We're Moving!

Click for more info.

CANCELED : Kickstarter: Manchester Watch Works x Silver Watch Co. - HAQ tool watch

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

CANCELED : Kickstarter: Manchester Watch Works x Silver Watch Co. - HAQ tool watch

Post by TheJohnP »

Manchester Watch Works in collaboration with Silver Watch Co. has launched a Kickstarter for a high accuracy quartz (HAQ) tool watch.

Kickstarter price is $329
Regular price will be $449

Estimated delivery is August 2020

The SWC HAQ is the end result of a collaboration between Silver Watch Co. (SWC) and Manchester Watch Works (MWW) to bring a richly spec'd HAQ timepiece to the watch wearing public. This is the first time a boutique watch brand has done so.

"ETA'sPreciDrive (their in house name for their HAQ movements) can achieve a precision which can pass the COSC (the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute) chronometer certification, provided the watch is not exposed to impacts, and kept at a temperature of between 20°c (68 F) and 30°c (86 F). This precision can be achieved thanks to the thermo-compensation operating principle, which controls and regulates the motor pulses according to changes in the ambient temperature. By virtue of combining the quartz and integrated circuit in the same waterproof case, the precision is insensitive to moisture."

So what does this mean? The SWC HAQ is extremely precise and accurate. We're talking an ANNUAL precision of +/- 10 seconds, or in other words, 0.027 seconds a day. At most, it will be off by +/- 1 minute over the course of 6 years! To compare - most decent quartz watches have an accuracy of +/- 20 seconds a day and most decent automatic mechanical movements have an accuracy of -20 to +40 seconds a day. No need to adjust the time to accommodate for losses or gains over months or years! Just grab, go and be confident your SWC HAQ is telling the correct time.

Specifications:
- Limited Edition of only 300 pieces
- 39.5mm Surgical Grade corrosion resistant 316L Stainless Steel with a length of 48mm and a slimness of 11.4mm (including domed crystal); brushed finish with polished beveled edges
- 22mm solid endlinks on a tapering h-link bracelet with a 18mm flip lock push button clasp; brushed finish with polished beveled edges
- Double domed sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflective coating
- Water resistance to 200m
- Display caseback secured with 6 screws
- Superluminova BGW9 lumed dial and hands (all 3 of 'em)
- Swiss Made and decorated ETA E64.511 Precidrive (HAQ) quartz movement with EOL indicator, 41-57 month battery life and crazy accuracy (+/- 10 seconds a year!); the small seconds in this application mainly works as an battery life indicator and let's the wearer know the watch is working
- 120 click unidirectional bezel with choice of fully BGW9 lumed sapphire bezel or stainless steel bezel with BGW9 lumed 12:00 triangle (bezel will have a diamond knurled grip on production models; see render below)
- Screwed down labelled crown (crown will have a diamond knurled grip on production models)
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
pdsf
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Manchester Watch Works x Silver Watch Co. - HAQ tool watch

Post by pdsf »

Kinda wish there are indices for the small second, but I understand it's likely a decision related to aesthetics.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Manchester Watch Works x Silver Watch Co. - HAQ tool watch

Post by TheJohnP »

pdsf wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:53 am Kinda wish there are indices for the small second, but I understand it's likely a decision related to aesthetics.
Just the cross-hairs, which weren't reflected in the prototypes.
Click Icon To Contact Me

EA-Sports
MoT Member

Post by EA-Sports »

Estimated delivery of August 2020? Wow, that seems so far out no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Does seem a long production time, wonder if it has to do with securing the ETA movements?
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TheJohnP wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:01 pm Does seem a long production time, wonder if it has to do with securing the ETA movements?
I've been seeing rumblings that ETA may end sales of ALL movements to non-Swatch Group entities.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:21 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:01 pm Does seem a long production time, wonder if it has to do with securing the ETA movements?
I've been seeing rumblings that ETA may end sales of ALL movements to non-Swatch Group entities.
On that note, would it be easy to source the movements if it should die? MWW is closing shop so support from them would be unlikely. Not familiar with Silver Watch Co other than its also a one man company and that they make a Rolex homage.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: CANCELED : Kickstarter: Manchester Watch Works x Silver Watch Co. - HAQ tool watch

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was:

CANCELED

Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on Dec 30 2019

No other updates or information provided.
Click Icon To Contact Me