We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Brand Direct: RZE Watches - Endeavour Titanium Dive Watch Collection

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Brand Direct: RZE Watches - Endeavour Titanium Dive Watch Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

Travis from RZE Watches (formerly Reise Watches) let us know they will soon be launching their next model, the Endeavor automatic titanium diver.
The Endeavor will launch on Monday, Feb 1st at 12pm Singapore time (GMT+8) = EST Sun Jan 31st at 11pm.
RZE is foregoing Kickstarter and will be offering the preorders directly on their site.

The Endeavor preorder is LIVE!
https://www.rzewatches.com/collections/ ... collection

According to the Just One More Watch video review below, the preorder price will start around $359.
And according to RZE, the special pricing will only be available for the first 48 hours!

This collection was named after the HMS Endeavour, the naval vessel raised under the command of Captain James Cook on his first voyage of discovery to Australia and New Zealand. A nod to the sea, the Endeavour is RZE’s premier dive watch, built to take your adventures from across the land into the ocean, featuring a water resistance of 200 meters or 660 feet.

There will be four colorways available - Frigate Grey, Medallion Yellow, Pacific Blue, and Polaris White

Just One More Watch review:

Specs:

- Case: Grade 2 Titanium with UltraHex Coating (up to ~1200Hv hardness)
- Case Size: 40.5mm
- Case Thickness: 12.5mm
- Lug size: 20mm
- Lug to lug: 46mm
- Movement: SII NH38A Automatic Movement
- Water Resistance: 200m (660ft) / 20ATM
- Crown: Screw-down crown with custom reverse engraved logo
- Dial: Sand textured dials with applied indexes filled with Swiss Superluminova
- Hands: Baton hands with Swiss Superluminova
- Lens: Sapphire crystal with inner-side Super-AR
- Bracelet: Grade 2 Titanium bracelet with ULTRAHex Coating with a 20mm to 16mm taper
- Case Back: Screw-down solid titanium caseback with VITON® gasket
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Brand Direct: RZE Watches - Endeavor Titanium Dive Watch Collection **LAUNCHING Mon Feb 1st 12pm (GMT+8)**

Post by Boourns »

Wow. A LOT to like here. I mean I guess I’d prefer a Miyota 9 series with a date option but otherwise it’s pretty much perfect.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
baldrick
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Brand Direct: RZE Watches - Endeavor Titanium Dive Watch Collection **LAUNCHING Mon Feb 1st 12pm (GMT+8)**

Post by baldrick »

Hmm. I was looking forward to this, but am slightly underwhelmed.

I was kicking myself for failing to jump on their first model, the Resolute, but luckily managed to find a well-priced teal version on ebay. I also picked up the titanium bracelet for it and it hasn't left my wrist since. It's a great watch - clean, modern, light and handsome.

This, though...

The bezel immediately strikes me as too busy (and off-centre!) and the logo cheapens the watch to me (the original Resolutes have the original brand/wordmark "REISE" spelled out).

That said, these are personal aesthetic preferences - I'd say if you like the design, go for it: Travis at RZE seems like a nice bloke, they're fast and responsive and make a quality piece.

Edited to add a gratuitous wrist shot of the Resolute!

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Boourns wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:29 pm Wow. A LOT to like here. I mean I guess I’d prefer a Miyota 9 series with a date option but otherwise it’s pretty much perfect.
Agree, but I am loving the no-date.

I'd have a tough time picking which one, however the yellow calls out to me.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Boourns wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:29 pm Wow. A LOT to like here. I mean I guess I’d prefer a Miyota 9 series with a date option but otherwise it’s pretty much perfect.
Yep, same sentiments here.

And for the front-facing product shots - if only they just turned the bezel one more click to the right!!!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Brand Direct: RZE Watches - Endeavor Titanium Dive Watch Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

The RZE Endeavor preorder is LIVE!

https://www.rzewatches.com/collections/ ... collection

For 48 hours only, get the Endeavour at only $359 ($419) and an additional FREE Tropics Rubber Strap in the color of your choice.
Offer ends on Feb 3rd 12pm SGT.

Click Icon To Contact Me

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Brand Direct: RZE Watches - Endeavor Titanium Dive Watch Collection

Post by watchpalooza »

Not the Endeavor, but received my own RZE Resolute in crimson today, and also one in the cobalt blue colorway to review for the forum. Initial impressions are quite positive.

6D9B6199-4E0B-49A5-B576-812706776CD2.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

Post by Conchita Turtle »

I might pay +400EUR for a watch with a Miyota 9000 / Seiko NE15 / STP movement.

In principle, unless it had a hyper-worked case, or some very special tangible or intangible detail, I would not pay more than 200-250EUR for a watch with a Seiko NH. If I pay an mid-range price, I want a caliber with a bit more level.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Conchita Turtle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:52 pm

In principle, unless it had a hyper-worked case, or some very special tangible or intangible detail, I would not pay more than 200-250EUR for a watch with a Seiko NH. If I pay an mid-range price, I want a caliber with a bit more level.
I generally agree, and there are a flood of microbrands with NH’s and many are sub 250EUR. Still, I applaud brands who do not go straight from catalog for their components and ones that pay attention to details to bring a great composition. Here you have a custom titanium case, color-matched date wheel, octagonal date window (to match case shape) outlined in polished steel, applied indices also outlined in polished steel, laser cut hands, high-quality lume, drilled lugs, screw-down signed crown. Given the relatively low production numbers, I can understand why the cost might be higher than the average microbrand NH-driven watch assembled straight from Chinese catalog components.

