We're Moving!

Click for more info.

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Timing Watches - Double Power Reserve Skeleton Mechanical

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Timing Watches - Double Power Reserve Skeleton Mechanical

Post by TheJohnP »

Timing Watches out of Hong Kong have launched their second Kickstarter for a limited edition run of self developed mechanical movements featuring a power reserve indicator on both the front dial and case back.

There are only 30 of the in-house TM2329 movements made, so for those looking for something unique, you found it!

10 Day Special Pricing through 5/20 is around $2,267
Kickstarter pricing is around $2,550
Regular price will be about $2,832

Estimated delivery is June 2021

Chan established Timing more than 20 years ago. He likes to modify the mechanical movement into different settings, arrangements, and placements. The production time for modifying 30 movements took almost a year, starting from May 2018 till June 2019. The result is the TM2329. Each watch comes with a limited edition number. We provide all the watches with 3 years warranty under any damage.

There are two colorways available, the Model A with a silver movement base or Model B with a gilt movement base.

Specs:

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Boourns
MoT Member

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Timing Watches - Double Power Reserve Skeleton Mechanical *SPECIAL 10 DAY DISCOUNT*

Post by Boourns »

Sometimes the watches that get funded boggle my mind.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: Timing Watches - Double Power Reserve Skeleton Mechanical *SPECIAL 10 DAY DISCOUNT*

Post by watchpalooza »

Its not for me, but interesting. If I was a fan of skeletons I might be more compelled.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Thrax
MoT Member

Post by Thrax »

This should be banned from kickstarter. It's not an original design, as it used to be available widely on AliX from ODMs. It's also a ripoff of Breguet.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Thrax wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:53 pm This should be banned from kickstarter. It's not an original design, as it used to be available widely on AliX from ODMs. It's also a ripoff of Breguet.

If you can find me some AliX links, I can report this campaign.
I know I've never seen a double power reserve movement before, but wouldn't be surprised if there was.
Click Icon To Contact Me

yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Yea, this is an odd one. The goal was 5,000 HKD, which is roughly $643 USD. The price to "pledge" is 17,800 HKD inclusive of shipping, or about $2292 USD. So the sale of just one watch was equal to 3.5x their goal. Considering this campaigner already has 30 watches on hand and it doesn't appear they will be producing more, my guess is that they marketed it on Kickstarter for more eyeballs....rather than bc they had to raise the capital required for manufacturing. On the plus side, it's different from most of the other Kickstarter watches.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: Timing Watches - Double Power Reserve Skeleton Mechanical

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was:

SUCCESSFUL

10 backers pledged HK$ 77,860 to help bring this project to life.
Click Icon To Contact Me