We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Vesuviate Watches - Attivo Automatic Collection

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Vesuviate Watches - Attivo Automatic Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

Vesuviate Watches out of Singapore have returned to Kickstarter for the launch of their latest model, Attivo.
Their previous two campaigns were both unsuccessful, but appears they ended up producing and selling them through their own website.
So no idea why they keep coming back to the Kickstarter platform.

Super Early Bird pricing is around $296
Early Bird pricing is around $316
Kickstarter pricing is around $336
Regular price will be $475

Estimated delivery is September 2021

Following are some of the preliminary changes for the production model:
* Lume Super-LumiNova – BGW9 for the hour and minute hands will be applied thicker to brighten the hands lume further.
* Black dial will retain the original prototype color as per all the feedback I have received, as some referred to as dark chocolate brown or coffee color.
* The red dial will have chrome second-hand.
* Miyota 9015 will be Gilt (factory gold plated) instead of standard.
* Leather straps add-on to Attivo with central links and custom-made genuine leather straps will be offered if meet the campaign funding goal.
* Details will be announced upon achieving the goal, should not cost more than USD40.00 for the complete set (i.e. leather straps and clasp + center links will be sold separately), pictures below are for illustration purposes only.

There are six colorways available: Black, Yellow, Red, Blue, Green, and Grey

Specs:

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
BATMAN
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Vesuviate Watches - Attivo Automatic Collection

Post by BATMAN »

Maybe the issue is their campaign target. Not familiar with their previous kickstarters, but two failed campaigns and you're still targeting $44k? That's so many backers. They already have 56 backers and they're not even half way to their goal, so they were expecting well over 100 backers.

To compare it to Iridium, their target was $14k and it's even a more expensive watch.

So many factors. Maybe iridium has better supply relations or doesn't need as high of a minimum order amount. Crazy stuff. Wish I could see behind the scenes of all these microbrands.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

VesuviateWatches

Post by VesuviateWatches »

Hi, thank you for your feedback… I am the brand owner of VESUVIATE, one of the reasons behind the two failed campaigns was overestimating that Kickstarter will draw the required buyers and the brand owners only need to design and produce the products… Unfortunately, the reality is not what it seems, hence, on this third attempt, after the prototypes have been completed in September last year, I decided to spend six months to promote on Facebook, Instagram Reddit, Google Ads and having both YouTube video and written reviews done by some popular influencers. Currently, the campaign is on the ninth day and we have 111 watches (75%) backed and 35 watches (25%) more to go to reach the campaign goal! To answer your question why targeting such a high goal? Simply I am not a Sales or Marketing person, I have been in the operations for the last three decades, I am good in my work from “design – manufacture – delivery” but I am not sure about selling! In order to go into production, there is a minimum order quantity of 300 pieces (Economies of scale), hence, unless I can have at least half of these taken care of by the campaign, that will give me the sense of confidence that I should be able to find buyers for the balance on-hand quantity. Comparing with Iridium is not a fair comparison, they are using the same Cal. 9000 series, I am sure their cost is about the same as mine, however, their strength might be in Sales and Marketing where they might not have any concern about finding buyers for their balance on-hand quantity. Thank you.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

VesuviateWatches wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:43 am Hi, thank you for your feedback… I am the brand owner of VESUVIATE, one of the reasons behind the two failed campaigns was overestimating that Kickstarter will draw the required buyers and the brand owners only need to design and produce the products… Unfortunately, the reality is not what it seems, hence, on this third attempt, after the prototypes have been completed in September last year, I decided to spend six months to promote on Facebook, Instagram Reddit, Google Ads and having both YouTube video and written reviews done by some popular influencers. Currently, the campaign is on the ninth day and we have 111 watches (75%) backed and 35 watches (25%) more to go to reach the campaign goal! To answer your question why targeting such a high goal? Simply I am not a Sales or Marketing person, I have been in the operations for the last three decades, I am good in my work from “design – manufacture – delivery” but I am not sure about selling! In order to go into production, there is a minimum order quantity of 300 pieces (Economies of scale), hence, unless I can have at least half of these taken care of by the campaign, that will give me the sense of confidence that I should be able to find buyers for the balance on-hand quantity. Comparing with Iridium is not a fair comparison, they are using the same Cal. 9000 series, I am sure their cost is about the same as mine, however, their strength might be in Sales and Marketing where they might not have any concern about finding buyers for their balance on-hand quantity. Thank you.
Hello! I am like a nobody here but welcome to ManOnTime! We are the friendliest bunch of watch nerds/fans this side of the internet. I hope you hang around!

Thanks for sharing your experience and telling us more about your brand. I like the design; the creamy yellow variant reminds me of custard haha and that's a good thing because I like custard. It's too big for me though, I think, but that's not your fault! I think lots of guys would find that size rather fitting. I'd certainly pick it up and try it on if ever I see it at a local watch GTG.

