SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: HVD Watches - SpectreDiver, Swiss Mechanical Collection

All your KickStarter, Indiegogo, etc watch and watch accessory project threads can be found here.

Moderator: TheJohnP

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: HVD Watches - SpectreDiver, Swiss Mechanical Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

HVD Watches (aka Handwound Vintage Design), is a sub-brand of RZE run by Travis and his wife, Vivian.

HVD was founded to bring the people back to basics; back to a simpler time. With the use of modern technology, HVD combines hand wound mechanical movements with super-vintage styling to produce well-crafted vintage-inspired timepieces at an affordable price.

The first release for HVD will be the SpectreDiver, a vintage inspired dive watch with a Swiss movement.

The campaign will launch on Kickstarter on Monday, July 5th at 10am EST.
Initial Early Bird pricing should be around $399.

There will be three colorways available - green, black, or white.

SPECIFICATIONS:
- 316L surgical-grade stainless steel case
- 120-click unidirection bezel
- Sellita SW210-1 hand-winding movement (28800bhp)
- Water resistance to 200m (660ft) / 20ATM
- Push-pull crown with custom engraved logo
- Individual hand-textured dials with applied indexes
- Swiss superluminova
- Dome plexiglass crystal
- 316L surgical-grade stainless steel bracelet with solid endlinks
- Push-button clasp with 3 micro-adjustment slots
- Included: Full-grain calf-leather pouch + tool for bracelet sizing

DIMENSIONS:
- 40mm case width
- 10mm case thickness + 2.5mm dome crystal thickness
- 20mm lug width tapers to 16mm at clasp
- 48mm lug-to-lug
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: HVD Watches - SpectreDiver, Swiss Mechanical Collection **LAUNCHING on July 5th at 10am EST!*

Post by TheJohnP »

The HVD SprectreDiver campaign is LIVE!!

Click Icon To Contact Me

isotope
MoT Member

Re: Heads Up! I Saw A Bargain Here! 2021

Post by isotope »

I wish these kickstarters could differentiate themselves from other hundreds of existing ones.

But more competitions are better for consumers, I guess.
dumberdrummer
MoT Member

Post by dumberdrummer »

isotope wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:11 pm I wish these kickstarters could differentiate themselves from other hundreds of existing ones.

Word. While I appreciate seeing "new" KS campaigns posted here; my usual, kneejerk response is "yawn, snore....there's nothing really that 'new' about yet another 'me too' KS'er being posted here". :P
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

dumberdrummer wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:51 pm
isotope wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:11 pm I wish these kickstarters could differentiate themselves from other hundreds of existing ones.

Word. While I appreciate seeing "new" KS campaigns posted here; my usual, kneejerk response is "yawn, snore....there's nothing really that 'new' about yet another 'me too' KS'er being posted here". :P
Same here. How many Rolex-inspired divers does the world need? I keep waiting for a titanium solar with tritium tubes but all I ever see is something I could get 100 other places.

I must be my own niche market of one. :)
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

Elkins45 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:03 pm

Same here. How many Rolex-inspired divers does the world need? I keep waiting for a titanium solar with tritium tubes but all I ever see is something I could get 100 other places.

There are at least 2 of us. 40mm, titanium, tritium, solar/Quartz and a 12 hour bezel.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

I'd bet that John looks at 5+ watch kickstarters for every one he posts here. There are just so many.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
cuica
MoT Member

Post by cuica »

jcombs1 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:40 pm

There are at least 2 of us. 40mm, titanium, tritium, solar/Quartz and a 12 hour bezel.
Another 1 here.
TayTay
MoT Member

Post by TayTay »

I often feel the same way. However, I'm a bit interested in this one after skimming this (overly) glowing article earlier:

https://timeandtidewatches.com/micro-mo ... diver-400/

If I compare this to my Steinhart for example, I have to admit it is a pretty good value at $399.

I like the white dial version the most and then green is probably my second choice. The scratched dial treatment is kinda neat. Good size case and sounds seems like a comfortable tapered bracelet. I like the vintage case, crystal, and bezel design choices. Swiss movement is good to see.

The seller has delivered some watches before too, so that helps a bit with the KS sketchiness too! Overall I think it's a solid option for someone who wants a new vintage inspired watch.

(sorry I took it back off topic btw)
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: PREORDER: Kickstarter: HVD Watches - SpectreDiver, Swiss Mechanical Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

TayTay wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:37 pm

I often feel the same way. However, I'm a bit interested in this one after skimming this (overly) glowing article earlier:

https://timeandtidewatches.com/micro-mo ... diver-400/

If I compare this to my Steinhart for example, I have to admit it is a pretty good value at $399.

I like the white dial version the most and then green is probably my second choice. The scratched dial treatment is kinda neat. Good size case and sounds seems like a comfortable tapered bracelet. I like the vintage case, crystal, and bezel design choices. Swiss movement is good to see.

The seller has delivered some watches before too, so that helps a bit with the KS sketchiness too! Overall I think it's a solid option for someone who wants a new vintage inspired watch.

(sorry I took it back off topic btw)

Since this was all discussing a specific Kickstarter (or caused by mention of a specific Kickstarter), I have moved all discussion to the thread dedicated to the HVD SprectreDiver.

Feel free to carry on the conversation.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

Yeah, and a 12 hour bezel too.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Elkins45 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:33 pm

Yeah, and a 12 hour bezel too.

I'm fairly sure their next release is a chrono.
But maybe reach out to Travis from RZE & HVD to see if he has interest in what you're looking for?

Since RZE focuses on titanium watches, might not be too far a stretch.
Click Icon To Contact Me

isotope
MoT Member

Post by isotope »

Boourns wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:57 pm

I'd bet that John looks at 5+ watch kickstarters for every one he posts here. There are just so many.
I made a lazy comment. Sorry about that.

Really appreciate these KS posts by john, as at least it's something different. Other than the usual tissot, seiko, and other mainstream brands. Also need to support these small brands by exposing them, and some readers might like them.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

isotope wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:27 am
Boourns wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:57 pm

I made a lazy comment. Sorry about that.

Really appreciate these KS posts by john, as at least it's something different. Other than the usual tissot, seiko, and other mainstream brands. Also need to support these small brands by exposing them, and some readers might like them.
No need to apologize, as there IS a lot of crap and the same thing over and over.

I tend not to post in the main thread unless it seems like it's about to launch at a great price that might not last.
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: SUCCESSFUL : Kickstarter: HVD Watches - SpectreDiver, Swiss Mechanical Collection

Post by TheJohnP »

To follow up, this Kickstarter campaign was:

SUCCESSFUL

124 backers pledged S$70,776 to help bring this project to life.
Click Icon To Contact Me