We're Moving!

Click for more info.

WTB: Flieger Type B

Watches and watch accessory wanted listings by members.
BruceR
MoT Member

WTB: Flieger Type B

Post by BruceR »

I'm looking for an affordable (probably $500 or less) Flieger Type B. I know I can get one from Stowa or Laco but they're priced too high for me at the moment. I'd like the minute and hour hands to go to their corresponding indices. Some cheap Type Bs have ordinary hand lengths. The pic below is close to what I'm looking for--it gets the hands right--but doesn't quite hit the mark. Not sure why. It's selling on eBay right now for $160. I'm open to smaller brands and Seiko or Miyota movements as well as the usual ETAs and Sellitas.
TypeB.JPG
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: WTB: Flieger Type B

Post by TheJohnP »

BruceR wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:33 am I'm looking for an affordable (probably $500 or less) Flieger Type B. I know I can get one from Stowa or Laco but they're priced too high for me at the moment. I'd like the minute and hour hands to go to their corresponding indices. Some cheap Type Bs have ordinary hand lengths. The pic below is close to what I'm looking for--it gets the hands right--but doesn't quite hit the mark. Not sure why. It's selling on eBay right now for $160. I'm open to smaller brands and Seiko or Miyota movements as well as the usual ETAs and Sellitas.

TypeB.JPG
What size are you looking for since those can range from 38mm - 46mm?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:36 am
BruceR wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:33 am I'm looking for an affordable (probably $500 or less) Flieger Type B. I know I can get one from Stowa or Laco but they're priced too high for me at the moment. I'd like the minute and hour hands to go to their corresponding indices. Some cheap Type Bs have ordinary hand lengths. The pic below is close to what I'm looking for--it gets the hands right--but doesn't quite hit the mark. Not sure why. It's selling on eBay right now for $160. I'm open to smaller brands and Seiko or Miyota movements as well as the usual ETAs and Sellitas.

TypeB.JPG
What size are you looking for since those can range from 38mm - 46mm?
I would say 42mm +/- 2mm. Also, since I'm being greedy, bead blasted with an onion or diamond crown. I know, I should splurge and get a Laco Paderborn.
BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

I'm probably going to order this one from Escapement Time at Ali Express, $119.
FliegerB.JPG