Interestingly, there is a wide price variance across watches of all types of movements. I can find 2424’s in everything from a $150 chinese microbrand, up to a couple grand for the same movement in a major luxury brand’s watch. Quartz has even wider price dispersion.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

watchpalooza wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:20 pm

I generally agree, and there are a flood of microbrands with NH’s and many are sub 250EUR. Still, I applaud brands who do not go straight from catalog for their components and ones that pay attention to details to bring a great composition. Here you have a custom titanium case, color-matched date wheel, octagonal date window (to match case shape) outlined in polished steel, applied indices also outlined in polished steel, laser cut hands, high-quality lume, drilled lugs, screw-down signed crown. Given the relatively low production numbers, I can understand why the cost might be higher than the average microbrand NH-driven watch assembled straight from Chinese catalog components.

Interestingly, there is a wide price variance across watches of all types of movements. I can find 2424’s in everything from a $150 chinese microbrand, up to a couple grand for the same movement in a major luxury brand’s watch. Quartz has even wider price dispersion.
To borrow from an old cliché: There's movement, finishing/extras, and price. Pick two.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

Post by Conchita Turtle »

I guess it would make for a good thread.

From what I see, the price difference between a NH35 and a Miyota 9000 could be less than about 50EUR, in single movements.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4000939582188.html
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/33023456720.html

And I would pay more far than that difference for equal watch, even if it doesn't sound logical. It would cost me to pay e.g. 300 on a NH, but I guess I would pay without thinking so much 400 or more on exactly the same watch with NE15 / 9015, even 500 with 2824 / Sellita.

It's also something similar with ETA grades. I would not in principle pay more than 750-800 for an Elaboré grade and would want a Top grade if I paid more. But I remember seeing e.g. a Baume "very special and limited edition" in a jewelry for 4000 euros with a low grade Valjoux caliber, a Montblanc for more than 3000 with a Unitas "-1" even in decoration to that of my Steinhart that cost me almost a tenth of that, or a Bell&Ross also Elaboré above 3k. Yikes. It's ok to put an official price a bit high, but some Swiss house borders on making a thef.. mockery of the customer.

But... yes, I am sometimes the worst offender. And here I'm not going to talk about fine and tangible finishing details such as those you describe and that can justify that price at the top of the fork for a NH. Simply, as French mathematician Pascal said, "the heart has reasons that reason cannot know." I have a "piece of Russian iron" Zlatoust with rather ramshackle finishes, mineral glass, too big to be comfortable, and with a simple Vostok caliber, and for which I paid several hundreds. And the most expensive watch I've paid, with a good discount in official watch shop, but not by far the best watch I have, is a Longines with an ETA caliber without COSC. But it is equal to a "Viceroy" quartz watch I bought as a teenager without knowing it was a tribute to this one.
username
MoT Member

Post by username »

Relative Time review:

That one piece bezel could be a challenge for the factory to align.

Great looking watch though.
Last edited by username on Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Conchita Turtle wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:35 pm

I guess it would make for a good thread.

From what I see, the price difference between a NH35 and a Miyota 9000 could be less than about 50EUR, in single movements.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4000939582188.html
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/33023456720.html

And I would pay more far than that difference for equal watch, even if it doesn't sound logical. It would cost me to pay e.g. 300 on a NH, but I guess I would pay without thinking so much 400 or more on exactly the same watch with NE15 / 9015, even 500 with 2824 / Sellita.

It's also something similar with ETA grades. I would not in principle pay more than 750-800 for an Elaboré grade and would want a Top grade if I paid more. But I remember seeing e.g. a Baume "very special and limited edition" in a jewelry for 4000 euros with a low grade Valjoux caliber, a Montblanc for more than 3000 with a Unitas "-1" even in decoration to that of my Steinhart that cost me almost a tenth of that, or a Bell&Ross also Elaboré above 3k. Yikes. It's ok to put an official price a bit high, but some Swiss house borders on making a thef.. mockery of the customer.

But... yes, I am sometimes the worst offender. And here I'm not going to talk about fine and tangible finishing details such as those you describe and that can justify that price at the top of the fork for a NH. Simply, as French mathematician Pascal said, "the heart has reasons that reason cannot know." I have a "piece of Russian iron" Zlatoust with rather ramshackle finishes, mineral glass, too big to be comfortable, and with a simple Vostok caliber, and for which I paid several hundreds. And the most expensive watch I've paid, with a good discount in official watch shop, but not by far the best watch I have, is a Longines with an ETA caliber without COSC. But it is equal to a "Viceroy" quartz watch I bought as a teenager without knowing it was a tribute to this one.
Very well put. I must admit, I also would prefer a Sellita or ETA and would pay more for it...particularly in higher grades.
Click Icon To Contact Me

d_himan

Post by d_himan »

Ordered a white, liked the contrast with those touches of blue in the lume. Yes $359 for a NH gave me pause, but I can give my Helson 38 a break - everytime i see the scratched up clasp, it breaks my heart a bit.
Fell for the no ghost date position, 1200 vickers Titanium, full lume dial, AR coating which actually seems to work, an additional tropic strap...though $450 pre-order for a 9039 with 11 mm thickness would've been perfection.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

From the latest RZE email:

Just in case you blinked (it's kinda important, we get it) and missed our 48-hour Endeavour launch special, we've got something in store for you.

So, here's the deal: Pre-order the Endeavour at only $399 and we'll throw in a FREE tropics rubber strap in the color of your choice!

This offer is limited to 100 pieces, after which prices will increase to $419 until we ship!

Click Icon To Contact Me