UNSUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Revere Collections - Genesis Forged Carbon Automatic

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

UNSUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Revere Collections - Genesis Forged Carbon Automatic

Post by TheJohnP »

Revere Collections out of Signapore have launched their first Kickstarter for their debut model, the Genesis. The Genesis features both a forged carbon case and a carbon fiber dial.

Super Super Early Bird pricing is around $230
Super Early Bird pricing is around $245
Early Bird pricing is around $275
Kickstarter pricing is around $295
Regular price will be about $330

Estimated delivery is October 2021

The reason Revere decided to use forged carbon is "with its great technical capabilities, coupled with its one-of-a-kind aesthetics, this high-tech material is hence the best candidate for a unique timepiece that we most sought to create - the Genesis."

Changes to production models:

- For the dial, we will be adding printed minute markers to improve time-telling on the Genesis.
- The “AUTOMATIC” text will be printed, and the “REVERE” brand name will be removed in favor of a more sleeker look.
- The hands will also now be thicker to make the Genesis more fitting of a sports watch.
- To align with the sporty theme of the watch, as well as improve its utility, we have decided to change the crowns to a screw-down crown as opposed to the current push-pull crowns.
- The crown will also be shortened and widened to further improve aesthetics and usability.
- We have improved the finishing on the watch itself, increasing the satin finish of the watch while giving a polish finish on the sides of the bezel, helping to make the watch more dynamic and complex in its aesthetics
- For the strap, we are planning to improve the current black leather strap (hybrid leather / rubber strap) with a higher quality calf-leather strap.

Specs:

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Revere Collections - Genesis Forged Carbon Automatic

Post by MoT »

I'm all for using exotic materials, and these seem to be quite reasonably priced.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Forged Carbon is an interesting material, would be a great fit for G-Shocks. It lacks a quality metallic like finish at the moment but has an attractive pattern like Damascus steel.

By the looks of it the bezel and backplate on this watch are metallic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

I wish them best of luck. It seems it's going to be hard for them to meet the target though... :(
sobwanhoser
MoT Member

Post by sobwanhoser »

I think part of the issue is the public just are not familiar with carbon fibre.....or how it would be implemented in a watch. I have a carbon fibre ring, and it feels like metal, sounds like metal, looks like DLC and is very light. Also, I think the ability to CNC carbon fibre would allow for some unique and interesting designs at a much cheaper cost than is possible in stainless steel? Not sure how carbon and steel would mesh together for watch tolerances though?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

sobwanhoser wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:49 am I think part of the issue is the public just are not familiar with carbon fibre.....or how it would be implemented in a watch. I have a carbon fibre ring, and it feels like metal, sounds like metal, looks like DLC and is very light. Also, I think the ability to CNC carbon fibre would allow for some unique and interesting designs at a much cheaper cost than is possible in stainless steel? Not sure how carbon and steel would mesh together for watch tolerances though?
Those would be great questions to ask if we have the video discussion with Revere Collections. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2543
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: UNSUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Revere Collections - Genesis Forged Carbon Automatic

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was:

UNSUCCESSFUL

The project's funding goal was not reached on Thu, April 1 2021 8:00 AM EDT
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: UNSUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Revere Collections - Genesis Forged Carbon Automatic

Post by TheJohnP »

Message from the creators:

It’s sad but not the end!
Revere Collections
April 1, 2021

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for being the first to back us! We greatly appreciate the faith that you guys have in us and we continue to work to provide better next time. This will not be our last project but we will be taking some time off to go back to the drawing board to provide an even better product!

Once again thank you so much and till next time!
Click Icon To Contact Me