears larger at over 52mm lug-to-lug. Solid case back. Will come with original box and the sized bracelet with extra links. For reference, I contacted Alpina -- the bracelet alone is $325. Retail is around $1.5K. Asking price is $600 shipped.

The way I'll run this sale is I'll try to get to around $3K of sales. Whatever goes first to get there, goes. If some don't sell, I'll happily keep them around.

Just as a general rule, I baby my watches and they are usually in great cosmetic condition. I usually don't wear pieces for more than a year and hence most of the watches you see are fairly new and in great condition. I've sold well over a hundred watches on Ebay ranging from $50 to $5K+ with a perfect feedback so far. I'm not a business so please understand that these watches are sold As-Is without warranty from me personally and they cannot be returned. The prices as you can see reflect that. Please PM me for details on any piece you might be interested in.
chefo
MoT Member

Re: Summer collection sale! Hamilton, Junghans, Eterna, Bulova, Alpina, DWiss, etc.

Post by chefo »

Back up.

Some changes in the prices:

* Max Bill: $900+shipping
* Louis Erard: $500
* Zeppelin: $245
* DWiss: $600
* Hamilton: $385
* Eterna: $385
* Alpina: $550
* Bulova: $275
chefo
MoT Member

Re: Summer collection sale! Hamilton, Junghans, Eterna, Bulova, Alpina, DWiss, etc.

Post by chefo »

Eterna and DWiss have sold.

The rest are still available as per above.