I wish you guys success!
VesuviateWatches

Hi, Thank you for your kind words... much appreciated. Yes, there are two matte finishes dials namely the black and cream colors are intended to create a more retro feel of the square-shaped design, I am really glad that you like the cream color, it is one of my favorites too! Please stay safe and healthy... Cheers!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Thanks for joining the site and providing more background on the campaign [mention]VesuviateWatches[/mention]
As [mention]pdsf[/mention] mentioned, we are a nice bunch, but with that, we do have strong opinions. haha.

I believe a lot of us are familiar with MOQs on watch orders, but really found your post to provide some of the "behind the curtain" information we never really know.

I know there's still time for you to get those remaining backers and hoping the campaign successfully funds.
Please stick around and hope you enjoy the site.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

VesuviateWatches wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:01 am Hi, Thank you for your kind words... much appreciated. Yes, there are two matte finishes dials namely the black and cream colors are intended to create a more retro feel of the square-shaped design, I am really glad that you like the cream color, it is one of my favorites too! Please stay safe and healthy... Cheers!
Great to have you join and post here. I am one of the 111 backers, and hope to see this campaign succeed fully. The design elements and composition are compelling and definitely with a vintage vibe. I have not decided on a colorway yet, but thankfully did not have to do so up front.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Regarding the colorways, I like the interplay of colors - the way the logo “pops” on the black, blue, green and red variants. It is not as prominent for the gray and creme colorways. Also the contrasting red of the “Ativo” on all but the red colorway is a real eye-catcher and breaks up the lower text very well...I think if the red had a different contrasting color for the “Ativo” (and not white) and a different color seconds hand (Not orange), it would be my favorite. To be clear, all are beautiful, and I am only nitpicking here. For me then, I think it will be blue or green...leaning green (subject to change).
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
VesuviateWatches

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 am Thanks for joining the site and providing more background on the campaign @VesuviateWatches
As @pdsf mentioned, we are a nice bunch, but with that, we do have strong opinions. haha.

I believe a lot of us are familiar with MOQs on watch orders, but really found your post to provide some of the "behind the curtain" information we never really know.

I know there's still time for you to get those remaining backers and hoping the campaign successfully funds.
Please stick around and hope you enjoy the site.
Hi, thank you for your welcome message and really making me enjoy visiting this site, Yes, generally the programming and setting up of the CNC lathe and machining center took up most of the time, once the machines are correctly set up, the machining work is fact and automatic, hence, the larger the quantity will results in a decreased cost per unit, apparently, 300 pieces is the magic number where most of the machine shop would accept the order and provide a more realistic or rather optimal price. Attivo had reached the three-quarter milestone – currently, 113 watches (77%) backed and 33 watches (23%) more to go to reach the campaign goal, I sincerely hope with the support from the watch enthusiast from all these awesome watch communities, my dream of putting Attivo into production can be fulfilled. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me via info@vesuviate.com. Cheers!
VesuviateWatches

watchpalooza wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:41 am
VesuviateWatches wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:01 am Hi, Thank you for your kind words... much appreciated. Yes, there are two matte finishes dials namely the black and cream colors are intended to create a more retro feel of the square-shaped design, I am really glad that you like the cream color, it is one of my favorites too! Please stay safe and healthy... Cheers!
Great to have you join and post here. I am one of the 111 backers, and hope to see this campaign succeed fully. The design elements and composition are compelling and definitely with a vintage vibe. I have not decided on a colorway yet, but thankfully did not have to do so up front.
Hi, many thanks for your support and I am really glad that my design of Attivo resonates with you, Yes indeed the intent of the square watch is to create a vintage look and yet classy elegant dress watch but at the same time can be used like a tool-watch and enjoying any sports and activities with Attivo on your wrist. It will be another 20 days, that is if Attivo can be successfully funded and I will be sending a survey form for you to confirm the color of your choice. Once again thank you so much for your support, please stay safe and healthy... Cheers!
VesuviateWatches

watchpalooza wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:17 am Regarding the colorways, I like the interplay of colors - the way the logo “pops” on the black, blue, green and red variants. It is not as prominent for the gray and creme colorways. Also the contrasting red of the “Ativo” on all but the red colorway is a real eye-catcher and breaks up the lower text very well...I think if the red had a different contrasting color for the “Ativo” (and not white) and a different color seconds hand (Not orange), it would be my favorite. To be clear, all are beautiful, and I am only nitpicking here. For me then, I think it will be blue or green...leaning green (subject to change).
Hi, Many thanks for your support... As for the logo i.e. VESUVIATE with the round fire flame above, is the registered trademark of the brand, we have registered both black and white wordings with the golden fire flame since these are the two registered colors, we cannot replace them with another color. The second hand for the red dial supposed to be chrome finish like the hour and minute hands, unfortunately, during casing up, our contractor realize that they have omitted the chrome second hand, as such we have decided to install the red second hand just not to cause any further delay. Chrome hands generally look white, that's the reason we have decided to have a white Attivo for the red dial. Yes, the green dial is the most unique of the six colors, it looks so much better when you are looking at the physical watch itself. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me!
BATMAN
MoT Member

