We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Yema - Superman GMT Bronze & Superman Steel-Bronze w/ new inhouse movements

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Yema - Superman GMT Bronze & Superman Steel-Bronze w/ new inhouse movements

Post by TheJohnP »

Yema's Kickstarter is LIVE!

https://kickstarter.yema.com/

Yema is delighted to announce the future release of two new in-house movements that will be exclusive to YEMA brand, the YEMA2000 and the YEMA3000 Calibers. YEMA intends to put the new in-house calibers into production by 2021.

In order to finance the investments made during the research and prototyping phase and put into mass production the new in-house calibers, YEMA aims to crowdfund once again via Kickstarter by offering its fans the opportunity to acquire the first models equipped with the new in-house calibers at an advantageous price.

YEMA2000

The new in-house Caliber YEMA2000 is an evolution of the MBP1000 Caliber (more than 250,000 in-house movements sold since 2011). Several components have been improved in order to achieve fundamental gains in terms of precision and durability.

Designed, developed and assembled by our watchmakers in our Morteau (France) workshops, this new 3-hands in-house caliber combines manufacturing simplicity and efficiency offering great precision and reliability at a competitive price-quality ratio.

YEMA3000

YEMA has also developed an in-house GMT caliber in order to meet the growing demand for this type of movement. The new in-house Caliber YEMA3000 benefits from the improved YEMA2000 3-hands movement as a base with the addition of a GMT complication entirely developed by YEMA’s watchmakers team.

This new GMT caliber has same characteristics and performance as YEMA2000 in-house Caliber and will be used exclusively in all future YEMA GMT models.

The final YEMA3000 prototype has undergone numerous control tests including a final one carried out by the Centre Technique Horloger Français, a French independent institution founded in 1945 responsible of testing watch calibers made in France.

The results of the last Chronometric and Power Reserve Tests are satisfactory: Over 42 hours Power Reserve and Daily Rate precision improved to +/- 10 s/d.

Read the results (in French) here - https://kickstarter.yema.com/pages/yema ... etric-test
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstater: Yema Watches - models featuring new in-house movements **LAUNCHING OCT 15th**

Post by Boourns »

This is exciting. I have liked quite a few of new Yema releases lately, especially that recent pilot's watch. A GMT version of that would be really slick.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Thrax
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstater: Yema Watches - models featuring new in-house movements **LAUNCHING OCT 15th**

Post by Thrax »

A bronze Superman GMT with a pepsi bezel would be... very difficult to ignore.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Yema added a video to their Kickstarter teaser landing page, which features a glimpse of their upcoming GMT model that will house the new inhouse movement.

Here's a screencap of the Superman GMT:

Click Icon To Contact Me

WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

Looks like I’ll be getting my second yema watch then!!
Riposte

Post by Riposte »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:31 am Yema added a video to their Kickstarter teaser landing page, which features a glimpse of their upcoming GMT model that will house the new inhouse movement.

Here's a screencap of the Superman GMT:

That looks very similar to their current GMT range, save for the bezel lock. Hoping for more dial and bezel color options rather than just a movement upgrade.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Yema now has a page up on their site with all of the information for the new Kickstarter campaign launching October 15th. There will be a bronze GMT with black and blue dial options. And a steel and bronze three-hander with a choice of gray or green dial. These can all be ordered with either a 39mm or 41mm case size. Many more details at the link below. From there you can link to the separate pages for each model. Also a reminder that Yema is fairly active on Facebook, link below.

LINK TO THE UPCOMING YEMA MODELS

YEMA ON FACEBOOK

YEMA ON INSTAGRAM

YEMA SUPERMAN GMT BRONZE
- In-house Caliber YEMA3000 (GMT)
- 2 dial colors (Black or Blue)
- 39mm or 41mm
- 2 straps (Leather & Tropic)
- Limited Edition of 1948
- Approx. US $749 (-58% off retail price)

YEMA SUPERMAN STEEL BRONZE
- In-house Caliber YEMA2000 (3 hands)
- 2 dial colors (Grey or Green)
- 39mm or 41mm
- 2 straps (Leather & Tropic)
- Limited Edition of 1948
- Approx. US $545 (-54% off retail price)
MoT
Site Admin

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Yema - Superman GMT Bronze & Superman Steel-Bronze w/ new inhouse movements *LAUNCHING OCT 1

Post by MoT »

Steelbronze with green dial is quite nice.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
joelf15
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Yema - Superman GMT Bronze & Superman Steel-Bronze w/ new inhouse movements *LAUNCHING OCT 1

Post by joelf15 »

I was really looking forward to this Kickstarter and I’m reading these crazy thing about the brand !

I’m taken aback and I might skip this Kickstarter, if this helps anyone that’s good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

joelf15 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:04 pm I was really looking forward to this Kickstarter and I’m reading these crazy thing about the brand !

I’m taken aback and I might skip this Kickstarter, if this helps anyone that’s good

Do you have the CliffsNotes version?
I can't see myself watching a 30 minute review video.
Click Icon To Contact Me

pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:31 pm
joelf15 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:04 pm I was really looking forward to this Kickstarter and I’m reading these crazy thing about the brand !

roughly:
clasp is no good. Lume shots on Yema website highly embelished.Lume pip barely glows.the lumed bezel is not lumed/barely visible. Index at 12 fell off,Took to watchmaker and found out that the marker wasn't sized to fit to begin with. Watchmaker took sometime to find a replacement that can fit more or less. Before that got in touch with Yema to arrange for return/repair however was told labels can only be printed after a week but that can take longer and once they get it, it may take a month or longer to get watch serviced. His watchmaker also did water pressure testing and found the watch lacks water resistance at any/all levels.
Last edited by pgcity on Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Fair enough!

Buyer beware when these launch next week.
Click Icon To Contact Me

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Less than a week until launch and the link to Yema's Kickstarter preview page.

chubbledouble
MoT Member

Post by chubbledouble »

pgcity wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:39 pm
TheJohnP wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:31 pm

roughly:
clasp is no good. Lume shots on Yema website highly embelished.Lume pip barely glows.the lumed bezel is not lumed/barely visible. Index at 12 fell off,Took to watchmaker and found out that the marker wasn't sized to fit to begin with. Watchmaker took sometime to find a replacement that can fit more or less. Before that got in touch with Yema to arrange for return/repair however was told labels can only be printed after a week but that can take longer and once they get it, it may take a month or longer to get watch serviced. His watchmaker also did water pressure testing and found the watch lacks water resistance at any/all levels.
Ha. I actually watched this yesterday and immediately re-checked my 12 lume marker. Luckily for me my 63 is in great shape. It seems that it's a real crapshoot when it comes to Yema's QC.

Still a little worried about the depth ratings though... luckily I'm not a diver...
AKAs: Chubley on WUS, DukeofChubley on r/watchexchange
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Yema - Superman GMT Bronze & Superman Steel-Bronze w/ new inhouse movements

Post by TheJohnP »

This Kickstarter is officially LIVE!!

Click Icon To Contact Me