We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Timex Expedition WS4

Watches and watch accessory wanted listings by members.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: Timex Expedition WS4

Post by Robotaz »

Sporkboy wrote:
Robotaz wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:The thought of MOT making this forum for deal hunters, posting this, being helped by some of the community and then being beat to the deal by another part of the community makes me very sad and angry.

Is is possible that some random person just happened to buy this that had no clue about this thread at all? That possibility fills me with some less rage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. It’s not possible. A lurker bought it off this forum.

@robotazky
OK, then I am hoping that this lurker did it so they could send it to MOT as a well deserved thank you gift. Failing that, I hope they do the right thing and offer it to MOT at cost. I usually think the worst of people, but for some reason this seems odd here.

Of course You could be 100% correct. In that case is there a HUISABH curse that we could invoke?

People suck. It’s over.

@robotazky
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

I searched for a couple more hours last night, but could not find a deal that was even close. If it was a lurker, I hope they post a pic to the “Show off your new watch thread“.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

FTE wrote:I searched for a couple more hours last night, but could not find a deal that was even close. If it was a lurker, I hope they post a pic to the “Show off your new watch thread“.
We’ll see it on eBay or WUS.

@robotazky
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

FTE wrote:I searched for a couple more hours last night, but could not find a deal that was even close. If it was a lurker, I hope they post a pic to the “Show off your new watch thread“.
That would be a pretty epic fail, but would make me feel better about the situation.

To an earlier comment, yes people do indeed suck. However they are the best and worst of what you will find in this world. While you can see both extremes in this forum, I am thankful that the good far outweighs the bad here. Who knew that jerks were on the internet?

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Thanks to Sporkboy I was able to finally get one. This request is now closed.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Timex Expedition WS4

Post by Sporkboy »

ManOnTime wrote:Thanks to Sporkboy I was able to finally get one. This request is now closed.
It was my pleasure to help find this watch for you. I find myself buying fewer watches now, but the hunt is still fun. The request was for a WS4, watch Format, as close to new condition as possible and under $150. This was doable by stalking eBay auctions and hitting a buy it now placed by someone that didn’t check the watch value first. Since there are a lot of these out there these deals pop up from time to time. Patience + Persistence = Crazy Deal.
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... ef4caa.jpg[/IMG]

For anyone also looking for one of these, I would definitely recommend stalking eBay. There is a built in notification system, but it only checks daily. If anyone knows of a way to get more frequent search checks automatically, please share.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I also recommend these watches. I have the carabiner for hiking and it’s a great tool. Hanging instead of on the wrist makes the temperature immediately accurate, too.

@robotazky