Post by BATMAN »

VesuviateWatches wrote:Hi, thank you for your feedback… I am the brand owner of VESUVIATE, one of the reasons behind the two failed campaigns was overestimating that Kickstarter will draw the required buyers and the brand owners only need to design and produce the products… Unfortunately, the reality is not what it seems, hence, on this third attempt, after the prototypes have been completed in September last year, I decided to spend six months to promote on Facebook, Instagram Reddit, Google Ads and having both YouTube video and written reviews done by some popular influencers. Currently, the campaign is on the ninth day and we have 111 watches (75%) backed and 35 watches (25%) more to go to reach the campaign goal! To answer your question why targeting such a high goal? Simply I am not a Sales or Marketing person, I have been in the operations for the last three decades, I am good in my work from “design – manufacture – delivery” but I am not sure about selling! In order to go into production, there is a minimum order quantity of 300 pieces (Economies of scale), hence, unless I can have at least half of these taken care of by the campaign, that will give me the sense of confidence that I should be able to find buyers for the balance on-hand quantity. Comparing with Iridium is not a fair comparison, they are using the same Cal. 9000 series, I am sure their cost is about the same as mine, however, their strength might be in Sales and Marketing where they might not have any concern about finding buyers for their balance on-hand quantity. Thank you.
Thank you for the response. Best of luck in getting funded. The comparison to Iridium was only because their campaign had just been posted to this forum around the same time that yours was posted here. It's a great looking watch, you knocked the design outta the park.

Conchita Turtle
MoT Member

Post by Conchita Turtle »

Hello!

Good luck, and may you finally be able to carry out your watch.

I applaud that you have decided to mount a Miyota 9000, which is a movement of higher level and quality than the ubiquitous and cheap NH35 that many microbrands mount at those same prices.

Personally, I find the dial a bit unusual, with that circumference for indexes and seconds, when the seventies TV type cases used to carry more "square" indexes. A modern example paying homage to those watches could be the Glashütte Seventies.

However, this configuration perhaps gives it more sportiness.
VesuviateWatches

BATMAN wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:23 pm
VesuviateWatches wrote:Hi, thank you for your feedback… I am the brand owner of VESUVIATE, one of the reasons behind the two failed campaigns was overestimating that Kickstarter will draw the required buyers and the brand owners only need to design and produce the products… Unfortunately, the reality is not what it seems, hence, on this third attempt, after the prototypes have been completed in September last year, I decided to spend six months to promote on Facebook, Instagram Reddit, Google Ads and having both YouTube video and written reviews done by some popular influencers. Currently, the campaign is on the ninth day and we have 111 watches (75%) backed and 35 watches (25%) more to go to reach the campaign goal! To answer your question why targeting such a high goal? Simply I am not a Sales or Marketing person, I have been in the operations for the last three decades, I am good in my work from “design – manufacture – delivery” but I am not sure about selling! In order to go into production, there is a minimum order quantity of 300 pieces (Economies of scale), hence, unless I can have at least half of these taken care of by the campaign, that will give me the sense of confidence that I should be able to find buyers for the balance on-hand quantity. Comparing with Iridium is not a fair comparison, they are using the same Cal. 9000 series, I am sure their cost is about the same as mine, however, their strength might be in Sales and Marketing where they might not have any concern about finding buyers for their balance on-hand quantity. Thank you.
Thank you for the response. Best of luck in getting funded. The comparison to Iridium was only because their campaign had just been posted to this forum around the same time that yours was posted here. It's a great looking watch, you knocked the design outta the park.

Hi, No worries... Thank you for your well wishes and encouragement, just wanted to highlight that I indeed lack Sales and Marketing skills hence, it is reflected in the high numbers of my campaign goal. Stay safe... Cheers!
VesuviateWatches

Conchita Turtle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:39 pm Hello!

Good luck, and may you finally be able to carry out your watch.

I applaud that you have decided to mount a Miyota 9000, which is a movement of higher level and quality than the ubiquitous and cheap NH35 that many microbrands mount at those same prices.

Personally, I find the dial a bit unusual, with that circumference for indexes and seconds, when the seventies TV type cases used to carry more "square" indexes. A modern example paying homage to those watches could be the Glashütte Seventies.

However, this configuration perhaps gives it more sportiness.
Hi, many thanks for your kind words... I believe I have mentioned before that I have been an operation professional for way too long and have developed an extreme time consciousness up to the second of a minute; hence, I need to be able to keep track of the second hand on the second's track ;-) Yes, I personally would prefer a higher beat caliber i.e. 28,800 vph vs. 21,600 vph for a smoother secondhand sweep and the lower height of 3.9mm vs. 5.32 mm, where the watch is 100m water-resistant (considering it is a square case) and yet able to keep the total height of the watch below 11mm. Thanks for showing the pictures of the many past watches, I wasn't aware that there were so many square watches around... Cheers!