We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Watch Angels: Cedric Bellon Sustainable Watches

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

pdsf
MoT Member

SUCCESSFUL : Watch Angels: Cedric Bellon Sustainable Watches

Post by pdsf »

I just came across this, admittedly a bit late as the campaign ends tomorrow and one of the variants is already sold out. Thought it's interesting and unique enough to share.

https://watchangels.ch/#overview

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cedricbellonwatches/
Screenshot 2020-11-29 104141.png
Screenshot 2020-11-29 104145.png
Screenshot 2020-11-29 103807.png
Screenshot 2020-11-29 103803.png
Here's more info: https://watch-angels.prowly.com/114699- ... le-watches

I had not heard of Watch Angels before. Here is some info on it copy-and-pasted from one of the links above:

Watch Angels is a leading Swiss watch manufacturer based in Mendrisio, Switzerland. It has developed the Crowdmanufacturing system and operates the watchangels.ch community platform. It executes the Crowdmanufacturing projects on behalf of the creator and acts as the contractual party to the buyer. More 40 years of experience in the industry, working for the most renown brand names, confirm its relevance within the Swiss watch industry. www.watchangels.ch
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Watch Angels: Cedric Bellon Sustainable Watches

Post by TheJohnP »

Nice find [mention]pdsf[/mention]!

These are using some interesting movements.

And see that in January, they have a Waltham project coming up.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

Well I had resisted Black Friday so far (the Mont Blanc was technically bought last Tuesday!) but this project has really caught my eye; great design, great ethos, great price and after doing my due diligence on the creator I’ve signed up! I’m really interested to see where this project goes and I know it will be a beautiful watch! So thanks [mention]pdsf[/mention]
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Pleasure!

I would find it hard to say no to the one with the subdial at 12 if it were still available...
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

Just an update on this project; they sold out all their first phase watches so production will be starting soon. Firstly we received a design brief with options for lug shape, lume type, polished/unpolished bevel, numbering on the bevel etc. It feels like a grownup Kickstarter that is isn’t an off the shelf watch and is backed up by a proper Swiss firm, I also like that I won’t be charged VAT- a pet hate of mine!!
There was a section for us to add any ideas; i like the design and the only thing I added was to make the small screws that hold the dial in place in blued steel- make more of a feature of them rather than them looking like a fault!!
I will update the forum when I know more about the project!!
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

WPybus wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:50 am Just an update on this project; they sold out all their first phase watches so production will be starting soon. Firstly we received a design brief with options for lug shape, lume type, polished/unpolished bevel, numbering on the bevel etc. It feels like a grownup Kickstarter that is isn’t an off the shelf watch and is backed up by a proper Swiss firm, I also like that I won’t be charged VAT- a pet hate of mine!!
There was a section for us to add any ideas; i like the design and the only thing I added was to make the small screws that hold the dial in place in blued steel- make more of a feature of them rather than them looking like a fault!!
I will update the forum when I know more about the project!!
Sounds great!

The one with the subdial at 12 did not become available again before the first phase ended (*cry cry*). It'd be interesting to see if the final designs for these models end up being different than the original designs because of enough votes from participants (or "Angels" as they call them!).

The guy who heads up Watch Angels has the same name as the Alpina CEO so maybe they are the same person!?
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Post by DogOnTime »

Damn, too bad I didn't see this on time. Would've loved the soprod variant.
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

[mention]DogOnTime[/mention] i think there will be a second phase of cheap (ish) prices released this month, the ‘wholesale’ price- I don’t know how much but will keep this page updated!! Once the design has been decided on etc. (I’m in for the Soprod btw!)
Interestingly they will be doing a different designers project every month from January, starting with Waltham, which should be an interesting military inspired piece. (My guess)
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

[mention]DogOnTime[/mention] the prices for the next stage will be:

CB01- 14060 (small seconds) will be 1.090 CHF which is $1225.85 or £909
CB01- po25 (soprod) will be 790CHF which is $843 or £625
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

WPybus wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:29 am @DogOnTime the prices for the next stage will be:

CB01- 14060 (small seconds) will be 1.090 CHF which is $1225.85 or £909
CB01- po25 (soprod) will be 790CHF which is $843 or £625
This batch is now available!! :)
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

They are a little cheaper.... 995chf and 695chf if anyone is interested!?

Us ‘angels’ had an in depth questionnaire to fill out re choices for the final design ie; Whether to have a minute track round the outside or not, shape of lugs (classic or square) and shape of hour hand etc They compiled the results and went with the highest percentage. I think the survey results are on the website but it was a great way to feel involved in the project and apart from the minute track (I wanted one, I lost) the results were perfect.

I think it’s going to be a great watch and if anyone has designs on being a watch designer I’d give watch angels an email!!
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

WPybus wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:55 am They are a little cheaper.... 995chf and 695chf if anyone is interested!?

Us ‘angels’ had an in depth questionnaire to fill out re choices for the final design ie; Whether to have a minute track round the outside or not, shape of lugs (classic or square) and shape of hour hand etc They compiled the results and went with the highest percentage. I think the survey results are on the website but it was a great way to feel involved in the project and apart from the minute track (I wanted one, I lost) the results were perfect.

I think it’s going to be a great watch and if anyone has designs on being a watch designer I’d give watch angels an email!!
Awww you're an angel! :)

Did they somehow lower the prices after they initially announced the "euthusiast" level pricing? I can't remember and didn't keep track.

Both models do look good. I am still thinking about getting the one with the subdial at 12 (that's quite unusual, right?!).
WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

Yes.... I appear to be an angel.... would have preferred to be a supporter/member of the board/part of Team Genesis/ or something but I’ll take it!!
Yeh it looks like they have managed to get the price down a bit, whether that’s connected to the survey results I’m not 100% sure.
The subdial at 12 is quite a rare and I’m guessing the movement came from a top brand...! There is a lot of info on the site and Monsieur Bellon has certainly worked for some top brands!!
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

WPybus wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:46 am Yes.... I appear to be an angel.... would have preferred to be a supporter/member of the board/part of Team Genesis/ or something but I’ll take it!!
Yeh it looks like they have managed to get the price down a bit, whether that’s connected to the survey results I’m not 100% sure.
The subdial at 12 is quite a rare and I’m guessing the movement came from a top brand...! There is a lot of info on the site and Monsieur Bellon has certainly worked for some top brands!!
Thanks.

Yes Monsieur Bellon has certainly worked for some top brands. I looked up Dubois Depraz - certainly an area of watchmaking I didn't know existed.

Interesting to note most Angels went with what Monsieur Bellon had originally proposed.

I look forward to seeing the Waltham project.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

The head of Watch Angels previews the components of one of the models here:

So he was indeed the Alpina CEO and is currently heading up a watch manufacturing company in Switzerland, so I guess that goes hand in hand with Watch Angels.

The watch looks quite big/chunky on his wrist I think? I don't know his wrist size though.

Interesting to note it uses the compressor principle in establishing its water resistance.

Those who have committed to purchasing can also order extra straps. There are also special lume, bezel and dial finish options.

[mention]WPybus[/mention] - have they shown you the straps exclusive to the Angels? :)